Ovens and King Football League 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Do u have anything of any intelligence to say??
Well no one else on hear does so why should I??if u want to snoop on other clubs business why don't you go to the meetings yourself??and secondly to everyone else on here that thinks that we all need to hear there opinion on the merger topic you might want to keep quiet and hope that this doesn't happen to your club in the future because you won't be getting any sympathy from any one of us.

Here's an Idea Goorambat, Swanpool & Tatong - GST United, add 10% to their score at the conclusion of the match

just give swanny and tatong a 50 point head start but even then they will still lose lol
clearly you blokes don't understand where these clubs are coming from if the review is based purely on senior football results which apparently it was why then did the criteria set out by the board for the clubs focus on facillitie upgrades finacial stability under 17 netball teams and to never have a percentage of under 20 which Tatong met all these and never forfited a game never finished last where refused juniors and spent considerable amounts of money into their facilities. Perhaps they should have spent that money on importing players

clearly you blokes don't understand where these clubs are coming from if the review is based purely on senior football results which apparently it was why then did the criteria set out by the board for the clubs focus on facillitie upgrades finacial stability under 17 netball teams and to never have a percentage of under 20 which Tatong met all these and never forfited a game never finished last where refused juniors and spent considerable amounts of money into their facilities. Perhaps they should have spent that money on importing players

bushfootylover you don't get it I am sure it is not just based on the seniors score
you might not have forfited a game . but the league has all your stats so how many time
did half your side play twice . and I am know clubs where willing to still play an official
seconds game regardless of how many player you had so they would still pick up a large percentage
and votes for there players . The league and the rest of the clubs are not willing to stand by and watch your clubs take the rest of the comp down the way it is . you have had 4 year to get it together and you are going backwards .So spent more time getting on with the merger then whinging or fold and have no footy at all

bushfootylover you don't get it I am sure it is not just based on the seniors score
you might not have forfited a game . but the league has all your stats so how many time
did half your side play twice . and I am know clubs where willing to still play an official
seconds game regardless of how many player you had so they would still pick up a large percentage
and votes for there players . The league and the rest of the clubs are not willing to stand by and watch your clubs take the rest of the comp down the way it is . you have had 4 year to get it together and you are going backwards .So spent more time getting on with the merger then whinging or fold and have no footy at all
I can't believe this thread! You blokes have a Grand Final this year? You do play to win a Grand Final in this comp don't you? Any f***en chance someone on here going to talk about the Grand Final, best players, goal kickers, how the game was played, how it was won, how it was lost, can't believe you blokes just go on about s**t & don't talk about the footy, is there someone on here that actually went to the Grand Final & give us a rap?

I can't believe this thread! You blokes have a Grand Final this year? You do play to win a Grand Final in this comp don't you? Any f***en chance someone on here going to talk about the Grand Final, best players, goal kickers, how the game was played, how it was won, how it was lost, can't believe you blokes just go on about s**t & don't talk about the footy, is there someone on here that actually went to the Grand Final & give us a rap?

Mate it was a bit of a "who cares " GF IMO and the league has far greater issues at the moment and that's what's being discussed.....If you want to read about the GF I'm sure Nonch could supply you with a copy of last weeks Chronicle..;)

Strong rumours suggesting that if the three teams end up merging, Jack Frampton of Tatong will take the reins as senior coach. Maybe not a bad ploy, young and would have a few connections from All Blacks and Saints days... What are peoples thoughts on this?

Mate it was a bit of a "who cares " GF IMO
Bit dismissive of what was a remarkable club effort at any level of sport. Six premierships from six contested deserves a very big "well done" to all involved, particularly Prez Trev and the Demon's committee.
The O & K's issues and their broader applicability to country football will be worked through however Milawa has demonstrated what can be achieved with good governance and community support.

I read in the Benalla paper today there is a meeting with council tonight regarding the merging clubs... WHEN WILL THEY GET IT??? Do they expect the council to wave a magic wand and make 60 new footballers appear in the area who actually want to play for these clubs... LET IT GO

I read in the Benalla paper today there is a meeting with council tonight regarding the merging clubs... WHEN WILL THEY GET IT??? Do they expect the council to wave a magic wand and make 60 new footballers appear in the area who actually want to play for these clubs... LET IT GO

where has the councillor that is asking for support for these clubs been all this time ,it has taken
till now for him to help out is he on there committee I dont think so
As for the 100 plus people that attended swanpool meeting where are half of them every saturday
they should have got behind the club when its counts through the year not now

when will tatong and swanpool pull there heads in and realize there a disgrace take the opportunity to still be in the league and wait for the exciting times ahead after this merger .

Justin King is the councillor going in to bat for the three teams. I mean good on him for trying but honestly - Benalla Councillors should STAY OUT OF IT! Stop meddling in the affairs of AFLGM. That's like John O'Donohue saying the AFLGM are going to ask the Benalla Councillors to hold off on raising the rates so the AFLGM can see what impact it will have on the community. Just stay out of it and let the AFLGM make the decisions! Business is business and if the three teams aren't pulling their weight then changes need to be made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Justin King is the councillor going in to bat for the three teams. I mean good on him for trying but honestly - Benalla Councillors should STAY OUT OF IT! Stop meddling in the affairs of AFLGM. That's like John O'Donohue saying the AFLGM are going to ask the Benalla Councillors to hold off on raising the rates so the AFLGM can see what impact it will have on the community. Just stay out of it and let the AFLGM make the decisions! Business is business and if the three teams aren't pulling their weight then changes need to be made.

Cr king was supposedly putting it before council last night...anyone attend or know the outcome.???

does anyone care I am over hearing it do these clubs have coaches
I'm over hearing from all of you peanuts on here.none of you have any idea what you are talking about when it comes to the merger or the Benalla community so here's something for you all.....bugger off and worry about your own backyards.

I'm over hearing from all of you peanuts on here.none of you have any idea what you are talking about when it comes to the merger or the Benalla community so here's something for you all.....bugger off and worry about your own backyards.

Strong rumour doing the rounds that one of the clubs has/will be putting forward a counter proposal that GBat and the Blacks merge and Swanny and Tat merge......So Showy if that was to happen we could become best buds...;):rolleyes:

Strong rumour doing the rounds that one of the clubs has/will be putting forward a counter proposal that GBat and the Blacks merge and Swanny and Tat merge......So Showy if that was to happen we could become best buds...;):rolleyes:
Hugely unfair on All Blacks. Have had one down year in the last 4-5 so they are wrongly bought in to all the goings on regarding the other clubs. Speaking to Swanpool representative, seems to think that Swanny will still have a stand alone team next year... Grandiose Delusions.

Hugely unfair on All Blacks. Have had one down year in the last 4-5 so they are wrongly bought in to all the goings on regarding the other clubs. Speaking to Swanpool representative, seems to think that Swanny will still have a stand alone team next year... Grandiose Delusions.

The only stand alone teams swanpool & tatong will have will be playing them self each week
because I am sure it wont be in the O&K

As an outsider this all looks like a huge mess. It dates back to the dissolving of Tungamah and Benalla Leagues, even before that the WarangaNE league. Too many clubs are folding while new houses are sprouting up in towns. It wouldn't be such a problem if new teams were taking their place but it appears that new clubs are not reappearing (only one I can think of is Bendigo's Strathfieldsaye - but they have lost their share of teams too!)

Benalla Bats and Tatong Swans would be better in maintaining identities than a three team crush. Hopefully then both sides can run a full quota of teams.

As an outsider this all looks like a huge mess. It dates back to the dissolving of Tungamah and Benalla Leagues, even before that the WarangaNE league. Too many clubs are folding while new houses are sprouting up in towns. It wouldn't be such a problem if new teams were taking their place but it appears that new clubs are not reappearing (only one I can think of is Bendigo's Strathfieldsaye - but they have lost their share of teams too!)

Benalla Bats and Tatong Swans would be better in maintaining identities than a three team crush. Hopefully then both sides can run a full quota of teams.

Perhaps back in 2005 when they had the chance, the could've done a bit better with Yea, Alex, Thornton and VT and merged them in with the BDFL clubs. Something back then with Longwood, Goorambat, Devonish, Tatong, Swanpool and Bonnie Doon (even maybe All Blacks) coulda seen a compromised competition developed and sustained instead of losing the two.

Agree though, something has to be done.

Perhaps back in 2005 when they had the chance, the could've done a bit better with Yea, Alex, Thornton and VT and merged them in with the BDFL clubs. Something back then with Longwood, Goorambat, Devonish, Tatong, Swanpool and Bonnie Doon (even maybe All Blacks) coulda seen a compromised competition developed and sustained instead of losing the two.

Agree though, something has to be done.

Great posts guys, the whole thing has has been a bit of a dogs breakfast over a lot of years...The O&K league (other than this episode) is very sound..The entire debacle at the moment is a lack of numbers paticipating and that's just not at a snr level..The BDJFL has been forced to adjust their top tier age group and align 2 under 14 and 2 under 16 teams with the WDJFL. The under 17 comp in the BDJFL this finished with only 2 Benalla sides and 1 Mansfield side' 10 years ago that age group had 6 sides.

Going forward this situation won't improve for a lot of years, if ever....The Benalla district has one of the biggest declines in participation and as a result of this you have the ebbs and flows of players moving from one club to another. In 2013 Benalla had to supply 4 O&K clubs and 1 GV club and the likes of Tungamah, VT etc who all pick at the numbers as well , all with a population of 10k ....Country footy has got some rather large issues over the coming years that really are going to need some close attention....Every one has a different solution but unless the blokes get active and breed a lot more male offspring that are born fully grown there is ni easy fix....

Great posts guys, the whole thing has has been a bit of a dogs breakfast over a lot of years...The O&K league (other than this episode) is very sound..The entire debacle at the moment is a lack of numbers paticipating and that's just not at a snr level..The BDJFL has been forced to adjust their top tier age group and align 2 under 14 and 2 under 16 teams with the WDJFL. The under 17 comp in the BDJFL this finished with only 2 Benalla sides and 1 Mansfield side' 10 years ago that age group had 6 sides.

Going forward this situation won't improve for a lot of years, if ever....The Benalla district has one of the biggest declines in participation and as a result of this you have the ebbs and flows of players moving from one club to another. In 2013 Benalla had to supply 4 O&K clubs and 1 GV club and the likes of Tungamah, VT etc who all pick at the numbers as well , all with a population of 10k ....Country footy has got some rather large issues over the coming years that really are going to need some close attention....Every one has a different solution but unless the blokes get active and breed a lot more male offspring that are born fully grown there is ni easy fix....

Well said Slim this is the issue the swans & tatong don't get .there is a decline in young people in country areas you just have to look at the schools that have closed and the one that are still open don't have the numbers they use to .
there has been major decline in junior football in victoria in the last 6 years or more .and because the AFL has focus of other states eg NSW -QLD thinking every things OK as VIC is a strong football state . They are now is starting to put more time & money into VIC ,But it has come to late to save some clubs . I don't think this will be the last to happen time this happens as you only have to look at the decline in WDJFL O&K junior football we have gone from most O&K club in the Wang area having junior side to just three & Bright pulling out through the year due to lack of numbers.
I think the AFL focus on country VIC has come too late. Are people running clubs now going to have the time & energy to keep there clubs running till thing change as it is going to take a lot of hard work to keep some other clubs from either merging or folding as a lot of older blokes start retire from football and not enough younger ones coming through to replace them.
Don't forget Wang Magpies & Rovers are also not over supplied with numbers there are a lot of week they are relying of blokes over 40 - 45 to help them fill the numbers in the reserves .
For the communities of Swanpool & Tatong I hope they start to realize this soon a start work on the merger to keep some football in there area

Here's the thing you don't get rat Goorambat Tatong and swanpool haven't forfeited games and have enough numbers to put two teams on the park everyweek so what has school closures got to do with it???and judging by your last post I'm starting to think it was your school that may have closed down

Here's the thing you don't get rat Goorambat Tatong and swanpool haven't forfeited games and have enough numbers to put two teams on the park everyweek so what has school closures got to do with it???and judging by your last post I'm starting to think it was your school that may have closed down
What a load of s**t show time, they don't have enough numbers !!! 4-6 blokes most weeks doubling up would be a more realistic estimate. And let's be honest, more than half the blokes running around in those twos sides wouldn't be a footballers arse hole. How many would train? How many would be under 120 kegs???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back