Current Well known alleged rapist’s identity suppressed

Remove this Banner Ad

A high-profile Melbourne identity is charged with rape, but his identity is suppressed for now due to mental health concerns.

High-profile Melbourne identity is charged with rape

Could make a guess but won’t. Expect rumours are swirling regardless.

I have no idea who this might be. Who in their 60s is partying big and getting in to altercations on drugs and alcohol? Viagara?

A well-known Melbourne man aged in his 60s, who is often seen with sports and entertainment stars, has been charged with rape.

The man was arrested at his home on March 24 after a woman alleged she was sexually assaulted, the court heard.

His barrister, Dermot Dann KC, said there had been 'drug (and) alcohol use' that night, and that the alleged victim claimed she was injured by his client during 'a physical altercation'.

The man was later charged with two counts of rape, one of sexual assault and one of attempted rape.

From your link.

Any mental health concerns for the alleged victim?

:mad:

You'd hope that would be the only concern, but being Australia, the high-profile accused will have their media/business/political/powerful mates circle the wagons around them, George Pell/Alan Jones style.

Meanwhile if the victim/s expose/s their identity voluntarily (or is exposed involuntarily) they'll be put through the wringer.

I wonder at what point victim-blaming will rear its head in the narrative... ☹

I had no idea a certain person had a double-barrel surname until I saw the link to Magistrate's court

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back