Ovens and King Football League 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Also there has been an interesting trend in the o&k with coaches. From last year(2013) only from my memory Glenrowan, moyhu and benalla will have the same coaches. And all of those will only be in their second year at those clubs!

Most coaches would do it for 3-4 years. Is that time now changing to 1-2 years? Must make it difficult for clubs if they have to search for new coaches all the time!

I guess in some way it is a reflection on players as well. It is now a year to year thing of where they play.

I guess I must be still a bit old school in that I love the loyalty that footy brings or did bring. Times are changing but maybe not for the best!

Jamie bell to tarra is the mail I got today, anyone heard anything similar?
Doesn't surprise. Have lost count of how many people have told me that after the stellar year in 2012 North Wang are "behind the eight ball" financially. That's why I laughed when Karl Norman was supposedly linked to them late in the season. It would appear they can't afford Jamie Bell let alone Karl Norman.

Doesn't surprise. Have lost count of how many people have told me that after the stellar year in 2012 North Wang are "behind the eight ball" financially. That's why I laughed when Karl Norman was supposedly linked to them late in the season. It would appear they can't afford Jamie Bell let alone Karl Norman.

Karl is on a bucket load at Rovers and as a general rule, a player of his calibre, you're worth 5 or 6 grand more overall to go. Glenrowan are the only ones who can afford that and I can't see the money sticking around out there for much longer after this year. Karl is naturally going to be linked to North Wang because Jamie and Amanda are there.

Was talking to a bloke in Reed St last night, told me that the coaching job at NW may be a filled by the return of a recent coach....????

Was talking to a bloke in Reed St last night, told me that the coaching job at NW may be a filled by the return of a recent coach....????

Would doubt steer would do it again. Wally Lovett is umpiring now. Gary O'Keeffe?

I see Jamie Bell has left the sinking ship that is north wang.
Doesn't leave much left. Over the last year they have lost, steer, Patterson, baker, O'Keeffe. The ones leaving from this year, Findlay,Bihun,Scott,Duffy,ashworth,maskell and names like smith, Ben bell and Ashton may not be there in 2014!

I find it a massive shame that clubs can fall so quickly these days.

I heard from my old stomping ground that glenrowan have also signed Euroa player kasey Duncan for $800 a game and that's straight from the horses mouth

I heard from my old stomping ground that glenrowan have also signed Euroa player kasey Duncan for $800 a game and that's straight from the horses mouth

The money is way out of control!!
The league needs to look into this!
Beyond a joke now!

$800 per game for Kasey Duncan? Wowee, that's ambitious.
Anyway, I read that Tatong and Swanny have voted against a three way merge with Goorambat. Does this spell the end for the 3 clubs?

what a joke if all the above is true .. why bother showing up to play? They will end up like north wang with no one!!

Sources from the club tell me NW will be lucky to field a side next year. Also saying that rumours of no money are exactly that, but now that the rumour is out there, they can't get anyone to go there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard that Glenrowan are thinking about talking to Alan Didak and Simon Black who recently retired from the AFL, seems that recently approved council permits have come in at a nice time for Glenrowan!

This competition is turning into a joke, how hollow would a grand final victory be when you know that it has cost you well over a 100,000 must mean a lot to the club and its supporters that there is basically only one player (off the top of my head) Booth who has been around for more than one year in the ones.

I heard that Glenrowan are thinking about talking to Alan Didak and Simon Black who recently retired from the AFL, seems that recently approved council permits have come in at a nice time for Glenrowan!

This competition is turning into a joke, how hollow would a grand final victory be when you know that it has cost you well over a 100,000 must mean a lot to the club and its supporters that there is basically only one player (off the top of my head) Booth who has been around for more than one year in the ones.
Its been very well documented that Simon Black is now an assistant/line coach at Brisbane. I highly doubt that he would move to Victoria to play for Glenrowan. Let's get serious here.

Admittedly it's very early days but I recall discussions here late 2011/early 2012 with regard to North Wangs spending.
While we don't know what it cost them to win a flag in both grades last year, given the quality of players they enticed in such a short time it's fair to assume it cost them plenty. At the time we all questioned whether it would last. If the rumours are true it will be a shame & cost them more than $$$'s in the long run.

So aside from glenrowan and Tarra, any news on any of the other clubs picking up anyone handy? The whoroulys, the milawas, bright, king valley Greta and moyhu??

can some enlighten me on this situation with tatong goorambat swanpool .. my understanding swanny and tatong are not willing to merge with gbat and will sit the year out if there applications aren't granted?? so where would that leave goorambat no coach? Players?

can some enlighten me on this situation with tatong goorambat swanpool .. my understanding swanny and tatong are not willing to merge with gbat and will sit the year out if there applications aren't granted?? so where would that leave goorambat no coach? Players?

Gbat will be standing alone if the other 2 opt out. Gbat already have a coach and will by all accounts recruit reasonably well. If swanny and Tatong stand out or go into temporary recess they will find it extremely hard to fire up again as ppl will drift away and may not return so they are between a rock and a hard place atm..hopefully they can get something sorted and keep ppl involved...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back