Ovens and King Football League 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

On the thirds. Time to get rid of wjfl u16? Only have one div u14? O& k 3rds u17. Players turning 18 in2014 old enough for 1 and 2s.
Another option ! Mixed thirds of u17 and over 40. Maybe 22 per team , max 11 over 40? Need an extra interchange!
Played and umpired in good spirit. Ie no d@@@ h@@@@.
Maybe k.v greta ,g'rowan bright,who roily etc could all put up teams. Few d ads and sons?
Just a thought
I don't know many 17-year-olds who would think playing with guys 40+ would be fun.

On the thirds. Time to get rid of wjfl u16? Only have one div u14? O& k 3rds u17. Players turning 18 in2014 old enough for 1 and 2s.
Another option ! Mixed thirds of u17 and over 40. Maybe 22 per team , max 11 over 40? Need an extra interchange!
Maybe k.v greta ,g'rowan bright,who roily etc could all put up teams. Few d ads and sons?
Just a thought

First option I think could work really well! There needs to be a path way for the kids that don't play ovens and Murray!

Just a thought
yes an while we are at it lets say the over 40s are not aloud to tackle the u/17s or kick goals lol your comment is irrelevant to what I said

totally agree with you, us rational thinking people know that would never happen in the history of footy lol
Just maybe there have been a few 17-18 y.o playing with 38-39 y.o already! shock / horror. Maybe the young -uns thought those tubby slow old blokes were hard living 25 y.olds

picola league has welcomed tocumwal an have said they would be open to tatong an swanny into the league as either a merged club or two separate clubs providing they both can field a 3rds team
considering both clubs applied to get thirds into the o&k and were nocked back by the board at least in the Picola league every club gets a say in the running of the league

Just maybe there have been a few 17-18 y.o playing with 38-39 y.o already! shock / horror. Maybe the young -uns thought those tubby slow old blokes were hard living 25 y.olds
notice in today's paper ( chronicle i think) that WJFL expanding to take in benalla etc. Maybe some u16 WJFL games can be played as the curtain raiser where no 3rds. e.g kangas v tigres be played at both meetings of KV v g'rowan. And have kids from KV assigned to kangas etc? Swnpool/tatong have an u16 alligned club , so too blacks and bats. Clubs support these teams and free entry for parents etc?
So some U16 games played at the Barr etc , and selected games at O&K games each week.

Apparently Justin Williams is coaching goorambat. Been around the traps and won flags in the kdfl strong bodied player

Willo did a good job coaching Murchison for a few years before playing last season at Stanhope, when he took the job, Murchison were down in the doldrums, but he at least got murch to some respectability pretty quickly, although the seniors only made the finals once during his time at the club, he was a bit of a protector for a number of 3rds kids they had coming through the seniors, and a lot of the young blokes thrived under his leadership.

If Goorambat, have that core group of young players there and whatever he can bring down to the 'Bats, I think you'll at least be competitive.

Word is nth wang might have to join in the merger as well just to field a side, talk about a fall from grace
I wonder why Cheer Cheer...money that is being spent by clubs to "buy" a one off premiership is doing more bad than good!! It could never be sustained....I just have this awful feeling that it will happen again to another certain club who is spending up big to get a premiership!!
As mentioned by others in previous posts, the league has to do something about the spending that is going on by some clubs!

I wonder why Cheer Cheer...money that is being spent by clubs to "buy" a one off premiership is doing more bad than good!! It could never be sustained....I just have this awful feeling that it will happen again to another certain club who is spending up big to get a premiership!!
As mentioned by others in previous posts, the league has to do something about the spending that is going on by some clubs!
They are doing something rumble??they are getting rid of the clubs that aren't spending ridiculous amounts of money to strengthen up the comp!!i wonder what they are going to do when all of these big spending clubs go broke??maybe merge them all up???or ship them off to another league??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

officially confirmed tatong and swanpool join picola league ..

who officially told you this , wouldn't think anything has changed they would still need approval from NE AFL VIC and that won't happen . Swanpool & tatong living in fairy land , they were on ABC TV news the other night at there training run , there were more girls there then blokes, I think it was there President taking training and there wasn't more the 12 all together

who officially told you this , wouldn't think anything has changed they would still need approval from NE AFL VIC and that won't happen . Swanpool & tatong living in fairy land , they were on ABC TV news the other night at there training run , there were more girls there then blokes, I think it was there President taking training and there wasn't more the 12 all together

Yeah I saw that not the best look!

If sessio left that would be a dogs act. Bowing out to
spend more time with the family" is a legitimate reason, but shooting off after he promised everyone he would play next year is a low act. I know players at the valley and he is highly regarded and a fits in well up there I would be surprised if he left. Maybe if he did the club would pursue him for breach of contract, as leaving the club with false and deceitful reasons voids the release and the club would have a case to pursue him for costs, such as his payments over the next year / and or having to play for the valley or sit out. It would be very disappointing to see him change clubs.

Only rumours TD1, but I heard the asking price is $700 p/g and he has spoken to one Tallangatta league club in the last week...

Who are these top three people are talking about??
It's a long time from now till the start of the season for clubs to pick players up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back