Russell Brand faces allegations of rape, sexual assaults & abuse

Remove this Banner Ad

Good.

There's always been a huge power imbalance in the relationships I've seen between very young girls and much older men, not only that but the male's have had the history of predatory and exploitative behaviour across the board.

Bill Wyman and Mandy Smith from back in the day.

Never really liked the guy, not that I don't like dirty jokes, just never really found him funny.. reminds me of a mildly amusing interview I heard years ago with actual comedian Tim Heidecker:

Never really liked the guy, not that I don't like dirty jokes, just never really found him funny.. reminds me of a mildly amusing interview I heard years ago with actual comedian Tim Heidecker:

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

This is SO FUNNY! Never heard heard of Tim before now, about to go searching for more material. What a legend!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure I've ever been less surprised.

UK comedian Russell Brand facing New York City lawsuit alleging sexual assault on set of 2011 rom-com Arthur​

According to the lawsuit, Mr Brand was visibly intoxicated during the production and exposed his genitalia to the plaintiff as he sat at a table staring at her, "openly and obviously in the presence of everyone on set," including film studio employees who allegedly treated his behaviour as acceptable.

Afterward, the complaint has alleged, Mr Brand followed the woman into a restroom, where he again pulled down his pants. He then allegedly shoved her into a stall and forced her to perform a sexual act on him, all while a production crew member allegedly stood directly outside as if to guard the door.

UK comedian Russell Brand facing further sexual assault allegations in New York lawsuit

Being a sleazy little repugnant tool was his whole schtick though wasn't it? I'd be more inclined to go after the BBC & Warner for underwriting him for so many years.

Not sure I've ever been less surprised.

UK comedian Russell Brand facing New York City lawsuit alleging sexual assault on set of 2011 rom-com Arthur​

According to the lawsuit, Mr Brand was visibly intoxicated during the production and exposed his genitalia to the plaintiff as he sat at a table staring at her, "openly and obviously in the presence of everyone on set," including film studio employees who allegedly treated his behaviour as acceptable.

Afterward, the complaint has alleged, Mr Brand followed the woman into a restroom, where he again pulled down his pants. He then allegedly shoved her into a stall and forced her to perform a sexual act on him, all while a production crew member allegedly stood directly outside as if to guard the door.

UK comedian Russell Brand facing further sexual assault allegations in New York lawsuit
Only thing surprising is that he got away with it for so long before it's become public.

Only thing surprising is that he got away with it for so long before it's become public.

Not really, a lot of other prominent figures got away with their abuse for ages before it finally came to light.
eg Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby, Rolf Harris etc

Me too movement has kicked over a lot of rocks and exposed people who got away with things for far too long

Cheap prop for a bad taste party.
:tearsofjoy:

Nice!

Reminds me of Stewart Lee's Content Provider tour. He constructed the set from stand-up comedy DVDs purchased on Ebay as they were "the cheapest building material he could find"!!!

There are probably many, many uses for Russell Brand DVDs!

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

British comedian Russell Brand questioned by police over further sexual assault allegations​

British actor-comedian Russell Brand has been questioned for a second time by police investigating sexual assault allegations, according to British media reports. Brand was interviewed under caution last week over six "non-recent" allegations, the Press Association news agency reported.

He was previously questioned by police in November over three other claims.

Comedian Russell Brand questioned by police over further sexual assault allegations

There is a cultural issue around this.

Brand after all was a transgressive lefty. He was promiscuous, a user of women, and not shy about it.

And he was celebrated for it.

“Hahaha, how funny? Recovering drug addict and current sex addict. What a legend.”

Turns out some of his conquests may not have enjoyed it as much as him.

Maybe a wide spread reflection in our standards as a society is in order?

Also, yeah, I’m open to this being a hit job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back