Ovens & King football 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Goose of the week goes to Darcy Laffy’s dad. Even his son was telling him to shut up. I have to acknowledge that the Glenrowan players & officials were brilliant & everyone was genuinely concerned for Robbie’s welfare until this spud came in & started mouthing off about how long it was taking the Ambos to do their job. According to him the boy “only had a blood nose”. All this while Robbie was drifting in & out of consciousness being attended by Paramedics. The guy seems a very naive human being with little sense of occasion.

I know a few clubs were looking at chasing Laffy in the pre-season but were warned off because his father

Maybe they will . But I think strong action by the League is required also

I know he bailed up the league boss at the Interleague game and had a sook about something so must of just been a warm up for him.
It’s just a shame that parents in general think that have to step in on matters that don’t concern them.
But really what can the league and or Glenrowan do. If he has broken a law then go down that path. Do you want every club to have a photo of him and not let him in??

Ronny is abit of a character and pushes the boundaries of what is acceptable on occasions. Has he broken a law? Doesn't sound that way with what witnesses have said. However he should be pulled aside and put on notice by the footy club.
Footballs a passionate game and supporters can get a fraction over excited, but you cant over punish people on their first offence out in the O&K.

Ronny is abit of a character and pushes the boundaries of what is acceptable on occasions. Has he broken a law? Doesn't sound that way with what witnesses have said. However he should be pulled aside and put on notice by the footy club.
Footballs a passionate game and supporters can get a fraction over excited, but you cant over punish people on their first offence out in the O&K.

You've been pulled aside once or twice havent you gyv? May i ask what your infractions were?

The rules are abit tighter in town chief, anything I've done wouldnt even get blinked at O&K.
Of course, nothing untoward goes on at the in town clubs Gyv, not with their tighter rules

I’m not sure anything will come of the weekend, he wasn’t breaking any laws and thankfully it caused no harm to anyone. People will just think he is a knob but that’s prob all that will and perhaps should come of it.

More a point of supporters allowed to barrack abit harder in O&K. Something that has detracted from the atmosphere in town.
Think you hit the nail on the head NBM, most people know hes abit loose at times. But banning him would be draconian.

Of course, nothing untoward goes on at the in town clubs Gyv, not with their tighter rules

I’m not sure anything will come of the weekend, he wasn’t breaking any laws and thankfully it caused no harm to anyone. People will just think he is a knob but that’s prob all that will and perhaps should come of it.

It’s sad that nothing probably won’t happen about this incident.

Just glenrowan living up to there reputation of being a bunch of idiots.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bit harsh calling everyone at Glenrowan idiots! We all have a few different people at our clubs.

I agree all clubs have a few “different people”

But to have a supporter abuse a emergency service officer, after all the controversy going on in Melbourne about it and in the media, it wasn’t a smart move.

And glenrowan have had plenty more issues then any other club in the O&K in the past few years.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know he bailed up the league boss at the Interleague game and had a sook about something so must of just been a warm up for him.
It’s just a shame that parents in general think that have to step in on matters that don’t concern them.
But really what can the league and or Glenrowan do. If he has broken a law then go down that path. Do you want every club to have a photo of him and not let him in??
I sure abuse towards an paramedic would breach rules for a player, and if he was on the ground and not behind the fence I am sure a spectator can be investigated and charge by any League under AFL country Vic rules. we don't need dickhead like this at our games .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get your facts right bunyip and rat pack before you plaster bullshit and false innuendos on a forum. For a start he did not abuse any ambulance personnel, he came in and spoke to a Glenrowan supporter about how long it was taking. The Greta coach overheard it and harked up. Then Greta players overheard it and starting abusing him.he did not mean to offend anyone,but was just surprised how long it was taken to get the player in the ambulance,with more spectators around the injured player ,than the amount of players playing the game.he did not sook at the interleague game,he spoke to the league boss about the under 17,who lost by 200 points.he is a good person who has volunteered all his life to kids sports where most parents could not give a s**t.

Get your facts right bunyip and rat pack before you plaster bullshit and false innuendos on a forum. For a start he did not abuse any ambulance personnel, he came in and spoke to a Glenrowan supporter about how long it was taking. The Greta coach overheard it and harked up. Then Greta players overheard it and starting abusing him.he did not mean to offend anyone,but was just surprised how long it was taken to get the player in the ambulance,with more spectators around the injured player ,than the amount of players playing the game.he did not sook at the interleague game,he spoke to the league boss about the under 17,who lost by 200 points.he is a good person who has volunteered all his life to kids sports where most parents could not give a s**t.

Well considering the Greta coach was right next to the player and ambulance officers perhaps he should not have been anywhere near that area ‘asking’ the Glenrowan offical about anything.
Whether he abused, asked or commented etc is irrelevant, what sort of person thinks that ambulance officers should hurry up in spite of potential serious neck and head injuries to a player so they can ‘get on with the game’?

Again, I can’t speak highly enough of the Glenrowan players and coaching group who showed genuine concern for the player. It should also be mentioned that Greta’s captain agreed to play the game out despite being offered a draw and 2 points by the umpires despite being 52 pts down, a brilliant show of sportsmanship by Dube.

Read my post very very carefully my friend. I didn’t say he abused the Ambos. Apology accepted. His inappropriate comments weren’t overheard, he fronted Newy & the playing group & complained about the time it was taking to treat Robbie. Joe Bedendo ushered him away from the Greta players & officials.

Read my post very very carefully my friend. I didn’t say he abused the Ambos. Apology accepted. His inappropriate comments weren’t overheard, he fronted Newy & the playing group & complained about the time it was taking to treat Robbie. Joe Bedendo ushered him away from the Greta players & officials.[/

Im sure mr laffy will sit quietly in his car this week. Unless the bats get the better of the tiges. Maybe a fair punishment would be for him to field umpire the early game?

Who on earth has a winge about the time it takes to treat an injured player?

If he was racist/homophobic the club would be held responsible, and they should be here too.

To make any comment about how long it takes to treat an Injured player expressly an ambulance person doing there job ,you would have to be a dickhead. Just because you come and support you son each week has got nothing to do with it. and to defend him like he as done nothing wrong you are not far behind him too or have you just joined to defend yourself

To make any comment about how long it takes to treat an Injured player expressly an ambulance person doing there job ,you would have to be a dickhead. Just because you come and support you son each week has got nothing to do with it. and to defend him like he as done nothing wrong you are not far behind him too or have you just joined to defend yourself
Mr laffy might of said the wrong thing,but that gives you no right to print lies about the incident dickhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back