Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 29, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Bombers, SA Spurs, Browns and Eels
Fellow Devils,

What do we reckon the F/S rule will be for local Tasmanian clubs?

In the past when the teams were starting up, West Coast and Fremantle could select the sons of WAFL players who played 150 games at particular clubs.

The same for Port Adelaide and Adelaide with father's playing 200 games for certain clubs from SANFL teams.

We don't know what the State League will look like in Tasmania yet obviously. But I've got a feeling that the rules might be a bit looser. Possibly for kids who's parents 100 games for any club in Tasmania with in a certain league. As well as any children of Tasmanian football HoFers

Your thoughts?

Fellow Devils,

What do we reckon the F/S rule will be for local Tasmanian clubs?

In the past when the teams were starting up, West Coast and Fremantle could select the sons of WAFL players who played 150 games at particular clubs.

The same for Port Adelaide and Adelaide with father's playing 200 games for certain clubs from SANFL teams.

We don't know what the State League will look like in Tasmania yet obviously. But I've got a feeling that the rules might be a bit looser. Possibly for kids who's parents 100 games for any club in Tasmania with in a certain league. As well as any children of Tasmanian football HoFers

Your thoughts?
Isn't it any son/daughter of a Tasmanian that's played 100 AFL games atm?

Pretty sure it’s been floated that the team will have access to any child of a Tasmanian who has played 100 AFL games.

I.e Nick Riewoldt’s children would be able to play for the Saints or Tassie and Jack’s children would be able to play for Richmond or Tassie.

Seems like a disadvantage though, as a lot of Tasmanian players stay in other states after their career.
So the kid would likely just pick the other team their father played for.
It's not like other states had to contend with that 50/50

I reckon a lot of those kids would play for Tas and be part of history. Just imagine being a part of the first ever AFL tas side. I'm sure blokes like Jack Callinan would want to be part of that.

Hoping for something very generous from the AFL in this regard. We don't have huge representation on AFL lists so we are disadvantaged straight up. Then given that sons/daughters might want to play for the club the parent played for we might get even fewer choices.

Would also like to see any Tasmanian have the right to choose our side, much like a F-S does these days.

Surely if you dad/mum played for a Tassie club first before going to the mainland and then did the x amount of games to qualify, it will let us bid for those. Say, J Riewoldt kid has 2 father sons open to him.

Think we will have an academy set up before our first match to encourage us to get in cheap local talent.

Surely if you dad/mum played for a Tassie club first before going to the mainland and then did the x amount of games to qualify, it will let us bid for those. Say, J Riewoldt kid has 2 father sons open to him.

Think we will have an academy set up before our first match to encourage us to get in cheap local talent.
Jacks son is available. That’s already been confirmed.

Given how many Tassie player moved early to play interstate I would suggest any playe who played any game at representative level for Tassie (or as a Tassie player for the alliance) should get F/S.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back