Solved Zoologist Adam Britton pleads guilty to dozens of charges incl bestiality & torture rape of pet dogs - NT

Remove this Banner Ad

In the most extreme cases like this, where the person is a very obvious psychopath that will not change, I'd rather that than them living out their lives in relative comfort.
You'd never get it though, even for a case like this.

We can't even put people away indefinitely for rape + murder.

It just baffles me as to why the penalties are so low in several states (including Victoria, shock horror :rolleyesv1:) especially in comparison to Tasmania.

Yeah the victims are not human beings, but this is a civilized society we live in and this kind of behaviour is completely unacceptable. The potential term in prison should reflect this.

*fwiw I think I read somewhere he will be sentenced in December.
True, so so true

View attachment 1816618
How very unfortunate to not only be his wife, but the guy whose video got plonked in with such a story. What an amateur organisation lol.
I feel sorry for Erin, really sweet lady who is so intelligent in her own right and has a genuine love for reptiles, which was a genuine attraction to Adam. What an absolute shitfight for her and her parents, really good people.

I feel sorry for Erin, really sweet lady who is so intelligent in her own right and has a genuine love for reptiles, which was a genuine attraction to Adam. What an absolute shitfight for her and her parents, really good people.
Just another victim in all this. You can be as critical as you want and ask her why she didn't know anything. But when you think of all the serial killers who led "perfectly normal" lives with wives, kids etc and the neighbours who would say "he was the best guy ever, he would not hurt a fly", well it kinda shows you, you can really never know anyone.

This dude is much worse than the media is letting on, apparently. Reading those texts makes part of me wish an asteroid hits this Earth and just ends us as a species.
I've never been an advocate for prisoners being exposed to violence while they serve their sentences... after reading those texts.
Game on. Go for your ****ing life. :madv1:

No ***ing excuse, why don't you go get help for your sick disgusting private lives, instead of acting on it.

Absolutely, he was scientifically brilliant, but dumb as a box of hammers at times. He was terrible to camp with, just had no idea of reality and how to survive in the bush.
Quoting myself here.

to give you an idea of how useless he was out bush…

in the photo, he’s supposed to be protecting me while I’m collecting eggs. The clown was too busy watching eggs, and not protecting my arse like old mate is.

ill
Croc_0003.jpeg

Quoting myself here.

to give you an idea of how useless he was out bush…

in the photo, he’s supposed to be protecting me while I’m collecting eggs. The clown was too busy watching eggs, and not protecting my arse like old mate is.

ill
View attachment 1820086

Oh yeh he looks a bit kind of vague. So you're in the red shirt?

He was posting this content on the dark web so there are other sick people that enjoy this type of behaviour. Hopefully the police can track any Australians
That are viewing his material and put them on a watch list.

Apparently some of the other sicko's were so disgusted, that they essentially put his video's where he was likely to get caught.
That was how they caught him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF!! I've never heard of this before. Can't look at the bad stuff or I'll never sleep again. Let's hope we don't hear of him having escalated to humans.

Man I remember when the initial description of the video found itself online, genuinely one of the most disgusting and disturbing things I’ve read.

There was a subreddit about it and a redditor was able to notify police of the eventual suspect through a wristband in a video.

His identity was well known before eventually he was charged and named, check out the Instagram comments on the photos on his page.

Disgusting man who should get life in prison not the pissweak sentence he’ll likely get.

This guy was supposed to be sentenced already, but there's been a delay.

Chief Justice Grant questioned how any psychiatric evidence could possibly reduce Britton's moral culpability for his actions.

"A serial killer can't say, for example, 'My moral culpability is reduced because I suffer from psychopathy'," Chief Justice Grant said.

I just can’t believe 3 years is the max. Like there’s animal neglect and lack of understanding of care required - these cases when they get to public eye are often met with social media outrage, without understanding how common mental health disorders leading to hoarding are (most organisations try alternatives to prosecution in these cases though). These are genuine health issues, and a 1-2 year sentence would only be used as a last resort.

Compared to a systematic, prolonged period of multiple torture & sexual abuse cases, in someone who has background in biology and able to take care of other animals…you’re telling me he only gets a slightly longer period than these ill hoarders? I mean, he’s definitely ill, in that he’s sick in the head, but he’s well aware what he was doing was wrong (hence hiding it) and he went out of his way to procure more victims.

The NT needs to change these laws tomorrow. Not every animal cruelty case requires a life sentence but this one 100% deserves it and you can only hope if he does get 3 years (plus whatever not enough sentence for the CSAM) that someone introduces his head to a weight plate in the mean time.
Yep agree the laws need to be changed. lock him up and throw away the key. A disturbed sicko who’s behaviour was no doubt going to escalate whether towards innocent animals or/and people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back