Religion Pell Guilty!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the accusation here is "witness J" read a magazine article and decided to put himself through a personal hell in order to "Get Pell"?
FMD!

Not an accusation. But it's a remarkably similar story. There have been false accusations before.

It's impossible to attribute the motivations behind those with terrible events wishing after many years - for justice, or to tell their their story, or internal peace. You could probably tell us more.

It's also possible that someone with other motivations could make up such allegations or could read of them and use them towards their desired intentions.

Offense towards neither Pell's accuser or defender is relevant here.

Yes it is, you're accusing someone who was raped as a child of making it up because you read some s**t in magazine.

It is deeply offensive.

Not an accusation. But it's a remarkably similar story. There have been false accusations before.

It's impossible to attribute the motivations behind those with terrible events wishing after many years - for justice, or to tell their their story, or internal peace. You could probably tell us more.

It's also possible that someone with other motivations could make up such allegations or could read of them and use them towards their desired intentions.
Thee sexual abuse the kid suffered was common in terms of sexual assault. There was nothing fantastical about the accusations.

Are you accusing the kid of having some other motivations?

It is like taking two workplace assault cases and saying "There was a photocopier in both offices,oh my god!"

it is straw man twaddle from a member of the pell choir aimed at distraction. possibly a member too unattractive for the cardinal to take out his todger for. it is just crap dressed up as being meaningful.

Coincidental enough that the accuser should have been questioned about it and the jury asked to consider it.

Yep ok, be sure to let Richter know of his stunningly obvious oversight then eff off...until of course another one of your team comes back with another bullshit and desperate misdirection. This is as bad as ‘we don’t know what we took but we know it wasn’t illegal’.

it is straw man twaddle from a member of the pell choir aimed at distraction. possibly a member too unattractive for the cardinal to take out his todger for. it is just crap dressed up as being meaningful.
It comes from a Keith Windschuttle article in Overland.
The article is just a rehash of the familiar Pellist conspiracy theory "It's all a Vic Police fit-up".
The article is really only interesting for a couple of things
- it all hinges on a couple of beautiful textbook fallacies of the argument from personal incredulity variety
- he criticises Millington for not knowing about the US case, but despite his previous writings on the topic, he didn't know about it himself until a reader told him
- he acknowledges that Rolling Stone was published in an Australian edition from 1972 onwards, but slides past the question of whether the article in question was ever published in Australia, or only the US, a pretty damning indictment of the quality of work by a one-time academic historian UNLESS he knows the answer is "only the US".

Yes it is, you're accusing someone who was raped as a child of making it up because you read some s**t in magazine.

It is deeply offensive.

I thought you were more concerned that this was more offensive toward Robert Richter's professionalism? You know, the guy who didn't put his client on the stand and described the incident as 'no more than a plain, vanilla sexual penetration case where a child is not volunteering or actively participating'. And lost the case.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I'm saying, given the very unusual nature of both incidents and the extraordinary coincidences between them, that it would be interesting to know if Pell's accuser was questioned about it.

- he acknowledges that Rolling Stone was published in an Australian edition from 1972 onwards, but slides past the question of whether the article in question was ever published in Australia, or only the US, a pretty damning indictment of the quality of work by a one-time academic historian UNLESS he knows the answer is "only the US".

This is not relevant considering that Rolling Stone has been online since the early 1990s and its complete archive was made available in April 2010.

It comes from a Keith Windschuttle article in Overland.
The article is just a rehash of the familiar Pellist conspiracy theory "It's all a Vic Police fit-up".
The article is really only interesting for a couple of things
- it all hinges on a couple of beautiful textbook fallacies of the argument from personal incredulity variety
- he criticises Millington for not knowing about the US case, but despite his previous writings on the topic, he didn't know about it himself until a reader told him
i did not have to go past the name of windschuttle to reaffirm it was twaddle. a wannabe historian who has no credibility whatsoever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheUnit1 , AbrahamS, Echoes

Get in lads. Have a look at the posters who are defending Pell. Unbelievable!

Excuse me, where the hell have I even once mentioned Pell? Seriously.

Grow up.

Now in Castlemaine, but Catholic and spent part of my childhood in Ballarat.

Can confirm I am no fan of that piece of filth.

Both incidents involved -

young altar boys drinking wine​
that they found in the sacristy​
after Sunday Mass​

where they had assisted​
the priest fondling their genitals​
they were made to kneel before the priest​
made to perform fellatio on the priest​
there were no other witnesses to the events​

Like I said, you can't draw conclusions from the extraordinary coincidences in themselves but it would be interesting to know whether questions were asked about the Rolling Stone article to the accuser in front of the juries.
I would venture a very similar scenario has been played out on literally hundreds of Church sacristy.
They invariably contain altar boys, wine and Priests dicks.

I would venture a very similar scenario has been played out on literally hundreds of Church sacristy.
They invariably contain altar boys, wine and Priests dicks.

Rather than 'literally hundreds' I'm only aware of one such case in these circumstances in Australia - one with no corroborating evidence. Perhaps you could acquaint us of the other 'hundreds'?

Perhaps when you say 'i would venture' it actually means you are just making things up.

Only hundreds?
Decide the number of Sacristy, world wide, by the number of Priests who keep wine in the Sacristy, divided by the number of priests who then had oral sex with an alter boy in said sacristy after said alter boy had a bit of wine times the number of generations of Priests in 20 centuries of Catholicism...
More than you think.

Last edited:
Decide the number of Sacristy, world wide, by the number of Priests who keep wine in the Sacristy, divided by the number of priests who then had oral sex with an alter boy in said sacristy after said alter boy had a bit of wine times the number of generations of Priests in 20 centuries of Catholicism...
More than you think.

Just made up s**t.

Just made up ****.

You're still on the "Pell victims made it all up and Robert Richter couldn't crack the case but you have after reading a magazine article" thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back