Ovens and King Football League 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

It doesn't matter what a coach says, it has to go through a club's committee first. Especially if a coach isn't on the committee to start with...

What club would not have their coaches on the committee?? Coaching is such an integral role in any club, it would be crazy not to involve this person in decision making at a club level. And on the flip-side, having the coach on the committee makes them directly accountable in their role.
IMHO any club bringing big name "celebrity" players into their side, even for one game, is great for the club, their direct opposition on the day and the league. The gate takings and the media attention (including social like on here!!), does more than just the end result on the scoreboard. And if the game is against Bonnie Doon in round 10 or so I might just have to pull the boots back on... even if the wife will kill me!!!

What club would not have their coaches on the committee?? Coaching is such an integral role in any club, it would be crazy not to involve this person in decision making at a club level. And on the flip-side, having the coach on the committee makes them directly accountable in their role.
IMHO any club bringing big name "celebrity" players into their side, even for one game, is great for the club, their direct opposition on the day and the league. The gate takings and the media attention (including social like on here!!), does more than just the end result on the scoreboard. And if the game is against Bonnie Doon in round 10 or so I might just have to pull the boots back on... even if the wife will kill me!!!

I would have thought coaching would have been a big enough job in itself let alone having to go to committee meetings as well!

One new signing is an ex-B&F at our club from a number of years back. The other?? Well you can keep Hopper McCormack for a "cameo" appearance.

Because in the next week or so Greta will announce that a high profile ex-AFL Premiership player will play a game for our club early in the season.
Think Akermanis in 2011 & you'd be getting close!!!
This is an awesome coup for our club & a great return for the hard work done by a number of our committee members.
The league have sanctioned a change of day & venue with the game to be held on a Sunday in Wang.
There will be a press release soon & all will be revealed then.

This is what I said last week & nothing has changed.

The idea of last weeks post was to get people talking prior to the announcement as to who the marquee player could be.
He played over 200 games for two AFL clubs & the guys tell me he's "a cracking bloke".

On the day we'll be wearing brand new purple & gold "heritage" guernseys, emblazoned with new sponsors who have jumped at the opportunity of supporting such an event.

There will be a Sportsmans Night @ 6pm after the game at Wang Turf Club & we plan to auction his signed Greta guernsey off that night.

The original plan was Good Friday against Moyhu but our man was unavailable that day. I'll confirm it's a Sunday game which allows other O&K people who'd normally be at their respective games to come along & enjoy the day.

It's certainly by far the biggest thing that's happened in my years at the club.

NOW BY ALL MEANS PLEASE USE THE 2014 O&K FORUM SLIM HAS BEEN GOOD ENOUGH TO SET UP FOR US!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back