Solved Zoologist Adam Britton pleads guilty to dozens of charges incl bestiality & torture rape of pet dogs - NT

Remove this Banner Ad

He really needs to get life. That turned my stomach, I could hardly get through it.

The way courts sentence here he will be lucky to get 10 years.

I can’t believe I’m typing this and not sure how to word it without sounding like I’m downplaying abuse but here goes.

You’ve got people in society who either have a brain injury or mental impairment or a meth head who goes and roots a sheep in a drug induced psychosis, which is all bad enough.

But then there’s this guy. He is a real worry. A seriously disturbed individual. I don’t use this word often, as I like to think most people are redeemable, but he is evil.

It’s one type of evil to rape a dog. It’s another type of evil to torture an animal. This guy gets aroused on the torture of animals. Repeatedly.

It’s incredibly disturbing and sick and he needs to be removed from society.

Animal abuse maximum sentences need to change asap and retrospectively.

There's a thread here but this thing Britton needs his own. The child abuse images as a distributor can carry up to ten years maximum penalty in most state I think but I'd have to check. A creator of them might get more.

Britton was telling others how to acquire dogs. I'm lost for words at how evil this all is.

In one chilling instance, Britton met with the owners of a large brown dog named “Wolfe” to ensure the dog would be well cared for, the court heard.

He engaged in discussions with other users about bestiality, animal abuse, the acquisition of dogs, and methods for disposing of their bodies.

Britton was telling others how to acquire dogs. I'm lost for words at how evil this all is.

In one chilling instance, Britton met with the owners of a large brown dog named “Wolfe” to ensure the dog would be well cared for, the court heard.

He engaged in discussions with other users about bestiality, animal abuse, the acquisition of dogs, and methods for disposing of their bodies.

It’s a worry about “likeminded others”. You’d hope this freak was a one off but sadly not so.

It’s a worry about “likeminded others”. You’d hope this freak was a one off but sadly not so.
They're sadly the perfect victim, can't speak, can't do anything and are even more helpless than a child.

I think I’ve become pretty desensitised to true crime but this one has really sickened me.

This subhuman should not be in society. There’s something seriously wrong with him, that I doubt could be treated.

I will be surprised if he hasn’t crossed over into hurting and abusing people.

People can be witnesses though, and their disappearance raises questions. Wouldn’t be surprised if his animal torture was his “next best thing”, just from the point of view of less likely to be caught.
And ultimately he got caught by a wristband I.e. his own stupidity, so he was right.
His CSAM certainly shows he had an affinity for children being abused, but again he may have been able to abstain from committing the acts due to concerns around being caught.

Will be interesting if anyone comes forward though.

They're sadly the perfect victim, can't speak, can't do anything and are even more helpless than a child.

Yep - and no one thinks anything of 1) animals being given up (numerous legitimate reasons) & 2) an animal dying (again, numerous legitimate reasons - especially if 8+ - sorry Rover had an osteosarcoma and had a pathological fracture of his leg so I had to have him put down etc).

I just can’t believe 3 years is the max. Like there’s animal neglect and lack of understanding of care required - these cases when they get to public eye are often met with social media outrage, without understanding how common mental health disorders leading to hoarding are (most organisations try alternatives to prosecution in these cases though). These are genuine health issues, and a 1-2 year sentence would only be used as a last resort.

Compared to a systematic, prolonged period of multiple torture & sexual abuse cases, in someone who has background in biology and able to take care of other animals…you’re telling me he only gets a slightly longer period than these ill hoarders? I mean, he’s definitely ill, in that he’s sick in the head, but he’s well aware what he was doing was wrong (hence hiding it) and he went out of his way to procure more victims.

The NT needs to change these laws tomorrow. Not every animal cruelty case requires a life sentence but this one 100% deserves it and you can only hope if he does get 3 years (plus whatever not enough sentence for the CSAM) that someone introduces his head to a weight plate in the mean time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was caught by a wrist band he was wearing captured in one of the stills from the video. It was very Darwin/NT centric and led the Police to him rather easily.

Saying here it was an orange lead but they might have got it mixed up in the reporting, Daily Mail does it a bit.

Online sleuths helped bring down depraved British animal abuser Adam Britton after they identified a leash in a dog torture video he posted online, it has been revealed.

The single clue led Australian police to the Darwin animal shelter owned by crocodile expert Britton, 51, where they found chopped up pets.

Saying here it was an orange lead but they might have got it mixed up in the reporting, Daily Mail does it a bit.

Online sleuths helped bring down depraved British animal abuser Adam Britton after they identified a leash in a dog torture video he posted online, it has been revealed.

The single clue led Australian police to the Darwin animal shelter owned by crocodile expert Britton, 51, where they found chopped up pets.

I read that also. I was told wristband by the owner of the NT wildlife park where he worked for many years (strangely not mentioned in any comms that I’ve seen)….and also see the same on reddit.

leash makes mores sense though.

A tour guide and I once asked him what he get up to at night as living in the park seemed pretty boring, we got some really weird looks from him. Makes sense 25 years later.

I read that also. I was told wristband by the owner of the NT wildlife park where he worked for many years (strangely not mentioned in any comms that I’ve seen)….and also see the same on reddit.

leash makes mores sense though.

A tour guide and I once asked him what he get up to at night as living in the park seemed pretty boring, we got some really weird looks from him. Makes sense 25 years later.

I’ve worked with some odd people in my life but this would never cross my mind. As I’m sure it didn’t yours!

I’ve worked with some odd people in my life but this would never cross my mind. As I’m sure it didn’t yours!

Absolutely, he was scientifically brilliant, but dumb as a box of hammers at times. He was terrible to camp with, just had no idea of reality and how to survive in the bush.

Animal cruelty punishments are severely lax in this country.

I've read from a Reddit post that is perhaps the worst case of animal cruelty/snuff films out there, they didn't elaborate on what exactly happened but this info is publicly available online. Needless to say, reading it will probably give people PTSD, this guy is probably not going to last long in prison.

It just baffles me as to why the penalties are so low in several states (including Victoria, shock horror :rolleyesv1:) especially in comparison to Tasmania.

Yeah the victims are not human beings, but this is a civilized society we live in and this kind of behaviour is completely unacceptable. The potential term in prison should reflect this.

*fwiw I think I read somewhere he will be sentenced in December.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back