Ovens and King Football League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Best you have another read of the article, the way I read it was the league said the catering had no impact on venue selection! And the liquor license excuse carrys no weight, it takes a single phone call to amend a date and venue.
You might want to check that POJ - have you ever tried to get a liquor licence?

Iam sure you have never applied for a liquor licence it can take up to four weeks to get a licence
you carn't ammend a licence over the phone
Mcmasters is a goose looking for an early reason if they loose this weekend as he normal reason they have half there best players injured Not like this its the first time its happen Are they going to change the venue every time to suit him no other club complains The League has never change a venue before cause it someone home ground. Whorouly had 4 less wins then Tarra yet if tarra loses they go straight out of the finals
Exactly right Ratpack. Before the Grand final was in Wang, most finals were played at either Tarra, Milawa and at times North Wang. There have been plenty of times that each of these clubs have been in finals over the years and the games were played at their respective home ground.

Been around o and k a long time and never heard of it happening. Pretty confident most people think the same as McMasters.(Just don't have to walk in his shoes.). The lack of common sense within the o and k board is continually astounding.
How long have you been around Brock? I know plenty of times that it has happened over the past 10-15 years. I was around Moyhu in the late 90's and early 2000's. I remember clearly that they played North Wang at North Wang in a final and am pretty certain Milawa played a final at home as well.
What about when the Grand Final was played at Tarrawingee for years on end? Was the league expected to change the venue just because Tarrawingee was in the Grand Final? I think not!

Was never an issue
How long have you been around Brock? I know plenty of times that it has happened over the past 10-15 years. I was around Moyhu in the late 90's and early 2000's. I remember clearly that they played North Wang at North Wang in a final and am pretty certain Milawa played a final at home as well.
What about when the Grand Final was played at Tarrawingee for years on end? Was the league expected to change the venue just because Tarrawingee was in the Grand Final? I think not!

Was never an issue apart from when the Long brothers turned up for one year! Doesn't matter now, game would be over. Who won?

Been around o and k a long time and never heard of it happening. Pretty confident most people think the same as McMasters.(Just don't have to walk in his shoes.). The lack of common sense within the o and k board is continually astounding.

Whats going to happen if Milawa play Tarra in the prelim are they going to change the venue again
the prelim has been played at Tarra for at least 30 years I sure tarra played in one or two there before
To me not a good sign from a coach focus on the venue there playing then getting his side up to play

The games need to be on Neutral grounds
I played in the o&k through the 90's when the longs were at Tarra and it did not happen
To use a grog licence as an excuse is poor as clubs all grounds have correct facilities and to apply for 1 date does not take 4 weeks

Exactly right Ratpack. Before the Grand final was in Wang, most finals were played at either Tarra, Milawa and at times North Wang. There have been plenty of times that each of these clubs have been in finals over the years and the games were played at their respective home ground.
When was the last time a club played a final on their home ground rumble?

Did anyone catch the last quarter of the Bright Bonnie Doon game today? Left at three quarter time and apparently James Love was taken away in an ambulance in the last term?

Did anyone catch the last quarter of the Bright Bonnie Doon game today? Left at three quarter time and apparently James Love was taken away in an ambulance in the last term?

Had concussion. Just precautionary. Rumours going round that tarra did 3 hamstrings on Saturday, including coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was standing on the wing and didn't look like much, i just thought he was looking for a rest! Taken away in a ambulance is a bit of a worry though.

I was standing on the wing and didn't look like much, i just thought he was looking for a rest! Taken away in a ambulance is a bit of a worry though.

I didn't see an ambulance, but that's not to say that it didn't arrive after the game had finished. It was odd - seemed to knock himself out diving for a mark. There was no contact with any other player from memory, so I assume his head hit the turf. I'd be surprised if he's not out there next game.

That ground is rock hard just like it is come finals time every year but they continue to get finals, don't rate the ground at all, and car parking is a concern with the extra netball court now

Except for the first 10 mins of the game Bright smashed them at the clearances and once the ball got outside their leg speed was to much for Boonie Doon. The score didn't really reflect how dominant Bright were, if Bright hadn't put the cue in the rack in the last quarter it could have been 90+ points. Tom Buckley best on for me, they couldn't find a match up for him all day and kicking 6 from centre half forward not bad work although the delivery was very good from the midfield. Number 24 from Bright did a great job on Godsmark hardly sighted until the last quarter when the horse was at the knackery! And yes the ground was rock hard, a bit of water on the Saturday wouldn't have done any harm.
Do Bright have a concussion policy?

This Week

Glenrowan Vs Milawa
Tarra Vs Bright

Whats everyone thinking ????

I reckon Glenrowan by 30 points and Tarra with 27 points

Sorry Tarra by 27 points ..Could be closer though if they have injuries .. Whorouly despite getting blown away early after 1/4 time just looked like they needed 1-2 strong forwards and they could have been closer ...

Ta
Sorry Tarra by 27 points ..Could be closer though if they have injuries .. Whorouly despite getting blown away early after 1/4 time just looked like they needed 1-2 strong forwards and they could have been closer ...
Tarra had plenty up their sleeve, had another gear
to go to if they needed to

Last edited:
Last time it happened in the Seniors was 2012, Benalla played in an elimination final at Friendlies.
2012 and 2013 I played Tarrawingee at Tarrawingee and Milawa at Milawa (in the twos, Prelim finals) but that doesn't really count.

Last edited:
I heard that north wang couldn't field a reserves team today and I saw that there seniors might as well of stayed at home surely they have to be cut from the league now for not being able to field two competitive teams and for bringing the league down a notch or two??they have set a precedent??
Highs and lows are what happens in country footy. We had something like 35 players leave this year (paid, unpaid, to other clubs, overseas). They didn't all go to the same place and some were offered better money elsewhere. The senior team this year consisted of 2 players from last year and the majority of the 2012 seconds premiership side. Never had a chance. Things can only move up from here though, next year should be a whole lot better. Also, may I remind you that we ended up with the same amount of Win/Loss as both Benalla and Goorambat (we beat both of them once), so if you're using us as an example wouldn't it be fair to say that all 3 clubs should be cut from the league?

Well surel
Highs and lows are what happens in country footy. We had something like 35 players leave this year (paid, unpaid, to other clubs, overseas). They didn't all go to the same place and some were offered better money elsewhere. The senior team this year consisted of 2 players from last year and the majority of the 2012 seconds premiership side. Never had a chance. Things can only move up from here though, next year should be a whole lot better. Also, may I remind you that we ended up with the same amount of Win/Loss as both Benalla and Goorambat (we beat both of them once), so if you're using us as an example wouldn't it be fair to say that all 3 clubs should be cut from the league?
Well surely things can't get any worse out there? Is next year going to be the start of something new for north wang? A sustainable north wang? Or are you going to break the bank again and try get a years worth of glory to a team of players who are going to jump ship when it starts to sink again!?

Well surel
Well surely things can't get any worse out there? Is next year going to be the start of something new for north wang? A sustainable north wang? Or are you going to break the bank again and try get a years worth of glory to a team of players who are going to jump ship when it starts to sink again!?
Wonder if that will be the case at Glenrowan as well? Especially if there is no glory this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back