Kenneth Smith To Be Executed By Nitrogen Gas in Alabama, USA

Remove this Banner Ad

Simplistic argument.

Being above them is not killing them. It says that our governing powers set a standard that’s vengeful and behaves in the same way as them, by killing.

Again, innocent people executed shows that it’s flawed. Justice wasn’t served at all, justice is saying you’ll live inside forever and you’ll be working to produce something to society. You’ve got to think more laterally, not just the basic eye for an eye rubbish.

It's not a complicated argument.

They are the scum of the earth and we don't need them to be left sitting around as a reminder of what they did.

Some cases guilt is never in doubt.
It's for those cases it can be applied.

Working to produce something for society?

They aren't producing anything society needs. They are costing society every day they are left alive.

I think very laterally.

It's why I've come to the conclusion finishing them off is the best outcome for society.

They are the scum of the earth and we don't need them to be left sitting around as a reminder of what they did.

They aren't producing anything society needs. They are costing society every day they are left alive.

I think very laterally.

It's why I've come to the conclusion finishing them off is the best outcome for society.
You’re not thinking laterally at all. There’s a free workforce right there. Implementation of positive and negative reinforcement to produce goods etc. Simple. Societal benefit.

Are they scum of the earth? You’re looking at one case, there’s a lot of people in there that have committed drug or gang related offences, products of their upbringing etc. Some are genuinely bad, others haven’t even pulled a trigger yet have been executed.

You say some cases never in doubt, yet those in doubt have been treated with a punishment which is the same as those with a cut and dry case. It’s flawed, we’ve seen it. You can’t excuse executing one or two innocents for the sake of 20-30 who are 100% guilty. It’s just a poor standard.

It is complicated, and only a simpleton would suggest it isn’t with the basic responses such as yours.

I think very laterally.

Great society that you want to create . Using torture to kill someone when they could be working on a prison farm contributing to society.
That nitrogen death made me sick in the guts.
How you treat criminals and old people is a reflection on your society and America is a sick society . That's why they vote in big numbers for trump and allow 18yo's to buy machine guns designed to kill masses of people.

Great society that you want to create . Using torture to kill someone when they could be working on a prison farm contributing to society.
How you treat criminals and old people is a reflection on your society and America is a sick society . That's why they vote in big numbers for trump and allow 18yo's to buy machine guns designed to kill masses of people.

The fact you think working on a prison farm is contributing to society is laughable.

Shows how your sick brain works that you throw old people in with criminals to try and make your point. What about criminals who rape or kill old people? Give them a job growing spuds as their punishment?

People like you are THE worst kind of people when it comes to protecting innocent people from the s**t in society. Your soft underbelly precludes you from doing anything and everything useful that needs to be done to protect people and remove the threats.

The fact you think working on a prison farm is contributing to society is laughable.

Shows how your sick brain works that you throw old people in with criminals to try and make your point. What about criminals who rape or kill old people? Give them a job growing spuds as their punishment?

People like you are THE worst kind of people when it comes to protecting innocent people from the s**t in society. Your soft underbelly precludes you from doing anything and everything useful that needs to be done to protect people and remove the threats.
Hi what a joke of a poster you are. The thread is about Nitrogen execution not about your lust for revenge and bloodlust

Using the term prison farm was a metaphor for essentially a labour camp. It could be any type of work unit. They could be doing all sorts of work. You’ve got a wasted society sitting in prisons literally doing nothing. You’re using FREE LABOUR. Your concept of economics must be basic given that you can’t equate free labour and production of goods as a social benefit.

Protecting innocent people? It’s called an investment in mental health and education. It’s a product of government to create better standards, I am not saying punishment aren’t worthy, they are, you don’t do what Smith did and get a slap on the wrist. You spend the rest of your life incarcerated and, in my opinion, working by using labour to assist society.

Your views are typical and totally counter productive. Sure, we can wait 25 years to strap someone down and gas them whilst they do nothing for a quarter of a century, or, we can work them 30 hours a week or whatever and use them to assist with producing goods and products to benefit society. Look at Texas alone, there is about 190 inmates on death row. They currently sit there do not much. That’s one state.

Do you realise there are more people unemployed in the United States than have a tertiary education? Let that sink in. You talk about the cost of keeping people alive, what about the cost to society through having people not contributing to the workforce? You probably also think Donald Trump should be reelected.

Alabama inmate executed with nitrogen gas was ‘shaking violently’, witnesses say
White House calls death of Kenneth Smith, executed via untested method lawyers say was cruel and unusual, ‘very troubling’

..the prisoner’s lawyers had argued amounted to a form of cruel and unusual punishment banned under the US constitution.

The execution took about 22 minutes.

Alabama claimed that the new nitrogen gas method was “perhaps the most humane method of execution ever devised”. But eyewitness statements from reporters present in the death chamber suggested that Smith’s death was anything but humane.

Marty Roney of the Montgomery Advertiser reported that between 7.57pm local time and 8.01pm, “Smith writhed and convulsed on the gurney. He took deep breaths, his body shaking violently with his eyes rolling in the back of his head.”

Roney’s report continued: “Smith clenched his fists, his legs shook … He seemed to be gasping for air. The gurney shook several times.”

The Rev Jeff Hood, Smith’s spiritual adviser, was at Smith’s side for the execution, and said prison officials in the room “were visibly surprised at how bad this thing went”.

“What we saw was minutes of someone struggling for their life,” Hood said.

Using the term prison farm was a metaphor for essentially a labour camp. It could be any type of work unit. They could be doing all sorts of work. You’ve got a wasted society sitting in prisons literally doing nothing. You’re using FREE LABOUR. Your concept of economics must be basic given that you can’t equate free labour and production of goods as a social benefit.

Protecting innocent people? It’s called an investment in mental health and education. It’s a product of government to create better standards, I am not saying punishment aren’t worthy, they are, you don’t do what Smith did and get a slap on the wrist. You spend the rest of your life incarcerated and, in my opinion, working by using labour to assist society.

Your views are typical and totally counter productive. Sure, we can wait 25 years to strap someone down and gas them whilst they do nothing for a quarter of a century, or, we can work them 30 hours a week or whatever and use them to assist with producing goods and products to benefit society. Look at Texas alone, there is about 190 inmates on death row. They currently sit there do not much. That’s one state.

Do you realise there are more people unemployed in the United States than have a tertiary education? Let that sink in. You talk about the cost of keeping people alive, what about the cost to society through having people not contributing to the workforce? You probably also think Donald Trump should be reelected.
No reason why inmates shouldn't work while on death row.

Alabama inmate executed with nitrogen gas was ‘shaking violently’, witnesses say
White House calls death of Kenneth Smith, executed via untested method lawyers say was cruel and unusual, ‘very troubling’

..the prisoner’s lawyers had argued amounted to a form of cruel and unusual punishment banned under the US constitution.

The execution took about 22 minutes.

Alabama claimed that the new nitrogen gas method was “perhaps the most humane method of execution ever devised”. But eyewitness statements from reporters present in the death chamber suggested that Smith’s death was anything but humane.

Marty Roney of the Montgomery Advertiser reported that between 7.57pm local time and 8.01pm, “Smith writhed and convulsed on the gurney. He took deep breaths, his body shaking violently with his eyes rolling in the back of his head.”

Roney’s report continued: “Smith clenched his fists, his legs shook … He seemed to be gasping for air. The gurney shook several times.”

The Rev Jeff Hood, Smith’s spiritual adviser, was at Smith’s side for the execution, and said prison officials in the room “were visibly surprised at how bad this thing went”.

“What we saw was minutes of someone struggling for their life,” Hood said.

It was a disaster. I don’t know why these states don’t revert to a very straight forward method like shooting them. If they want to execute people. Anything is better than this. Basically if you look at these executions, lethal injection included, you’ll note the time the execution starts and finishes. It’s normally a good 15-20 minutes. So that’s how long it takes for the ECG to flatline or a doctor to announce time of death. We’ve no idea what’s going on in that time.

There is literally no federal or state investigation into any of these executions that seemed botched or even excessive in duration. We simply always hear that they went to plan or were ‘normal’. Do we care? Yes, because when you potentially put an innocent person to death you’d at least want to do it quickly.

This execution did not go well. There’s also a documentary out there called ‘14 days in May’ detailing the execution of Edward Earl Johnson. Executed in the gas chamber. Basically it’s been proven he wasn’t guilty and they gassed an innocent person. So I think as a society 37 years later we owe it to people to execute them very swiftly if we are going to do it. Just remember, gassing is how the nazis dealt with Jews. 42 years after the war America was still gassing people.

Human beings have not progressed much.

What's wrong with you?

We're talking about something that has nothing to do with politics and here you are throwing Trump's name into the conversation.

You're either triggered a lot by him or very weird.

If I lived over there I'd very much enjoy not being compelled for anyone when they are only offering up s**t options.

And then comparing dole bludgers to killers is another weird ramble.

It's not "free" labour when they cost you hundreds of thousands of $ each year to contain the violent animals.

What a fail in basic economics.

It was a disaster. I don’t know why these states don’t revert to a very straight forward method like shooting them. If they want to execute people. Anything is better than this. Basically if you look at these executions, lethal injection included, you’ll note the time the execution starts and finishes. It’s normally a good 15-20 minutes. So that’s how long it takes for the ECG to flatline or a doctor to announce time of death. We’ve no idea what’s going on in that time.

There is literally no federal or state investigation into any of these executions that seemed botched or even excessive in duration. We simply always hear that they went to plan or were ‘normal’. Do we care? Yes, because when you potentially put an innocent person to death you’d at least want to do it quickly.

This execution did not go well. There’s also a documentary out there called ‘14 days in May’ detailing the execution of Edward Earl Johnson. Executed in the gas chamber. Basically it’s been proven he wasn’t guilty and they gassed an innocent person. So I think as a society 37 years later we owe it to people to execute them very swiftly if we are going to do it. Just remember, gassing is how the nazis dealt with Jews. 42 years after the war America was still gassing people.

Human beings have not progressed much.
It's a sign of a sick society. Firing squad is much more humane like you say.

Last edited:

Render them unconscious under anaesthesia then drown them.

Even better than shooting.

Render them unconscious under anaesthesia then drown them.

Even better than shooting.
Or don’t kill them?

Haven’t we seen the attempts to render them unconscious via lethal injection in a three drug protocol? Doesn’t seem like to work if the anaesthetic fails which it can do with collapsing veins from inexperienced ‘technicians’. Or, injecting into muscle as opposed to veins. Basic mistakes that are regularly made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's wrong with you?

We're talking about something that has nothing to do with politics and here you are throwing Trump's name into the conversation.

You're either triggered a lot by him or very weird.

If I lived over there I'd very much enjoy not being compelled for anyone when they are only offering up s**t options.

And then comparing dole bludgers to killers is another weird ramble.

It's not "free" labour when they cost you hundreds of thousands of $ each year to contain the violent animals.

What a fail in basic economics.
No worries, then let’s execute them all including the ones that are potentially innocent? It’s a societal cost, paying for prisons and offenders. You might as well get a return to offset the outgoings.

A fail in basic economics is not my issue. It also incredibly political. Are you one of these types that always says ‘don’t make this about politics?’ When politics is always involved?

Last edited:
No worries, then let’s execute them all including the ones that are potentially innocent? It’s a societal cost, paying for prisons and offenders. You might as well get a return to offset the outgoings.

A fail in basic economics is not my issue.

Has anyone said they don't get due process before it gets to the execution point?

You do realise there are crimes out there where there is not a single doubt that they commited the heinous act they are accused of?

It's those cases where the death penalty can be dealt with swiftly to delete them.

Or don’t kill them?

Haven’t we seen the attempts to render them unconscious via lethal injection in a three drug protocol? Doesn’t seem like to work if the anaesthetic fails which it can do with collapsing veins from inexperienced ‘technicians’. Or, injecting into muscle as opposed to veins. Basic mistakes that are regularly made.

That's why you get an experienced qualified anaesthesiologist to do it.

Do you hear of those issues happening all the time in hospitals?

Has anyone said they don't get due process before it gets to the execution point?

You do realise there are crimes out there where there is not a single doubt that they commited the heinous act they are accused of?

It's those cases where the death penalty can be dealt with swiftly to delete them.
Yes. But it never is done swiftly. Is it? They’ll last maybe 20 years on death row. Anthony Shore, the tourniquet killer, spent 14 years on death row. Honestly, if you’ll wait that long you might as well put him to work. Retrieve something for the cost of his imprisonment. There’s the debate whether it’s right for the state to kill, my opinion is no. Work them offer a positive and negative reinforcement approach to their lives.

A while ago there was a documentary called how to kill a human being. The best way to kill someone is an altitude chamber. A Low oxygen environment where blood is taken from the body or the body not exposed to it. Gradually what’ll happen is that you’ll end up with a dizzy drunk sensation that’ll end up killing you from oxygen starvation.

Watch from about 37 minutes on.

Now, what it is ironic is that if you keep watching you’ll see a professor discussing nitrogen hypoxia. Inhaling pure nitrogen. Unconscious within seconds and dead in minutes. But, is this what happened to Smith? Or did they botch it?

I'm afraid you are wrong about dying in seconds, think about how long a person can hold their breath. There is enough O2 in your lungs/circulation to last a few minutes before passing out from hypoxia. There is no way nitrogen kills you in seconds, it's killing you in this setting by gradual suffocation, not direct toxicity. They didn't botch it, that is how it works.

I'm afraid you are wrong about dying in seconds, think about how long a person can hold their breath. There is enough O2 in your lungs/circulation to last a few minutes before passing out from hypoxia. There is no way nitrogen kills you in seconds, it's killing you in this setting by gradual suffocation, not direct toxicity. They didn't botch it, that is how it works.
I didn’t say you’d die in seconds.

You can't expect a doctor to act as executioner or be party to it.

You can't make the act of ending a human life clean and humane. Even if I developed a method by which the sentenced person orgasms to death they will thrash around, legs shaking and making all sorts of sounds. It will appear as suffering to someone.

I find it interesting that innocent human life being ended in barbaric fashion is walked right past to complain about guilty human life being ended in clean and respectful ways.

But it's a function of society, we are rich so we look for means to make everything better - it's a good part of our world. If/when the time ramps up trouble or pressure is applied all of that goes out the window, the mercy and empathy for monsters falls off the end of the bed first.

Quite literally in this case because if the US enters martial law the local commander is instructed to conscript all non life or death row inmates into their battalion and immediately execute all the prisoners serving life or on death row by firing squad. They will march them out and then drag their corpse over to the hole, hopefully. The alternative is that they are marched to the edge of the hole where they can see the bodies of those who were just in the hallway in front of them and shot into it.

There's no clean way of ending a human life.

I don't believe the brain picks up the nitrogen pushing out the oxygen and CO2, most of your breathing mechanisms are regulated by the brain detecting CO2 levels in you. If that is pushed out you should be fine. Sedate the person first.

What if they were your child?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back