No Oppo Supporters Opposition posters say the strangest things - Carlton posters ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

hard habit to break after 35 years of it............we whinge about our predicament, the salary cap stuff, the awful drafting and trading over the years - they just whinge oblivious to their general shitness over a very long time.........

Gut feel was that they had the rub of the green early (50m against Simmo, missed calls when our players were being held), but it went too far the other way in the second half. Maybe that was a result of the way the game was played - the team with the momentum tends to draw frees. But I also think the umpires were too trigger happy, and without the crowd to rein them in a little when they make a bad call, it could be a common theme this year.
The thing I noticed was that the umpiring last night resembled park footy umpiring at a decent level than AFL umpiring usually does. Lots of technically there frees and fifties paid, but not as much guessing or assumption (which unfortunately is the hallmark of AFL umpiring, alongside rule of the week).

It's still a prick of a game to umpire. Just wish they'd get rid of the 'protected area' 50m, and consistently pay in the back frees where a player has played in front and the player behind pushes them directly in the back and marks the ball. It was a free for 100 years before last season.

Melts have started on Freo board

Disgusting, people are going to lose their jobs, businesses, loved ones, houses etc
These entitled flogs can go and get real jobs like the rest of us

The thing I noticed was that the umpiring last night resembled park footy umpiring at a decent level than AFL umpiring usually does. Lots of technically there frees and fifties paid, but not as much guessing or assumption (which unfortunately is the hallmark of AFL umpiring, alongside rule of the week).

It's still a prick of a game to umpire. Just wish they'd get rid of the 'protected area' 50m, and consistently pay in the back frees where a player has played in front and the player behind pushes them directly in the back and marks the ball. It was a free for 100 years before last season.

When they brought in the rule, that players couldn't push, or place their hands on/in their opponents back, it finally eliminated a grey area in the rules.

Changing the rules back, allowing it, has frustrated everyone and has recreated inconsistencies

Rules committee, FMD

Adelaide supporters are not taking the loss well...

I think it's important to work hard to get losses early and establish a bottom 2 spot for when the afl pull the pin. Secure the high draft pick on the back of a short season

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Edit: There's loads more in there.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just posted this here cause I noticed a couple of Norf main board posters have had a crack at Paddy Dow.
They only have a single player I'd take from their list - Ben Brown - and it's in a position we're actually pretty well stocked. Maybe with some pressure for his spot, he might go for a ground ball or lay a tackle some time this year.

Doesn't surprise me they'd have a bee in their bonnets about Dow. I mean, they can't really bag out any of the other draftees we've picked up.

They only have a single player I'd take from their list - Ben Brown - and it's in a position we're actually pretty well stocked. Maybe with some pressure for his spot, he might go for a ground ball or lay a tackle some time this year.

Doesn't surprise me they'd have a bee in their bonnets about Dow. I mean, they can't really bag out any of the other draftees we've picked up.

Zuhaar goes all right. And Tarryn Thomas has shown flashes of brilliance. But generally their youth development has not been great.

From the Why hasn't there been more pressure on St Kilda through the years thread on the main board:
heres the thing St Kilda know what it is to bunker down and make do with what we got ... bigger clubs who now lose their gaming revenue who have for generations not had a want for anything suddenly are brought into the situation St Kilda have been in for decades ... St Kilda will survive this ... for all the mud thrown at our club the one thing you can always count on is our members and fans love our club and we will not let this be the nail to kill us ... we might not have the sheer volume of members but when the s**t hits the fan we band together and we know how to fight for our team ...
people in this thread may find joy in seeing the likes of St Kilda North and WB struggle for survival but the point they miss is without us suddenly its the Freo, Port, Carlton, Melbourne who become the minow clubs

thomas, zurharr i'd like aswell.

From the Why hasn't there been more pressure on St Kilda through the years thread on the main board:

Linton St Rabble supporter in that same thread ...

I was going to just leave it but the amount of nuffies on this thread is unbelievable. Supporters of clubs like Carlton and North need a St Kilda to deflect the insecurities they have about their own clubs.

That Waite kid could be anything in a few years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back