Pauline Hanson - One Nation Party

Remove this Banner Ad

h-1.png

If only you had realised it was meant as a positive

Yes, a lot of racism is explained away as being meant in a positive way. You should've read through the twitter comments on the 18c hashtag #FreedomOfSpeech where people were discussing their experience of racism. It's full of backhanded compliments like yours.

Yes, a lot of racism is explained away as being meant in a positive way. You should've read through the twitter comments on the 18c hashtag #FreedomOfSpeech where people were discussing their experience of racism. It's full of backhanded compliments like yours.
I don't give a damn what is posted on twitter and Facebook about racism and you know that, I have better things to do with my time and I am not obsessed by it so don't bother.

They could at least try. Saying hey ISIS you *******s aren't Muslims you are just thugs with erectile dysfunction go crawl off and watch pr0n instead of compensating for non existent manhoods with bombs.

Something along those lines.

I'd still consider any Christian terrorist cell that had used Christianity as a tool for evil Christian.

They'd just be using Christianity in a different manner than I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What has Christianity have anything to do with the post and what I asked?

I was giving an easy to follow example of why saying ISIS aren't real Muslims is stupid.
I'm sorry if it was too complicated.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No your response wasn't complicated at all, just irrelevant. Both times.
Edit: I did try to avoid the word stupid.

I don't support Hanson but... I don't support Trump but... I don't support Abbott but... Such a familiar refrain, when conservatives are so bat s**t crazy that even their supporters are embarrassed by them, and have to pretend they disavow them.

"....but a lot of what she/he says makes sense...., etc"

If you lay down with dogs.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you then saying that when you dated a Muslim she was just like them?
They shared the overarching Islamic faith with the girl I dated. That doesn't mean they share the same principles. Wahhabism is also distinctly different from the Sunni faith that she practices.

For example, the Ku Klux Klan are Christian terrorists (that hate Catholicism). I'm Catholic. We both share the same basic faith, but they just distort it and use it how they want to use it, while I prefer to use it for hope and the kinder principles. I don't think that just because they did horrible things that they weren't real Christians. I loathe what the Ku Klux Klan did, just like the majority of Muslims dislike what ISIS have done.

I hope that's more illuminating and explains that I'm simply trying to state that ISIS are Islamic. To claim otherwise is just invoking the No True Scotsman fallacy.

Last edited:
They are Muslims though.
The point is that moderate Muslims should reject ISIS as not showing what it means (to the moderates) to be a Muslim. This would then help by showing the non Muslim world that the average (read moderate) Muslim does not approve of ISIS batshit crazy - and create the narrative that this is not what Islam truly is. Because the current story is that ISIS is what Islam is.

They shared the overarching Islamic faith with the girl I dated. That doesn't mean they share the same principles. Wahhabism is also distinctly different from the Sunni faith that she practices.

For example, the Ku Klux Klan are Christian terrorists (that hate Catholicism). I'm Catholic. We both share the same basic faith, but they just distort it and use it how they want to use it, while I prefer to use it for hope and the kinder principles. I don't think that just because they did horrible things that they weren't real Christians. I loathe the Ku Klux Klan did, just like the majority of Muslims dislike what ISIS have done.

I hope that's more illuminating and explains that I'm simply trying to state that ISIS are Islamic. To claim otherwise is just invoking the No True Scotsman fallacy.
Equally I don't think I would call the KKK Christian, again just call them out as batshit nuts. By allowing the excuse of religion, nutters can "justify " all sorts of s**t because of belief.

It is incumbent on secularists and atheists to show there is a limit to what we will tolerate as far as religion goes before calling it out as crazy and inappropriate.

The point is that moderate Muslims should reject ISIS as not showing what it means (to the moderates) to be a Muslim. This would then help by showing the non Muslim world that the average (read moderate) Muslim does not approve of ISIS batshit crazy - and create the narrative that this is not what Islam truly is. Because the current story is that ISIS is what Islam is.
I agree, I apologise for being a pedant.

It's probably a bit hard for it to happen because it doesn't sell as many papers for Islamic leaders to come out in staunch opposition. Also, with no real central body or central figure eg the pope, it makes it much harder.

Seems to me that these guys attacking the west are low rent hoods who've co-opted Islam as some sort of justification for their actions, which suits ISIS who'd take credit for my morning dump if they thought it would forward their cause.

Equally I don't think I would call the KKK Christian, again just call them out as batshit nuts. By allowing the excuse of religion, nutters can "justify " all sorts of s**t because of belief.

It is incumbent on secularists and atheists to show there is a limit to what we will tolerate as far as religion goes before calling it out as crazy and inappropriate.
I think that claiming that the KKK isn't Christian just allows whichever branch of Christianity it is an easy out of trying to remedy the situation.

For example, the Ku Klux Klan are Christian terrorists (that hate Catholicism). I'm Catholic. We both share the same basic faith, but they just distort it and use it how they want to use it, while I prefer to use it for hope and the kinder principles. I don't think that just because they did horrible things that they weren't real Christians. I loathe the Ku Klux Klan did, just like the majority of Muslims dislike what ISIS have done.

LOL!
Although you seem to have changed somewhat in your response to Crankyhawk.

Seems to me that these guys attacking the west are low rent hoods who've co-opted Islam as some sort of justification for their actions, which suits ISIS who'd take credit for my morning dump if they thought it would forward their cause.
I understand what you're saying, but how do you decide who is a real Muslim and who isn't?

Do you have to be peaceful? Do you have to follow a particular interpretation strictly? Must you have read the Quran?

If Sunnis don't believe Shiites are real Muslims, and vice versa, does that mean no one is a real Muslim?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back