Religion Pell Guilty!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How anyone can defend the repugnant organisation known as the Catholic Church let alone this convicted child rapist Pell is beyond me! Good riddance to rubbish.

NSW and QLD education departments covered up WAY more cases.

In the good old days teachers were sent interstate.

Governments paid far less compensation to victims too.

That's behind a paywall. Can you copy it please?

Not sure I'm allowed to copy/paste whole articles but this is the relevant quote.

GM: Then my dad was sent to an institute in WA. The state government used to round up all the half-caste kids, all the kids that had a bit of white in them, and take them. They didn’t treat them too well, to be honest. Any kids out bush that had a bit of white blood in them. Thank goodness the Catholics got involved and ended up taking over from the government. He was then moved to a place called Beagle Bay down near Broome.

NSW and QLD education departments covered up WAY more cases.

In the good old days teachers were sent interstate.

Governments paid far less compensation to victims too.
Let’s not confuse the issue we are dealing with Pell and his PUTRID pathetic cult here - start another thread if you want but don’t try the “look over there” Defence - these creeps are about to get what they deserve

Let’s not confuse the issue we are dealing with Pell and his PUTRID pathetic cult here - start another thread if you want but don’t try the “look over there” Defence - these creeps are about to get what they deserve

If someone says "the worst ever" and its not "the worst ever" we should not point out the inaccuracy?

I think Pell is innocent and will win the appeal.

It just could not have happened wear the accusers said it happened at that time and place, there were too many people roaming around.

He will win the appeal.

It just could not have happened wear the accusers said it happened at that time and place, there were too many people roaming around.

He will win the appeal.
Were you an expert witness re the ability of those who want to to be able to get their penis into an underage boys mouth and the lengths they would go to to achieve their goal at the trial JW?

When Pell wins his appeal, and he will, there were too many people in that church at that time for the alleged crime to have occurred, the High Court will judge the verdict as akin to burning a witch for weaving magic spells, I get it, the great unwashed love to go on hysterical torch and pitch fork expeditions, but when the verdict is overturned......

....please try and learn one lesson, our passions and fears are not truth.

when the verdict is overturned......

When the verdict is overturned we're off to the High Court. That august body will double his sentence for having wasted their valuable time. The story which just keeps on giving.

BTW, to mention 'truth' in a post about a deluded religious fantasist is a contradiction in terms and a colossal begging of the question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will win the appeal.
When Pell wins his appeal, and he will, there were too many people in that church at that time for the alleged crime to have occurred, the High Court will judge the verdict as akin to burning a witch for weaving magic spells, I get it, the great unwashed love to go on hysterical torch and pitch fork expeditions, but when the verdict is overturned......

You are entitled to your personal opinion, and you are even entitled to express it.

Your obvious ignorance of power-pedophile behaviour generally, and of the facts of these two cases, and of the legal process, make it valueless to anyone else, except as a classic example of the ignorant cheerleading/barracking which has surrounded this issue.

To quote someone not too far away from here: please try and learn one lesson, our passions and fears are not truth.

You are entitled to your personal opinion, and you are even entitled to express it.

Your obvious ignorance of power-pedophile behaviour generally, and of the facts of these two cases, and of the legal process, make it valueless to anyone else, except as a classic example of the ignorant cheerleading/barracking which has surrounded this issue.

You are also entitled to your personal opinion, and entitled to express it.

I'm sure your opinion and knowledge of the two cases will be invaluable to the learned gentlemen of the appeal court. When do you testify?

You are also entitled to your personal opinion, and entitled to express it.

I'm sure your opinion and knowledge of the two cases will be invaluable to the learned gentlemen of the appeal court. When do you testify?
Another one of your specialty non sequiturs.

PS Anne Ferguson is actually a very nice person, but she's no gentleman.;)

Sorry I don't have her flight details.

I understand she's back now and the duration of her trip was 6 weeks.
If you are complaining about undue delay, the purpose of her trip is pretty important; do you know whether it was a "holiday" as you've stated, or was it done as part of her responsibilities as the Chief Justice?

Even more important to the merits of your claim is the timing, given (as you well know) that there was never any practical possibility of a decision being considered, discussed, agreed upon, written up and delivered in any event in the 3 weeks between the appeal and the Court's winter recess, nor during the subsequent 2 weeks of the recess. That's 5 weeks' dead time between the appeal and the resumption of court sittings, by the way.

Do you know what the caseload of Maxwell in hearing and deciding other appeals was in the intervening period?
Do you know what the availability of the "retired" Weinberg was in that period?

If you are complaining about undue delay, the purpose of her trip is pretty important; do you know whether it was a "holiday" as you've stated, or was it done as part of her responsibilities as the Chief Justice?

Even more important to the merits of your claim is the timing, given (as you well know) that there was never any practical possibility of a decision being considered, discussed, agreed upon, written up and delivered in any event in the 3 weeks between the appeal and the Court's winter recess, nor during the subsequent 2 weeks of the recess. That's 5 weeks' dead time between the appeal and the resumption of court sittings, by the way.

Do you know what the caseload of Maxwell in hearing and deciding other appeals was in the intervening period?
Do you know what the availability of the "retired" Weinberg was in that period?

Actually I don't know this. The opinion expressed to me was that there was no good reason not to give the decision promptly and deliver the reasons later. Granted, though, these are the same people who think the decision can only possibly go one way, as I do.

*Watch as this concession gets me smashed.*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back