Painting miniatures, terrain and scenery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Still lots of tidying up to do but near enough's good enough. Washes and highlights should fix up the white bits missed in the fur.

These Reaper minis really aren’t that crash hot but this one was fun to do.

434407A6-6FA7-4C7C-8C48-BADA1C2404F4.jpeg

Last edited:

What glue does everyone use for their Warhammer 40k models?

Turns out the glue in my shed is no good
Zap A Gap.

Don't buy anything else than the small as no matter how careful you are, you'll destroy the tip.

You can use by shoving a needle in the side when the top hardens, which I actually prefer as you have more control of a needle when glueing arms, legs etc

I found rivell(?), the blue one, didn't glue GW plastic for some reason
f3e4506badffb1d33eb6db93b9c7e29b.jpg

pkfsMhX.jpg

8TzBP7T.jpg

Zh4KVlV.jpg

Mantic Giant, going to be a Colossal Giant in my Ogre army for Kings of War

HtpQpiU.jpg
wNycOkU.jpg
XawOpje.jpg

With the alternate parts, magnets and pins.

It's 18cm tall and $35 right now at Games Empire in case you're wondering, this is it between the $260 FW Bonegrinder Gargant and the the $83 GW Chaos Gargant

IMG_0321.JPG

Last edited:
pkfsMhX.jpg

8TzBP7T.jpg

Zh4KVlV.jpg

Mantic Giant, going to be a Colossal Giant in my Ogre army for Kings of War

HtpQpiU.jpg
wNycOkU.jpg
XawOpje.jpg

With the alternate parts, magnets and pins
This is one of the best you’ve shown us. Looks great.

Cheers, there's a hobby shop down the road so I'll geavmb some today
Zap A Gap.

Don't buy anything else than the small as no matter how careful you are, you'll destroy the tip.

You can use by shoving a needle in the side when the top hardens, which I actually prefer as you have more control of a needle when glueing arms, legs etc

I found rivell(?), the blue one, didn't glue GW plastic for some reason
f3e4506badffb1d33eb6db93b9c7e29b.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First two models done (not counting the one I butchered trying a different colour scheme). I used the wrong shade on the face but apart from that pretty happy.View attachment 649023View attachment 649024
Had to go with the Ultramarine scheme

*Shakes head*

Note - I also painted Ultramarines when I first started when I was a teenager. Blue is the easiest colour to paint hence why GW market the Smurfs so much

Had to go with the Ultramarine scheme

*Shakes head*

Note - I also painted Ultramarines when I first started when I was a teenager. Blue is the easiest colour to paint hence why GW market the Smurfs so much
Most of the starter packs are geared towards Ultramarines and Deathguard so that's where I'm starting, will move onto something else eventually.

hornetswce

I bought these at Dean's art supplies in the CBD for about $2 each.

Definitely not the worst brushes I've used. Doubt they'll last but if you want a cheap brush, I'd recommend
e07ec5fd175ccd5b195799c9bc2956ff.jpg
If you have seen Sam Lenz's YouTube vids, he often says he buys cheap nylon brushes in bulk. He would just throw them out after every mini :)

hornetswce

I bought these at Dean's art supplies in the CBD for about $2 each.

Definitely not the worst brushes I've used. Doubt they'll last but if you want a cheap brush, I'd recommend
e07ec5fd175ccd5b195799c9bc2956ff.jpg
Cheers, I ended up picking some cheap ones up from Bunnings. They are starting to go though but I've painted 12 miniatures. Not bad for $2 each.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back