Ovens and King Football League 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Gbat will be standing alone if the other 2 opt out. Gbat already have a coach and will by all accounts recruit reasonably well. If swanny and Tatong stand out or go into temporary recess they will find it extremely hard to fire up again as ppl will drift away and may not return so they are between a rock and a hard place atm..hopefully they can get something sorted and keep ppl involved...

Sorry guys a bit of misinformation there. A couple of hrs after posting that I found out that the guy who had commited pulled out and so have the blokes supposed to be coming with him.

If they were relying on Tatong and Swanpool for players then perhaps they could of started with a more even merger option than the one offered Tatong and Swanpool were never going to agree to the current option which is totally lopsideded in favour of Goorambat

Sorry guys a bit of misinformation there. A couple of hrs after posting that I found out that the guy who had commited pulled out and so have the blokes supposed to be coming with him.

Maybe he got out to Goorambat and realised how crap their facilities are, and got wind of the presidents history of shafting people and thought he might have been the next one to get shafted!

wasn't it all meant to have been sorted by now with answers as to what is going to happen? How much longer can or could it go on for till a decision is reached ?

wasn't it all meant to have been sorted by now with answers as to what is going to happen? How much longer can or could it go on for till a decision is reached ?

USTRALIAN RULES:- O&KL, Clubs against merge

Swanpool and Tatong football netball clubs have voted not to accept a proposed three-club merge with Goorambat.

The embattled district clubs held a joint meeting last Wednesday to formally discuss their final options after their appeals against the AFL North East Border Commission’s proposal were dismissed last week.

Tatong football netball club president Felicity Munro said the two clubs decided they did not want to be part of the consolidated club under the current proposal, a decision that would see them bow out of the Ovens and King Football Netball League in 2014.

Swanpool football netball club president Mary Brock said the club gave written notification of their decision to the AFL North East Border Commission last week and would now continue pursuing other options.

‘‘There are lots of little things that have resulted in it being not a successful or openly accepted recommendation,’’ Brock said.

‘‘The overall feeling is not to go ahead, and the players and supporters all understand the ramifications of that.’’

‘‘I’m not sure whether there are any avenues for legal action, but we’ll look into that as well.’’

Brock said the clubs would now explore other competitions such as AFL nines as an interim playing option, with the long-term aim of joining a different league as a two-club merged entity in 2015.

‘‘We need to make sure that we’re going to be strong enough and have everything put in place,’’ Brock said.

‘‘There is no use trying to rush in and trying to put your proposal forward in a short amount of time.’’

However, Munro said last week that if a satisfactory option of an equal three-club merge — with no leading agent — could be reached, then the clubs would reconsider consolidation.

I see in today's chronicle that Milawa have added Hamilton and Bennett from rovers. Hamilton will be a very good player in the O&K. Played a fair bit of senior footy over the last 5 seasons for the hawks. With Milawa and Glenrowans early signings they look to be the early favourites. Any news out of Moyhu, Whorouly or the valley? I heard a whisper sesho might be off to the tallangatta league now that he has handed in the coaching gig at the valley???

I can imagine there would be a few very sour feelings if sesho did leave valley, I heard they let him out of his 2 year deal as coach early

If sessio left that would be a dogs act. Bowing out to
spend more time with the family" is a legitimate reason, but shooting off after he promised everyone he would play next year is a low act. I know players at the valley and he is highly regarded and a fits in well up there I would be surprised if he left. Maybe if he did the club would pursue him for breach of contract, as leaving the club with false and deceitful reasons voids the release and the club would have a case to pursue him for costs, such as his payments over the next year / and or having to play for the valley or sit out. It would be very disappointing to see him change clubs.

How are the All Blacks shaping up? Looking to get any recruits from outside the Benalla region?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How are the All Blacks shaping up? Looking to get any recruits from outside the Benalla region?

Doggies I think Gil is still going to continue with the current group and try to top them up. I know he has spoken to a couple from out of town but the recruiting emphasis will be on young locals...plus a couple returning..

I heard from my old stomping ground that glenrowan have also signed Euroa player kasey Duncan for $800 a game and that's straight from the horses mouth

Just read on the ovens and Murray forum that Kasey Duncan has signed with raiders! Would doubt they would be paying more than Glenrowan!

Doggies I think Gil is still going to continue with the current group and try to top them up. I know he has spoken to a couple from out of town but the recruiting emphasis will be on young locals...plus a couple returning..
That's good to hear, there is a good crop of young kids down there at present. A few years under their belts and a few players topping up the list could see them return to finals footy.

How about those backflip brothers. Doing deals with clubs an then a week later signing else where. That says a lot about what sort blokes they are. No wonder the team they were controlling last year went backwards

picola league has welcomed tocumwal an have said they would be open to tatong an swanny into the league as either a merged club or two separate clubs providing they both can field a 3rds team

picola league has welcomed tocumwal an have said they would be open to tatong an swanny into the league as either a merged club or two separate clubs providing they both can field a 3rds team
On the thirds. Time to get rid of wjfl u16? Only have one div u14? O& k 3rds u17. Players turning 18 in2014 old enough for 1 and 2s.
Another option ! Mixed thirds of u17 and over 40. Maybe 22 per team , max 11 over 40? Need an extra interchange!
Played and umpired in good spirit. Ie no d@@@ h@@@@.
Maybe k.v greta ,g'rowan bright,who roily etc could all put up teams. Few d ads and sons?
Just a thought

Remove this Banner Ad

Back