Ovens & Murray discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone who believes this was an innocent mistake I truely feel for you.

A clear and obvious breach that should have resulted in the premiership cup removed.

A 2 year old can keep track of a salary cap.

A basic excel spread sheet not to mention a treasurer with a functional brain can easily keep track of “outgoings” in player payments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody in the know able to shed some light on who Yarra were missing?
Got rolled by 70 odd points on the weekend. I know the Vafa is far superior but thought it might be a bit closer

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Got rolled by 70 odd points on the weekend. I know the Vafa is far superior but thought it might be a bit closer

Just can't read to much into practice matches. Players missing, coaches trialling different strategies, players in new positions etc etc. Nothing like the real deal of in season footy. I know it's good to try get a good gauge on how a side is shaping up but reality is most good sides drag off there best players with a quarter to go to avoid injury before round 1 which also helps skew results.

Sounded like on the radio Stevie J was pretty impressed with old Brighton and the way they played

I'd suggest they were out coached dan Donati one of the best coaches below AFL ranks for a long time, can't imagine that there would be that big of a gap in talent between the sides

Just can't read to much into practice matches. Players missing, coaches trialling different strategies, players in new positions etc etc. Nothing like the real deal of in season footy. I know it's good to try get a good gauge on how a side is shaping up but reality is most good sides drag off there best players with a quarter to go to avoid injury before round 1 which also helps skew results.

I get what your saying, but by the looks of that result Yarra were taking the absolute P155 then. I just thought it would be closer

Lavi Wodonga this week will be huge, massive for both clubs battling it out for 5th.

Who has everyone got? I think dogs have a little more talent but Schnider man will out smart the dogs coach & get a win

I think Lavi too. More than comfortable saying they could push for top 3 this year

Any thoughts on rovers, now I won't get shot for asking the question. I think if they aren't 100% all in they're a real danger of missing the 5. Could the Hughes drama cause unrest? Anyone know if any other recruits came with him?

Any thoughts on rovers, now I won't get shot for asking the question. I think if they aren't 100% all in they're a real danger of missing the 5. Could the Hughes drama cause unrest? Anyone know if any other recruits came with him?
Wont miss the 5 but there will be a juggle each week points wise, Hughes will leave a small hole but will be filled accordingly

As I was there watching, think Yarra were missing 5-6 players but old Brighton had 7 u19s playing with one of them kicking 9. First quarter was competitive with OB taking their opportunities. It was a good game good intensity etc for 2 and a half qtrs but with such a big lead both teams put the que in the rack a bit. OB were quick and slick with their ball movement. Wouldn't be writing off Yarra though.

As I was there watching, think Yarra were missing 5-6 players but old Brighton had 7 u19s playing with one of them kicking 9. First quarter was competitive with OB taking their opportunities. It was a good game good intensity etc for 2 and a half qtrs but with such a big lead both teams put the que in the rack a bit. OB were quick and slick with their ball movement. Wouldn't be writing off Yarra though.

Don’t think anybody is writing off Yarra. It’s theirs to lose in my opinion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back