Ovens and King Football League 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

$700 a game I'm told

This is the last time I will comment on individual player payments, but I think I made it very clear yesterday we aren't a club that can afford to just toss money around... As you all know, this site is like a massive game of chinese whispers. What comes out at the end (on here), is vastly different to how the discussion begins (the facts/reality)

This is the last time I will comment on individual player payments, but I think I made it very clear yesterday we aren't a club that can afford to just toss money around... As you all know, this site is like a massive game of chinese whispers. What comes out at the end (on here), is vastly different to how the discussion begins (the facts/reality)

More on here about chiltern than there is about O&K clubs

As you all know, this site is like a massive game of chinese whispers. What comes out at the end (on here), is vastly different to how the discussion begins (the facts/reality)
Not too sure if I agree with that - there are numerous predictions/gossip/innuendo on here that end up being genuine, it all depends on the track record of the individual making the prediction. And on top off all that when it come to player payments the people holding the purse-strings are almost the least reliable source of info.

Not too sure if I agree with that - there are numerous predictions/gossip/innuendo on here that end up being genuine, it all depends on the track record of the individual making the prediction. And on top off all that when it come to player payments the people holding the purse-strings are almost the least reliable source of info.

Your saying the people who know the facts are not a reliable source and the people who rely on gossip and rumors are the ones we should be listening to?

I know people don't like to divulge their identity on here, but I have to ask. Are you Donald Trump?????

With the players rumoured to be going to Chiltern do followers of the O&K expect them to be strong?

Newton - Best ruckman in regional footy. Could still dominate at O&M level.
Hooper - Most damaging player in the O&K (Not just my opinion I'm sure most on here would agree)
Roman - A gun attacking key defender. Would be huge an asset to any side
Southern - Strong consistent midfielder. Could still cut the mustard at O&M level (I think Myrtleford were after him too)
Allan - Solid wingman. Won't win a match on his own but works hard and would compliment a good side.
Don't think I've missed anyone?

Was also talking to a mate who called into the pub in Chiltern a few weeks back that a heap of locals who haven't played for a year or 2 are also back on board headlined by former Rovers player Trent Lappin. He said there was another Lappin in the names but didn't recognise the rest of names. A group of 3 brothers among them if that helps. I don't know what they were like last year or what their depth is like but on what they've picked up its hard to see them not being very strong

Hooper - Most damaging player in the O&K (Not just my opinion I'm sure most on here would agree)
Southern - Strong consistent midfielder. Could still cut the mustard at O&M level (I think Myrtleford were after him too)
Allan - Solid wingman. Won't win a match on his own but works hard and would compliment a good side.

Was also talking to a mate who called into the pub in Chiltern a few weeks back that a heap of locals who haven't played for a year or 2 are also back on board headlined by former Rovers player Trent Lappin. He said there was another Lappin in the names but didn't recognise the rest of names. A group of 3 brothers among them if that helps. I don't know what they were like last year or what their depth is like but on what they've picked up its hard to see them not being very strong
Thanks for that. They will get a good draw too because they were low on the ladder. I think it's a weighted draw in the Tallangatta League like it is in the Hume League.

Black whale obviously loves fishing. Never seen so much bait on one line in my life.
Where would a mud loving carp start?
Possible with the word "still"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think money has definitely ruined Country Footy but I still don't think it's fair to put down players rumored match payments on Big Footy. There's no comeback if it's wrong and a wrong figure can too easily be seen as fact.

Instead of people making comment etc on what players are being paid, just realise that loyalty in most cases these day is thin nowadays! Best of luck to Brent Newton and Chiltern, just shows what type of a bloke he is having so many quality players from many different clubs, defect and have a crack in a different league! I'm envious

Ollie Williams to Moyhu from Greta for $300 a game also.

Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact his cousins play there in jack and tom scott? Its a pretty tight knit family and i wont be surprised if max scott of glenrowan ends up there in the next few years

Sounds like moyhu has picked up a few,I'd suspect they would be itching to get back to playing finals footy. Anyone else heard anything on recruits?? Silly season almost over most players would wanna be getting back into training.

Rumour has it moyhu to play tarra at the norm minns oval under lights, not sure how true this is though

The draw has already been released. I dont think it was on there.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Your correct in that it wasnt on the draw but its my understanding that moyhu may be seeking an ex-AFL player to play that game and will want it to be played under lights

Tarra and Moyhu don't play until late may and it is Tarra's home game. And then don't play till rd 18, which would mean that so called afl player would have to be cleared to them for the second half of the year.

Tarra and Moyhu don't play until late may and it is Tarra's home game. And then don't play till rd 18, which would mean that so called afl player would have to be cleared to them for the second half of the year.
Is it possible to submit a clearance for a date that is past the cutoff?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back