Ovens and King Football League 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Glenrowan were far too good on the day for king valley. Glenrowan ran in numbers and knew exactly where the other was going to be. Very impressive for a team that has never played together before this season... According to last weeks paper Carroll is doubtful to slot into the team but who knows. But as discussed many times in this forum , not hard to buy a flag... I think it's definitely going to be out of milawa tarra or glenrowan. Wouldn't mind seeing tarra take it

I seem to remember those stakes may have been a bit high for you....anyway still 7 rds to go....:rolleyes:
You got me there mate :oops: Anyway, I still hope the panthers can snag a win or two.

Glenrowan are saying that they will bring Hately , Gladman , Carroll and Sussyer back into that side ???????
Are they are chance to win it ? Are Bright ? or is it just down to Milawa and Tarrawingee ??
Hately will only play if he can get fit in the next 3-4 weeks. Carroll is only a chance for one or two games at most, and I reckon Sussyer will only play if another ruck is injured/unavailable. Are they a chance - definitely, as is Bright. Milawa and Tarra are still the frontrunners, but not by as much as they were a week ago.

Yeah I dont reckon Hately , Sussyer or Carroll will play ....Tarra the Team to beat , Got this funny feeling Milawa may drop away .. Although still open I think - you can rule out The Valley , Moyhu , Whorouly and North Wang though .Bright have North Wang , Glenrowan , Tarrawingee and Milawa the next four weeks ,so we will see where they're at I suppose ..If they win 2 or 3 of them there in the mix definitely ....It would not surprise if they loose all 4 ..I wouldnt write Nth Wang off this week ...
One thing about Glenrowan I don't understand how they do it is ,,,,We have money to spend , good money and we've been therabouts at our Club from time to time and we still can't recruit players and get them committed and cant even find people to speak too but Glenrowan just keep on finding the players ...It just cant be the cash ...Its a bit like Tarrawingee , theyve done it as well...they just keep coming up with more players ..Just when you think Tarra and Glenrowan (knowing how hard it is to actually find live , real candidates this time of year -un-crontracted )can't come up with more .....They come up with more..How do they do it ??

Yeah I dont reckon Hately , Sussyer or Carroll will play ....Tarra the Team to beat , Got this funny feeling Milawa may drop away .. Although still open I think - you can rule out The Valley , Moyhu , Whorouly and North Wang though .Bright have North Wang , Glenrowan , Tarrawingee and Milawa the next four weeks ,so we will see where they're at I suppose ..If they win 2 or 3 of them there in the mix definitely ....It would not surprise if they loose all 4 ..I wouldnt write Nth Wang off this week ...
One thing about Glenrowan I don't understand how they do it is ,,,,We have money to spend , good money and we've been therabouts at our Club from time to time and we still can't recruit players and get them committed and cant even find people to speak too but Glenrowan just keep on finding the players ...It just cant be the cash ...Its a bit like Tarrawingee , theyve done it as well...they just keep coming up with more players ..Just when you think Tarra and Glenrowan (knowing how hard it is to actually find live , real candidates this time of year -un-crontracted )can't come up with more .....They come up with more..How do they do it ??

I think that's a question that everyone would love to know the answer to... Maybe it's just a case of not what you know but who you know...

Findlay to Tatong and O'Keefe playing up Nth again....Could severely hamper Nth Wang's flag chances if they have lost both of them...

Has the clearance gone through for Findlay slim? Last I saw was still pending. Talking to a guy last Friday night and he said that north wang have been hinting to Findlay that his time at the club was up for a while now, they finally dropped him from the team last Thursday night and he cracked the poos and went straight to tatong. O'keefe is a huge loss for north wang

Has the clearance gone through for Findlay slim? Last I saw was still pending. Talking to a guy last Friday night and he said that north wang have been hinting to Findlay that his time at the club was up for a while now, they finally dropped him from the team last Thursday night and he cracked the poos and went straight to tatong. O'keefe is a huge loss for north wang
Why Tatong? Does he have mates there?

Heard Finlay trained at Nth W last night and has been named in the two's for tomorrow

I heard that Findlay was dropped to the twos cos he doesn't train or is not very committed. Upon being dropped he cracked the shits and said he doesn't play twos, and was off. Thats the type of team mate you do not want at the club. I think Jamie has a bit more balls than the coach last year and needs to install some discipline if they are going to do anything. Good win by the valley last week, they are a bit bigger than Milawa, on a dry open day might be a different story, Glenrowan nearly dropped one they would have pencilled in, it is going to be an interesting last few rounds sorting out the top 4, i reckon Tarra are still the team to beat and in a pressure game would be able to knock of Glenrowan.

Also great to see Swannies get up and about over the last 4 weeks ...would be great if the Blacks win 1 or 2 by years end !
We have been playing some pretty consistent footy over the last few weeks. It helps when you can get a whole footy side of clearances in before the 30 of June. Had Greta last weekend and they were no good... the scoreboard does not reflect the match... we had 16 players out of our regular senior side and 3 more that were unavailable that have just been cleared, that should line up in the next few weeks. Training is our biggest issue, only getting a maximum of 10 makes our training drills difficult... to change it up lately we have been doing egg and spoon races, three legged races and sack races (in the shower after) its been a great bonding session for the boys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard that Findlay was dropped to the twos cos he doesn't train or is not very committed. Upon being dropped he cracked the shits and said he doesn't play twos, and was off. Thats the type of team mate you do not want at the club. I think Jamie has a bit more balls than the coach last year and needs to install some discipline if they are going to do anything. Good win by the valley last week, they are a bit bigger than Milawa, on a dry open day might be a different story, Glenrowan nearly dropped one they would have pencilled in, it is going to be an interesting last few rounds sorting out the top 4, i reckon Tarra are still the team to beat and in a pressure game would be able to knock of Glenrowan.

After seeing Tarra last week they are the best side we've played todate, closely followed by G/rowan..Apparently Tarra still have a few to come back in...Having said that we have Milawa this week so we'll see where they're at....Is B Newton having much of an impact, haven't heard much about him since he came back....

We have been playing some pretty consistent footy over the last few weeks. It helps when you can get a whole footy side of clearances in before the 30 of June. Had Greta last weekend and they were no good... the scoreboard does not reflect the match... we had 16 players out of our regular senior side and 3 more that were unavailable that have just been cleared, that should line up in the next few weeks. Training is our biggest issue, only getting a maximum of 10 makes our training drills difficult... to change it up lately we have been doing egg and spoon races, three legged races and sack races (in the shower after) its been a great bonding session for the boys

SS, heard a rumour that you were organising leap frog in the showers after games, any truth ?? ;)

SS, heard a rumour that you were organising leap frog in the showers after games, any truth ?? ;)
i did hear a rumour around Slim that a few of the boys were interested in leap frog at the club... i think it would be a good combination with the sack races... but i also heard that in your day when you played you were good at sliding into non existent holes... any truth to this rumour?? If so you are more than welcome out at Swanny ;)

Any news from today's matches. Did any of the former B&D clubs get within 20 goals of their opposition?

where will you be playing at and what is going to be the new name ?
Well we aren't 100% sure of this yet. It is looking like we might be playing at Tatong as they have received a grant from the government to refurbish their change rooms. I haven't heard of any names being thrown in the ring yet... But I am tipping it won't be far away as there isn't too much more of this season to go. I am unsure as to why the league is going to get us to merge and not throw All Blacks and Goorambat into the mix??

Well we aren't 100% sure of this yet. It is looking like we might be playing at Tatong as they have received a grant from the government to refurbish their change rooms. I haven't heard of any names being thrown in the ring yet... But I am tipping it won't be far away as there isn't too much more of this season to go. I am unsure as to why the league is going to get us to merge and not throw All Blacks and Goorambat into the mix??

If this happened the old tong swan would be a competitive side i would think .. bats have lodged to move to the picola league I have been told ?

Wow I think I have seen it all now. Reading in the border today and looking at the footballer of the year votes.

Moyhu has beaten swanpool by 41 goals on the weekend.
Looking at the votes it seems that swanpool have given votes to all their players and not one moyhu player. Or moyhu have been very generous in giving swanpool players votes!

Time to scap the footballer of the year I think if this is how clubs are going to vote!

What a joke!!!!

Wow I think I have seen it all now. Reading in the border today and looking at the footballer of the year votes.

Moyhu has beaten swanpool by 41 goals on the weekend.
Looking at the votes it seems that swanpool have given votes to all their players and not one moyhu player. Or moyhu have been very generous in giving swanpool players votes!

Time to scap the footballer of the year I think if this is how clubs are going to vote!

What a joke!!!!

Not the first time it's happened - Glenrowan did it often last year. Same thing with the KV vs Tatong game from the weekend as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back