Ovens and King Football League 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

So we can asume Big boh that when the money runs out and the novelty wears off you will making the effort to come up and watch the Glenny boys ?
Slim may have been a harsh in his comment but if you did some research as you apparently have describing Glenrowan as having a "rich" history? , you would understand that Slim has done more than enough for his club perhaps without the ego and yes he does wear a G-banger not sure which way though.

So we can asume Big boh that when the money runs out and the novelty wears off you will making the effort to come up and watch the Glenny boys ?
Slim may have been a harsh in his comment but if you did some research as you apparently have describing Glenrowan as having a "rich" history? , you would understand that Slim has done more than enough for his club perhaps without the ego and yes he does wear a G-banger not sure which way though.

HANG ON A MINUTE THIS ALL GETTING A BIG ROUGH AND PERSONAL; ....SLIM 18 ...THE BLOKE THAT WHERE'S A G-STRING APPARENTLY BACK THE FRONT ..WHAT IS GOING ON DOWN THERE ..AT LEAST HIS NAME IS SLIM AND WOULDN'T LOOK TOO BAD AS HE MUST BE SLIM .... CHRIST IMAGINE IF HE WAS OVER WEIGHT ......LOOK SHOCKING ..ANYWAY THAT G-STRING BUSINESS COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE TRUE ...............COULD IT !?!?!??!?!??!. YOU BLOKES ARE ALL WORRYING ABOUT NOTHING ONLY ONE TEAM CAN WIN IT AND ALL I KNOW IS PREMIERSHIPS DON'T HAPPEN BY ACCIDENT . ANYWAY IM TIPPING A BIG TURN AROUND AT GRETA AND INSTALLING THEM EARLY PREMIERSHIP FAVOURITES .

AND BY THE WAY SLIMS GETTING ON HIS SOAP BIX IM EXPECTING HUGE THINGS OUT OF THE ALL BLACKS AS A BLOKE COULDNT GET ON THERE AND BE BAGGING EVERYONE WITHOUT SECRETLY PLANNING A MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT AT HIS CLUB ....IT COULDNT BE AN EXCUSE FOR POOR PERFORMANCE SURELY NOT .... !??!?! MAYBE WHAT THEYRE UPTO DOWN AT THE BLACKS IS PLANNING A BIG ASSAULT AND SPEND UP LIKE WHEN WAPLING WAS COACH , WHEN THEY PAID THE BIG MONEY , STOLE ALL GLENROWANS AND TUNGAMAHS PLAYERS AND FELL AWAY LIKE LITTLE TWIGS IN THE WIND IN THE FINALS ... YES THIS MUST BE WHAT SLIMS UPTO ... HAVE ANOTHER CRACK SLIM MAYBE THIS TIME IT MAY COME OFF ....I SUPPOSE THE RISK OF STUFFING IT UP AGAIN AND ENDING UP ON THE BOTTOM OF THE LADDER AGAIN IS A WORRY BUT DON'T LET THAT PUT YOU OFF SLIMMY BOY ....YOU JUST GOTTA BE A BIT SMARTER !!!!!!

HANG ON A MINUTE THIS ALL GETTING A BIG ROUGH AND PERSONAL; ....SLIM 18 ...THE BLOKE THAT WHERE'S A G-STRING APPARENTLY BACK THE FRONT ..WHAT IS GOING ON DOWN THERE ..AT LEAST HIS NAME IS SLIM AND WOULDN'T LOOK TOO BAD AS HE MUST BE SLIM .... CHRIST IMAGINE IF HE WAS OVER WEIGHT ......LOOK SHOCKING ..ANYWAY THAT G-STRING BUSINESS COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE TRUE ...............COULD IT !?!?!??!?!??!. YOU BLOKES ARE ALL WORRYING ABOUT NOTHING ONLY ONE TEAM CAN WIN IT AND ALL I KNOW IS PREMIERSHIPS DON'T HAPPEN BY ACCIDENT . ANYWAY IM TIPPING A BIG TURN AROUND AT GRETA AND INSTALLING THEM EARLY PREMIERSHIP FAVOURITES .

AND BY THE WAY SLIMS GETTING ON HIS SOAP BIX IM EXPECTING HUGE THINGS OUT OF THE ALL BLACKS AS A BLOKE COULDNT GET ON THERE AND BE BAGGING EVERYONE WITHOUT SECRETLY PLANNING A MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT AT HIS CLUB ....IT COULDNT BE AN EXCUSE FOR POOR PERFORMANCE SURELY NOT .... !??!?! MAYBE WHAT THEYRE UPTO DOWN AT THE BLACKS IS PLANNING A BIG ASSAULT AND SPEND UP LIKE WHEN WAPLING WAS COACH , WHEN THEY PAID THE BIG MONEY , STOLE ALL GLENROWANS AND TUNGAMAHS PLAYERS AND FELL AWAY LIKE LITTLE TWIGS IN THE WIND IN THE FINALS ... YES THIS MUST BE WHAT SLIMS UPTO ... HAVE ANOTHER CRACK SLIM MAYBE THIS TIME IT MAY COME OFF ....I SUPPOSE THE RISK OF STUFFING IT UP AGAIN AND ENDING UP ON THE BOTTOM OF THE LADDER AGAIN IS A WORRY BUT DON'T LET THAT PUT YOU OFF SLIMMY BOY ....YOU JUST GOTTA BE A BIT SMARTER !!!!!!

I know for a fact that's all blacks didn't pay massive money for the above players your talking about champ .. I could put up figures and let you do the maths if you wanted ???

$3000 in match payments and you would have money left over . as a estimate to field that same side these days It would cost 6 thousand plus I imagine

FranklinGWS, Greta as premiership favourites? Mate I appreciate your support & optimism. While I have a lot to do in the club recruiting isn't my forte. Others have much more local knowledge & understanding of the system than I. That said, it was obvious we'd fallen away significantly from previous years where we were at least competitive so by Round 8 we'd already set up a recruitment committee with years of experience who I know have been working flat out. So very early on the club set in place processes to avoid a repeat. Now it's a matter of hopefully things falling into place. So a premiership......I doubt it but definitely expect improvement.
We have a benefactor with a 5 star condominium on the Gold Coast that's spare over summer & a learjet parked in the back paddock as a sweetener!!!!

$3000 in match payments and you would have money left over . as a estimate to field that same side these days It would cost 6 thousand plus I imagine
Can be done. Look at barny inTDFL this year. Beat all the big spenders and took home a flag with majority of their team having played juniors at the club. Stop whinging about money and recruit smarter. Old clichè, but try recruit a champion team, not a team of champions. Stop stressing about the money factor because it will always be there. Just get on with sorting your own clubs out. Who gives a sh*t what other clubs are doin. Its out of your control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can be done. Look at barny inTDFL this year. Beat all the big spenders and took home a flag with majority of their team having played juniors at the club. Stop whinging about money and recruit smarter. Old clichè, but try recruit a champion team, not a team of champions. Stop stressing about the money factor because it will always be there. Just get on with sorting your own clubs out. Who gives a sh*t what other clubs are doin. Its out of your control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just simply stating that for benalla to have that side a few years ago they didn't spend ridiculous amounts like people above have stated ..

Thanks for all the advice guys, I've hopped down from my soap box, run my laps and turned my G-Banger around but it doesn't seem to have changed my opinion....My referral to Rod Strokers and Parasites wasn't directed at any particular club but merely an answer/opinion to a general question posed by Bunyip......Having seen it all before and the aftermath leaving towns without clubs because the local kids are the ones who generally miss out when clubs spend big........Remember guys, opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and the beauty of a democratic society is that everyone can have an opinion even if they're wrong...

News filtering through today that Wangaratta Rovers Utility and Assistant Coach Kyle Raven has been appointed senior coach of Tarrawingee for 2014

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greta mail wrong then , they must be getting frustrated anyone they could appoint internally Bunyip ?

Brent Nichols (not sure of spelling) coaching Greta is the mail I have. He should be good has captained the club and coached the reserves. Should have the respect of the current playing group but I guess we will see if he can recruit a few new faces as well.

Greta mail wrong then , they must be getting frustrated anyone they could appoint internally Bunyip ?
Nicko is probably the most respected player at our club. Represented the O&K last year. For a country footballer to rupture an ACL & come back within 12 months shows his determination & resolve. Has completed numerous coaching courses over the past two years & from all reports did an outstanding job as Reserves coach last year. The feelers have been out for a while for players but I'm hearing that Glenrowan have pretty much "fingered" everyone & muddied the waters with wads of cash. Makes it hard but time will tell I suppose. I'm hearing the recruitment team are working overtime though.

Hi, My name is Terry Mahoney.

Last night I was fortunate to be appointed senior coach of Bonnie Doon for 2014, with Daniel Godsmark as my assistant coach.

I have been senior coaching for the last 10 years, with most recently coaching Undera in the KDFL for 5 of the past 7 years.

Having met the president and a delegation of supporters and officials, I am very much looking forward to the role.

Hope to meet you along the journey. Having played the Benalla Night Series for a few years, I am aware of the great clubs and people in the O&K

Last night I was fortunate to be appointed senior coach of Bonnie Doon for 2014, with Daniel Godsmark as my assistant coach.

I have been senior coaching for the last 10 years, with most recently coaching Undera in the KDFL for 5 of the past 7 years.

Having met the president and a delegation of supporters and officials, I am very much looking forward to the role.

Hope to meet you along the journey. Having played the Benalla Night Series for a few years, I am aware of the great clubs and people in the O&K
Congrats Terry, welcome aboard.

Congrats Terry, let me know when the fish are on the bite .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back