The Law Pedophile Avoids Prison!

Remove this Banner Ad

I maintain that women being more affected on average is irrelevant
The most important facet of grading crime is the effect on the victim. This is why murder is a more serious crime than shoplifting - the effect on the victim is far worse.

The effect of the crime we are talking about is far worse on women and therefore constitutes are more sever punishment.

Pretty simple concept that you can't grasp because you are blinded by your ideals.

and potentially doubtful anyway since you've provided no sources, just stereotypical assumptions.
If you seriously don't accept that women are worse affected then men then you are seriously delusional. You have very little understanding of women. Totally clueless.

In fact, a quick google brings up this 2005 study, which concluded that:

http://www.jimhopper.com/pdfs/Dube_(2005)_Childhood_sexual_abuse_by_gender_of_victim.pdf
We are not talking about pre-pubescent boys here. The affects on them are often devastating.

You just can't help yourself, can you. That's the 4th time you've misrepresented the facts. Your credibility is close to 0.

So, your idea that judges should take into account that women are more affected (Which was *ed to start with
Enjoy your ban.

You act like cases take 2 minutes
here you are making false claims again.:rolleyes:

Your entire premise of women being more affected is false.
:rolleyes: It's comical how delusional you are. Do you know anything about women at all?

I'm going to go trust the American Journal of Preventive Medicine on this one.
Make sure you get the study pertaining to pubescents. After all, you wouldn't want to misrepresent the facts again.

Enjoy being smarter than everyone.
The dumb persons dilemma:

Dumb people are often too dumb to realise that they are dumb. ;)

The most important facet of grading crime is the effect on the victim. This is why murder is a more serious crime than shoplifting - the effect on the victim is far worse.

The effect of the crime we are talking about is far worse on women and therefore constitutes are more sever punishment.

Pretty simple concept that you can't grasp because you are blinded by your ideals.

I agree. My point all along has been that somebody's gender alone does not make a crime more severe. If I grant that women are more likely to be affected, that is still irrelevant - the court has time to decide how affected a victim is on an individual basis outside of gender.

As I have shown, you've made false assumptions about that anyway.

If you seriously don't accept that women are worse affected then men then you are seriously delusional. You have very little understanding of women. Totally clueless.

I'll take peer reviewed studies over your anecdotal experiences.

We are not talking about pre-pubescent boys here. The affects on them are often devastating.

You just can't help yourself, can you. That's the 4th time you've misrepresented the facts. Your credibility is close to 0.

Let's have a look at how the study I presented defined childhood sexual abuse

Four questions from Wyatt36 were adapted to define sexual abuse during childhood and adolescence: “Some people, while they are growing up in their first 18 years of life, had a sexual experience with an adult or someone at least 5 years older than themselves....

All of the questions about other ACEs pertained to the respondents’ first 18 years of life

Clearly adolescents have been included in the study. Additionally, since it included females "penetrating"/being penetrated by males, I'd imagine the boy would have had to at least be going through puberty to get an erection. You're either trolling or a massive narcissist, keep convincing yourself that I'm dumb and you're clever.

You're posts have been excellent in this thread Sportsman, kudos :thumbsu:
He's made numerous backflips, questionable leaps of logic, and is getting totally pantsed.

His argument is based on the premise that a 13-16yo female sexual assault victim by a male is not more affected than that of a 13-16yo male sexually assaulted by a female.

Perhaps you'd like to jump in and provide some sort of justification to the argument you are applauding?

I agree. My point all along has been that somebody's gender alone does not make a crime more severe. If I grant that women are more likely to be affected, that is still irrelevant - the court has time to decide how affected a victim is on an individual basis outside of gender.

As I have shown, you've made false assumptions about that anyway.

I'll take peer reviewed studies over your anecdotal experiences.

Let's have a look at how the study I presented defined childhood sexual abuse

Clearly adolescents have been included in the study. Additionally, since it included females "penetrating"/being penetrated by males, I'd imagine the boy would have had to at least be going through puberty to get an erection. You're either trolling or a massive narcissist, keep convincing yourself that I'm dumb and you're clever.
We are talking pubescent, the study includes both pre and post. There is a HUGE difference between the two and no doubt this would skew results.The study also says at least 5 years old. Our discussion is the adult being over 30. Again, a difference.

You seem to love misrepresenting things.

ps Boys get erections regularly well before puberty.

We are talking pubescent, the study includes both pre and post.

Grasping at straws now mate. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that the study may have included prepubescents, it does not specify. However, we know for sure that it included pubescents, went to the trouble to define childhood pertaining to anyone UNDER 18, and we know for sure that they concluded both male and female victims had similar negative effects. How about you provide some evidence to the contrary?

Study said it was 5 years older or more etc

Yes, at least 5 years older, so the perp may have been 5 years older or 50 years older. It's not a PERFECT study for what I'm arguing. I'm not going to be able to find a study that focuses specifically on "a comparison between 13- 16 year old boys and girls that are sexually abused by an adult at least over 30" :rolleyes: Provide something yourself or GTFO.

And again. Even if somehow you show that women are on average more affected. How the hell do you justify the judge working on averages rather then looking at the case individually??

Boys get erections regularly well before puberty.

Well, google proves you're right. I don't remember pitching tents until I was sprouting pubes. Doesn't change anything.

Thought I'd throw in this example of a male offender avoiding prison (for a 2nd time)

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,,23728960-2682,00.html

just for a little more background - here's a story regarding his first offence

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/11/22/2098109.htm

S87, I'm in general agreement with the thrust of your posts in this thread. If you take into consideration gender then other constructs should also be taken into consideration, and that in a liberal democracy becomes a slippery slope. However I'm intrigued by this claim..

My argument is that they're both something we don't choose and both in no way determines our behaviour.

What would you say determines our behaviour if not gender, class, race, cultural upbringing etc?

What do you see as the causes?

S87, I'm in general agreement with the thrust of your posts in this thread. If you take into consideration gender then other constructs should also be taken into consideration, and that in a liberal democracy becomes a slippery slope. However I'm intrigued by this claim..

What would you say determines our behavior if not gender, class, race, cultural upbringing etc?

What do you see as the causes?

Yep, I went a bit left of field there & expressed myself poorly

Of course gender and sex influence behavior, but not in any definitive way. When I said "determine", in my head I meant that if you're female, you are "determined" to behave like x, if you're male you're "determined" to behave like y, which is clearly wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back