Perth GloryFC Thread-2018/19 PREMIERS!! FEAR OUR WRATH!!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a draw was a fair result. We dominated the 1st half and the last 10 minutes. They dominated the 2nd. The new guys were all pretty good but I thought Davidson was the best of the bunch. Franjic had a great 2nd half going forward with a couple of crosses that should really have been put away. I can't wait to get Spiranovic into the back 4 too.

We look so much better and move the ball so well. It was almost like watching a different team at times. I can't wait to get Castro into that midfield as we really missed him at times in that 2nd half.

Pretty promising I thought. Seems like our second halves of late have all dropped off. Hope that is a fitness thing that will be rectified as the season goes on rather than a tactical thing as teams work us out. Franjic seemed to not have his best game although he was making lots of good runs. If he can get his touch back I would expect he and Davidson to cause some real problems this season. Kilkenny was great and our backs were pretty solid. I also thought Reddy played a decent game despite looking a little questionable when tasked with playing the ball around by foot. Hopefully Juande is better for the run. As the season goes on I'd hope that Ikonomidis will be able to break into the side over Chianese or Ferreira, though I thought they both performed pretty well. Pretty positive stuff considering we should also be getting Spira and Castro back in the coming weeks (probably also Santalab but I'm not so sure he'll make the team even when fit).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back