Ovens and King Football League 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

I am unsure if i am in a footy forum or a netball forum the way you bitches are crying, complaining and sooking. Take your tampons out, go and iron your netball skirts and get back in the kitchen where you women belong.

I've read this thread with some interest because of the situation with a few of the clubs in the league and the fact that there could be some big changes made for next season, I was wondering if there are any mergers afoot, will those clubs involved do something to send themselves off in style, for the last game of the season ?.

The reason why I asked is that I was an old Fitzroy supporter, and the last Melbourne game against Richmond in 1996 was easily one of the most depressing moments I have witnessed in football (this was only made worse a week later when the club had its last game ever played 3000kms away from home in Perth against the Dockers, to their credit they did a great job in honouring the clubs 113 year history), and I was wondering since that we are nearing finals, would there be any gesture on behalf of the league or the clubs that are playing against the likes of Swanpool, Tatong, Goorambat, Benalla All Blacks, Bonnie Doon, etc, to recognize these clubs ?.

Even something as simple as the opposition forming a guard of honour after the game and clapping them off (like what the Dockers did when Fitzroy played their last game), because it seems that a few of these clubs mentioned will not be taking part in the league next season or if they are, not in their original form, and of course it's up to the clubs involved, but I think that it's a nice simple gesture to wish them farewell and good luck in the future.

I would like to know if this is a good idea ?, or is it just a load of bollocks from a sentimental fool ?, anyway I thought it was worth a mention and something worth considering.

I've read this thread with some interest because of the situation with a few of the clubs in the league and the fact that there could be some big changes made for next season, I was wondering if there are any mergers afoot, will those clubs involved do something to send themselves off in style, for the last game of the season ?.

The reason why I asked is that I was an old Fitzroy supporter, and the last Melbourne game against Richmond in 1996 was easily one of the most depressing moments I have witnessed in football (this was only made worse a week later when the club had its last game ever played 3000kms away from home in Perth against the Dockers, to their credit they did a great job in honouring the clubs 113 year history), and I was wondering since that we are nearing finals, would there be any gesture on behalf of the league or the clubs that are playing against the likes of Swanpool, Tatong, Goorambat, Benalla All Blacks, Bonnie Doon, etc, to recognize these clubs ?.

Even something as simple as the opposition forming a guard of honour after the game and clapping them off (like what the Dockers did when Fitzroy played their last game), because it seems that a few of these clubs mentioned will not be taking part in the league next season or if they are, not in their original form, and of course it's up to the clubs involved, but I think that it's a nice simple gesture to wish them farewell and good luck in the future.

I would like to know if this is a good idea ?, or is it just a load of bollocks from a sentimental fool ?, anyway I thought it was worth a mention and something worth considering.
Highly doubt it mate as none of these clubs are based in the Wang shire they wont even rate a mention perhaps the Ovens and King leauge should be renamed the Wangaratta Rural City leauge?

Surely the Benalla All Blacks shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Tatong, Goorambat and Swanpool. Yes, the Blacks are down this year, but they have been in the finals for the past 4 or 5 years. They've had a lot of departures and now they have a young list so basically if they can keep the core of that group together for the next couple of years and add a couple along the way they are at least a chance of climbing back up the ladder. The other ex B&D clubs however, have no chance of improving.

Surely the Benalla All Blacks shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Tatong, Goorambat and Swanpool. Yes, the Blacks are down this year, but they have been in the finals for the past 4 or 5 years. They've had a lot of departures and now they have a young list so basically if they can keep the core of that group together for the next couple of years and add a couple along the way they are at least a chance of climbing back up the ladder. The other ex B&D clubs however, have no chance of improving.

Coach reappointed, majority of the group sticking around,rumoured that some players returning and new ones on the radar, it's all systems go for the Blacks in 2014...

have heard the same thing slim the guys that all left are a purple circle of mates and love playing football with each other blacks 2014 looking up

I think the league is trying to tell us something. 4 weeks in a row we have not had umpires appointed, thats beyond a joke!!

I think the league is trying to tell us something. 4 weeks in a row we have not had umpires appointed, thats beyond a joke!!

The league actually doesn't appoint the umpires the umpire board does that. Not saying they may not have an influence but they don't do the appointing!!

Were you at the game Saturday magpie? If you were you would have seen two men in orange. So obviously nothing to do with the tongans! Think may have been looking at pidgeons Facebook page and took it off there. Looks very similar... :D disgruntled former player maybe now playing reserves at another club? ;D

How many times have you guys had to supply a central umpire this year TM, you appear to have got the rough end of the pineapple with umps....I think we've had to supply central umps for the snrs 3 times this year so far....one of those against you guys in rd 5...I know there's a shortage but O&M don't miss out

I think Greta have had to supply an umpire only once, maybe twice. While not perfect or equitable, this is no reflection on clubs but it wouldn't surprise me if the better standard games get the better umpires.

Have a look at KDFL- Longwood 0 wins and TDFL - Beechworth 1 win this season.....why are they only looking at the O&K to get rid of non successful clubs?
How about move Beechworth back to O&K and Longwood to O&K and have 16 teams so better reward for a top 8. Or split in to two divisions of 8 teams like the Picola DFL?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Greta have had to supply an umpire only once, maybe twice. While not perfect or equitable, this is no reflection on clubs but it wouldn't surprise me if the better standard games get the better umpires.
Yes but dont we all pay the same fee's so we should all get the same service. I understand there are better standard games but it is not like we are trying to sell TV rights to the games should it not be about sport participation more than holding up a certain standard I believe some in the O&K are getting ahead of themselves and judging by the last two interleague results it would suggest that that they are not as good as they may have believed?

BushFootyLover. I agree with everything you've said except your comment on the fees. Clubs receive an itemised bill from AFL North East Border for home games. If you've not been provided umpires on the day you're not charged for them.

BushFootyLover. I agree with everything you've said except your comment on the fees. Clubs receive an itemised bill from AFL North East Border for home games. If you've not been provided umpires on the day you're not charged for them.
Thankyou for clearing that up Bunyip always good to get the facts.

With the top 4 settled other than a minor re shuffle if Tarra roll G/rowan, I can't see any of the others in the 8 making the GF.. Nth Wang are struggling atm and could be beaten by Doon over there this week. Moyhu will have to bounce back hard against Whorouly to have any hope..
At this point I'd have to say it will be out of Tarra, Milawa and G/rowan....KV will be hoping the injuries they got Sat to Willo,Shunter and Sessions are only short term to have any hope...

Thoughts guys.....

Heard Milawa are full Strength ..How 's Tarra's Injury's ..Heard Glenrowan could have any where between 6-10 out this week against Tarra ..Resting them for finals ... they had 7 0r 8 last week that wont come back and are apparently resting the 2 Robinsons and Lochie Cohen who all went off injured last week

I have heard whispers of Karl Norman possibly switching to ovens and king league next year.... Could fill the coaching spot at north wang? He would fit in well out there!! Tarra and milawa grand final is still my tip, glenrowan still have every chance of making it to the big stage. KV could be a bit of an underdog provided they field there best team and play there best footy on the day, although without Williams and hunter on the paddock it could be a slog

Karl Norman to Beechworth with 4-5 mates with him at Rovers currently also heading out there is the mail I keep receiving regarding his playing future.

Groth the favourite to take out the baker medal but missing 4 games and having other players steal votes could hold him back, Nigel Robinson, Adam Williams and jaimon mcgeehan all there abouts and could be a very tight one. As always a few dark horses in jack stamp and Ryan Kent... Is anyone attending the count?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back