Paul Roos - not the messiah - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

We have sacrificed potential wins to get games into younger players. In the long run this will be hugely beneficial. Had we won 4 or 5 games I'd say no it wasn't beneficial but to nearly make finals I can accept.

Sure, he will get some credit. But the foundations laid by Roos will always be hanging over his head and be a talking point with any success Goodwin gets IMO.
Goodwin has been the primary offensive coach this season. A large part of the turnaround in our ability to score can be attributed to him.

Getting Melbourne back into flag contention would be a significant achievement and that job is far from done. As we saw on the weekend, young or not, there are still some hurdles to overcome. From next season they will be Goodwin's hurdles.

A lot of people seem to have forgotten how much of a basket case not a few years ago for half a decade. Far worse than Brisbane now, and destroying high draft picks careers. The list is completely different 3 years later. Melbourne are a good side now, and will play finals next year.

Sure, he will get some credit. But the foundations laid by Roos will always be hanging over his head and be a talking point with any success Goodwin gets IMO.

I don't think so. Roos set up the Swans for their 2012 flag, but no one holds that against Longmire, and it was Longmire's second year as senior coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back