Solved Pages reloading and other janky behaviour recently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Some ad is making the site almost unusable.
Get screenshots, send them to support@bigfooty.com with your device and browser details.

Try the site on a different device and/or browser and see if you get the same issue. Include those details in your email, too.

If you know how to, get the HTML code or tag for the ad, send it along, too. That helps narrow down the specific ad.

I think I have fixed this issue.

As suspected it was a setting in our ad account that should not have been switched on. I suspect we ran a test and it was never switched off.

Same Old El Paso ad constantly crashing my bowser the last few days.

Last edited:

What browser and device? What is the effect? Screen freezes? Whole browser shuts down?

Chrome.

Desktop.

The browser flashes and resets to the top of the screen when ever I try to scroll the mouse, the ad just takes over and I can't scroll at all. Then freezes every few seconds.

It's just that specific add that's the problem.

• Admin
Chrome.

Desktop.

The browser flashes and resets to the top of the screen when ever I try to scroll the mouse, the ad just takes over and I can't scroll at all. Then freezes every few seconds.

Yeah that's a known issue. It should be fixed but it never stays that way.

I'm still seeing issues with random refreshing and shrinking pages due to unloaded and empty placeholder boxes where the ads should be.

• Admin
I'm still seeing issues with random refreshing and shrinking pages due to unloaded and
Yeah it is the same for me, but not as frequent. Happens more in high traffic times.

empty placeholder boxes where the ads should be.
That will happen sometimes.

Chrome.

Desktop.

Yeah I'm seeing this with one of those charity ads. Page loads, then the ad appears and takes up the screen, and Bigfooty can't be scrolled. Just flashes back up to the top over and over.

Today I saw something different where the ad took up the whole screen and Bigfooty was squashed into a tiny panel on the very right hand side.....

• Admin
Yeah I'm seeing this with one of those charity ads. Page loads, then the ad appears and takes up the screen, and Bigfooty can't be scrolled. Just flashes back up to the top over and over.

Today I saw something different where the ad took up the whole screen and Bigfooty was squashed into a tiny panel on the very right hand side.....
Can you get screenshots so we can block those?

Also, browser? Device? O/S?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chief

Having issues posting, reacting and pages loading when I click on them. Keep getting error messages when I do:

Wind up having to click on then reload the page to get through.
Experiencing The same issue on my Android phone and also my Google Chrome browser. I have to keep reloading and usually takes about 3 to 4 reloads before the website page displays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back