Unsolved Paul Virgona - Croydon football coach executed on Monash Freeway

Remove this Banner Ad

I was saddened by this. I played footy with Paul and was friends with his brother Marc, went to school with both of them.

Drifted apart after school, but always thought fondly of both of them.

Very sad for the family.

Last edited:
Maybe, maybe not. Depends where they first started following him - May have been from work on prior days.

Not like it hasn't happened before, remember Jane Thurgood Dove? She had two men on her and they targeted the wrong woman. It was terrible. Her kids were in the car when one of them chased her around it in the driveway and shot her dead.

Nobody ever held to account for it.

Not like it hasn't happened before, remember Jane Thurgood Dove? She had two men on her and they targeted the wrong woman. It was terrible. Her kids were in the car when one of them chased her around it in the driveway and shot her dead.

Nobody ever held to account for it.

I remember reading about that a few years back and the writer said that there is apparently a “shortage” of professional hitmen in Australia. Hence these things get contracted out to deadshits and/or drug addicts - and that’s when things happen like Jane Thurgood Dove.

I remember reading about that a few years back and the writer said that there is apparently a “shortage” of professional hitmen in Australia. Hence these things get contracted out to deadshits and/or drug addicts - and that’s when things happen like Jane Thurgood Dove.

Give it time, this economy is headed back toward it's "glory" days of the 80's, or worse. That's when it'll get real bad, crime wise. There was no shortage of good hitmen in the 80s. Even if half of them were cops.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting to see suggestions of mistaken identity.

He had zero criminal record and wasn’t known to police.

Clean skin 🥴
Give it time, this economy is headed back toward it's "glory" days of the 80's, or worse. That's when it'll get real bad, crime wise. There was no shortage of good hitmen in the 80s. Even if half of them were cops.

Haha nope will be worse as the drugs are stronger and the wealth some of these sectors has is huge , you didn’t have gangster rap 😉 .
Happens when people think their above the law and the law don’t even law .

Last edited:
Sly on 3AW with his hot take on why this couldn't have been a case of mistaken identity and goes on to claim a level of professionalism and planning in the killers using cars they had previously stolen. Which is also exactly what Jane Thurgood Dove's killers did before they shot the wrong woman.

Then he really did say:

“Everybody’s worried about a motive — at this point I don’t think the police are too worried about a motive.”

Yeah those losers who killed Jane are both dead.

Why is there no media coverage on this ? Been two weeks now and still unsolved ...

There was a 2 page article about it in today's sun. Suggests that the criminals left dna behind on the second stolen car they had to dump in Bayswater and that they were likely going to torch it like they did with the first stolen car they dumped. They had a fake plate for the Amarok that matched a real Amarok that was for sale so there was definitely a high level of planning.

Cast doubt at the likelihood of mistaken identity as the killers were aware of the victims movements (commutes to work at 2am on Sat mornings) which makes sense because the amount of regular commuters and/or potential real targets on Eastlink at 2am would be no more than a handful.

Still so bizarre. I would of thought if it was a case of mistaken identity , the family would be in the media pleading for this to be solved ..which they are not. I want to see some cctv of the cars in eastlink , but Why won’t the release more details ?? Strangest case I can remember for quite some time.

Still so bizarre. I would of thought if it was a case of mistaken identity , the family would be in the media pleading for this to be solved ..which they are not. I want to see some cctv of the cars in eastlink , but Why won’t the release more details ?? Strangest case I can remember for quite some time.

Details of the cars used have been released and police have appealed for cctv / dash cam footage of both vehicles used (Mercedes c class, stolen & burnt out,Amarok dumped on scoresby rd after a police chase).

You won't see any cctv footage when the investigation is ongoing, that is standard procedure.

Details of the cars used have been released and police have appealed for cctv / dash cam footage of both vehicles used (Mercedes c class, stolen & burnt out,Amarok dumped on scoresby rd after a police chase).

You won't see any cctv footage when the investigation is ongoing, that is standard procedure.

How do you get away from police in an Amarok? Were the police in a Daewoo Lanos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back