Police commissioner son in SA dies in alleged hit and run

Remove this Banner Ad

Flog111

Debutant
Jul 6, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not sure if this has been created. Allegedly a car has run over the SA police commissioners son during schoolies break in victor harbor.

The drivers (1) female passenger his girlfriend states the police commissioners son ran in front of the vehicle and he accidentally struck him.

The police commissioners son had 3 friends with him at the time making it four people. They state that they flagged the car down asked for a lift and there was not enough room in the car. They allege the car later does a u turn and drives into the police commissioners son killing him.

Admin please delete if not allowed.

Not sure if this has been created. Allegedly a car has run over the SA police commissioners son during schoolies break in victor harbor.

The drivers (1) female passenger his girlfriend states the police commissioners son ran in front of the vehicle and he accidentally struck him.

The police commissioners son had 3 friends with him at the time making it four people. They state that they flagged the car down asked for a lift and there was not enough room in the car. They allege the car later does a u turn and drives into the police commissioners son killing him.

Admin please delete if not allowed.

It's fine. Thanks, I meant to open a thread on this and got distracted.

It’s before the courts.
It’s all speculation at the moment as to what truly happend. It would be hard to believe the commissioners
Sons friends are lying.

If this man has purposely ran him over I think he’s in for a world of trouble. But innocent until proven guilty.

It’s before the courts.
It’s all speculation at the moment as to what truly happend. It would be hard to believe the commissioners
Sons friends are lying.

If this man has purposely ran him over I think he’s in for a world of trouble. But innocent until proven guilty.

Was this the Commissioner who recently died?

His son died. Was run over.

Must have been someone else I was thinking of. Very sad.

The man who allegedly killed the son of South Australia’s top police officer by hitting him with his car has been released on bail.

Dhirren Randhawa, 18, faces four charges, including causing death by dangerous driving, over the death of Charlie Stevens, 18, on Friday night in Goolwa, about 90km south-east of Adelaide.

In a statement, the police commissioner, Grant Stevens, and his wife, Emma, thanked police, first responders and other emergency services workers who attended the incident.

It’s before the courts.
Sons friends are lying.

Very big trouble and there's three of them against the driver's one witness.

Very big trouble and there's three of them against the driver's one witness.
The Accident Investigation Unit will be able to tell whose story is correct and the truth will come out. The story of witnesses are vastly different. Is it an offence for witnesses offering a knowingly false statement to police?

Is it an offence for witnesses offering a knowingly false statement to police?
Yes.

FWIW I worked with Grant Stevens for several months a decade ago. Thoroughly decent man with a much loved dry sense of humour and wit that I imagine he passed on to his kids. The loss of a child is devastating for any parent of course - a pain that never leaves. But that this death generated such heartfelt emotion from the SA community, so soon after the murder of a police officer in the south east of the state, says a lot about the respect in which police officers are held in SA.

Good decision by SAPOL to bring in a senior Victorian police officer to oversee the investigation into the incident given the circumstances btw.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back