$10 Moyhu
$20 Bright
$50 Bonnie Doon
$60 Greta
$100 Goorambat
$150 Tatong
$1000 Benalla All Blacks / Swanpool

309 point drubbing for Swanpool... Wow
Did some research, 9 players doubled up and played reserves and seniors (some of which are in their late 30's and early 40's) meaning that they had only 29 players to choose from for both grades, where as healthy clubs would have at least 44 to choose from for 2 grades, and then some would probably miss out.
Things are in VERY ordinary shape at Swanny, and from what I've heard, when asked about the situation, the Coach still claims that everything is going alright, and that the numbers are fine... Delusional?

309 point drubbing for Swanpool... Wow
Did some research, 9 players doubled up and played reserves and seniors (some of which are in their late 30's and early 40's) meaning that they had only 29 players to choose from for both grades, where as healthy clubs would have at least 44 to choose from for 2 grades, and then some would probably miss out.
Things are in VERY ordinary shape at Swanny, and from what I've heard, when asked about the situation, the Coach still claims that everything is going alright, and that the numbers are fine... Delusional?

the league is well aware of it and is having a meeting with the vcfl in regards to a few sides currently struggling this week I have been told, something needs to be done the competition is so one sided that there's no enjoyment playing on a Saturday I feel . people loose interest in playing for losing sides and for sides who win by that much each week .. the last two games king valley have won by 550 points there abouts what a joke!! I have heard that a few sides are still waiting on players to turn up and ringing around offering cash incentives to play ??

the league is well aware of it and is having a meeting with the vcfl in regards to a few sides currently struggling this week I have been told, something needs to be done the competition is so one sided that there's no enjoyment playing on a Saturday I feel . people loose interest in playing for losing sides and for sides who win by that much each week .. the last two games king valley have won by 550 points there abouts what a joke!! I have heard that a few sides are still waiting on players to turn up and ringing around offering cash incentives to play ??

Try 483 points, they've probably kicked about 550 points in total....
Pretty impressed with Doon on Sat, gained a few over the last couple of weeks and were a far better side than I saw good friday...Will probably squeeze into the 8 I reckon...

Try 483 points, they've probably kicked about 550 points in total....
Pretty impressed with Doon on Sat, gained a few over the last couple of weeks and were a far better side than I saw good friday...Will probably squeeze into the 8 I reckon...

I said there abouts slim 2 games in and nearly 500 points winning margin close games from the bottom sides to the top sides .. go figure .

look at glenrowan last year they were ten times worse than what swanpool are this year and then one sponsor gets on board with a fat wallet they pick up one dealer here one dealer there and then BOOM they beat moyhu by 7 goals,before you go around talking about winding up 100years of history with some of these clubs why dont you give them some time to find there feet and maybe recruit some dealers and sponsors to the club

look at glenrowan last year they were ten times worse than what swanpool are this year and then one sponsor gets on board with a fat wallet they pick up one dealer here one dealer there and then BOOM they beat moyhu by 7 goals,before you go around talking about winding up 100years of history with some of these clubs why dont you give them some time to find there feet and maybe recruit some dealers and sponsors to the club

I dont think ya can have glenrowan an example for how clubs should become a good side very rare for a club to have a committee member pitch in around 60k-70k to splash on players and coaches, And evan then prob not a good way of doing it geting so many travelling players would not be surprised if glenrowan are back near the bottom in two years time? Apparently the money is loaned to the club over three years cant see him getting it all back in that time?

I dont think ya can have glenrowan an example for how clubs should become a good side very rare for a club to have a committee member pitch in around 60k-70k to splash on players and coaches, And evan then prob not a good way of doing it geting so many travelling players would not be surprised if glenrowan are back near the bottom in two years time? Apparently the money is loaned to the club over three years cant see him getting it all back in that time?
What a lot of BS.......haha....just sour grapes, you dont happen to barrack for the mighty hoppers??

I seriously am embarrassed for you boys ....You need to get your facts right .....You wont hear the Mighty Tarrawingee , North Wang or Milawa complaining about this ...They have too much class ...You all sit there and write about the plights of Swanpool , Tatong, Benalla etc etc ..yet when one of these clubs gets off the mat looks ok and starts knocking off a few big scalps everyone starts looking for reasons why its happened ...rather than the fact that these clubs are well run .. Its obvious you blokes like being back yard bullies and feed off the fact that some clubs are struggling because it makes your club look soooooo strong but when one of these clubs get it right on and off the field you start looking for sooky lala reasons why its happening . It was great to see a club like Glenrowan who know one rated at Moyhu come out and belt them on the score board and apparently on the ground and send them back to Moyhu licking their wounds ....This surely gives hope to Darby , Gil , Val and Pigeon !!!!

Trot I'm sure they had some " helperouters" for the day and I don't think there's a club in existence that hasn't done that...Backing up this week tho will be the test and I hope for the Swans that it can be done....It's ok to say merge but there's a lot to be considered in that situation, netballers,communities,sponsors etc. I'm not saying it shouldn't be done but it has to be worked thru properly...

Swansong, if you're still around, perhaps you could give us an insight into where they're at...

It has been an interesting start to the year... After a solid pre season of jack in the pack and lane work a few of the boys have had to miss the first few weeks of the season in quarantine due to leather poisoning, the flu and even a couple of cases of the clap and herpes.
Looking towards round 3 it looks like there will be 15 to come back in... Things arent as bad out at Swanpool as everyone thinks. Some nights of training we have only had about 5-10 there because of lack of sleep the night before, family birthday dinners or people forgetting there football boots. It might be a long year, but with the quality players we have out here i expect a win very very soon. SS

I have just been looking through some of the recent scores from the first 2 rounds and i am wondering if i am looking at the Ovens and King Football League or the Ovens and King Cricket Association??? There are some scores that a team batting second wouldn't want to be chasing.

I have just been looking through some of the recent scores from the first 2 rounds and i am wondering if i am looking at the Ovens and King Football League or the Ovens and King Cricket Association??? There are some scores that a team batting second wouldn't want to be chasing.
You don't see too many WDCA scores that big....Not many teams chase down 200 let alone 300 so you would be safe as houses getting 309 on the board!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seriously am embarrassed for you boys ....You need to get your facts right .....You wont hear the Mighty Tarrawingee , North Wang or Milawa complaining about this ...They have too much class ...You all sit there and write about the plights of Swanpool , Tatong, Benalla etc etc ..yet when one of these clubs gets off the mat looks ok and starts knocking off a few big scalps everyone starts looking for reasons why its happened ...rather than the fact that these clubs are well run .. Its obvious you blokes like being back yard bullies and feed off the fact that some clubs are struggling because it makes your club look soooooo strong but when one of these clubs get it right on and off the field you start looking for sooky lala reasons why its happening . It was great to see a club like Glenrowan who know one rated at Moyhu come out and belt them on the score board and apparently on the ground and send them back to Moyhu licking their wounds ....This surely gives hope to Darby , Gil , Val and Pigeon !!!!

I think most people are talking about how quickly glenrowan have turned it around. What's the old saying Rome wasn't built in a day!

Well glenrowan are proving that wrong.

And I will assure you that people at Moyhu did rate glenrowan and the players were told that all week but were beaten by a better side on the day!

To say its only moyhu people talking because they lost on the weekend is ridiculous. You only had to be at the glenrowan vs tatong game to hear the tatong boys having a fair bit to say in regards to a few things!

Not sure anyone from the Hoppers are complaining about the plights of the B & D and i agree the better clubs just get on with the job including Moyhu , not sure if no one rated Glenrowan at Moyhu but certianly it seems the players may have been guilty of a bit of complacency hopefully a good early wake up call. Good on Glenrowan better to be competative and winning games than getting 30 goal beltings like last year.

Rome wasn 't built in a day ...Yeah fair enough ...great advice Mate ...You better ring someone from Glenrowan and tell them to let a few players go because what has happened thus far is all too quick ....Maybe they should not be recruiting because we can't have them beating clubs like Moyhu after the beltings they had last year ...Its not sustainable ...So Glenrowan if you're listening best you let 10 players go ...fall back a fair bit because what you're doing isn't sustainable and happening to quick and we all think that the 30 plus goal defeats is much more sustainable .You cant have people like the above who really know how to run a football club telling you that its not sustainable .........

Anyway boys don't worry we will Glenrowan a Taste of their own medicine in that game under lights at the Wang Showies On Saturday Night Round 5 ...Come take a look at how a real Club does it !!!!!!!!

Anyway boys don't worry we will Glenrowan a Taste of their own medicine in that game under lights at the Wang Showies On Saturday Night Round 5 ...Come take a look at how a real Club does it !!!!!!!!

Hey Trooper you are a dead set flog. go play in traffic

What a lot of BS.......haha....just sour grapes, you dont happen to barrack for the mighty hoppers??

Dont know if it's BS...... mate just putting out there whats being said on a few seprate occasions around the community! But defanaitly no sour grapes, hope they do well win the grand final! be a fantastic effort, I just would think local players should be there target next couple years for longevity looking at the top sides over the years Whorouly, Moyhu, Miliwa, Tarra, and most recently Nth Wang seem to have some good local talant thats prepared to stick with the club and there mates? Dont get me wrong glenrowan could work but i've seen it before even made a granny and had half senior side vanish following year, I know what success i'd rather be part of.

Trooper I assume you're associated with Tarra, if so just check the club history and you'll find that not that long ago they were in the same situation that some clubs find themselves in now....The beauty of a league such as the O&K is that ANY club is just a pre season away from changing their fortunes. A bit of recruiting luck and off you go...

Dont know if it's BS...... mate just putting out there whats being said on a few seprate occasions around the community! But defanaitly no sour grapes, hope they do well win the grand final! be a fantastic effort, I just would think local players should be there target next couple years for longevity looking at the top sides over the years Whorouly, Moyhu, Miliwa, Tarra, and most recently Nth Wang seem to have some good local talant thats prepared to stick with the club and there mates? Dont get me wrong glenrowan could work but i've seen it before even made a granny and had half senior side vanish following year, I know what success i'd rather be part of.
Geez mate....you nearly said something positive....! I agree every club would rather have the whole team living in the same street as the oval, but for aslong as i remember, all teams have travellers.....look at KV, they mostly travel from Wang....oh but that travelling wouldnt count....the beauty about the G's side is that they are all mates and have connections with each other and i would go as far to say 80% are local from the district...as far as next year goes.....thats next year!!

Trooper I assume you're associated with Tarra, if so just check the club history and you'll find that not that long ago they were in the same situation that some clubs find themselves in now....The beauty of a league such as the O&K is that ANY club is just a pre season away from changing their fortunes. A bit of recruiting luck and off you go...

how are the boys going who have gone over to the saints slim? is any of them playing seniors? the game between north wang and tarrawingee i would of thought might of been a lot closer did anyone go to the game?

History suggests success runs in cycles.
For instance, in 1999 Greta won the flag & Tarra the wooden spoon. Move forward to 2008, Tarra won the flag & Greta the wooden spoon.
Occasionally there may be exceptions (as some have alluded to already) but on the whole this is how it works IMHO.

how are the boys going who have gone over to the saints slim? is any of them playing seniors? the game between north wang and tarrawingee i would of thought might of been a lot closer did anyone go to the game?

Nah GO, all playing 2's...Of the Blacks boys that went over I reckon only Mat Levy and Sam Creamer would make it into the 1's but neither has been able to play a game yet....Webby is doing well with Shep Bears playing snrs there..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back