Perth GloryFC Thread-2018/19 PREMIERS!! FEAR OUR WRATH!!

Remove this Banner Ad

We aren’t saying it’s not an achievement - it is. Just that it loses its gloss because of the pointless finals system is all. I feel the same about the NPL too.

I don't think finals are pointless through with the system the A-league has implemented it is kind of a joke that you can finish sixth win two games and be in a Grand Final and the reverse like Sydney last season play one game and be out! The old top six system I thought was better.
It has a place it just needs to find the right balance. The old NSL had finals and they where great too.

I love that the A-league has two trophies that are regarded highly and both should be prestigious enough to be celebrated equally.

I don't think finals are pointless through with the system the A-league has implemented it is kind of a joke that you can finish sixth win two games and be in a Grand Final and the reverse like Sydney last season play one game and be out! The old top six system I thought was better.
It has a place it just needs to find the right balance. The old NSL had finals and they where great too.

I love that the A-league has two trophies that are regarded highly and both should be prestigious enough to be celebrated equally.
Each to their own. I guess all the big leagues I follow just have the league champions. The knockout format is for the cup games so you cover both bases already.

I went on Sunday night. It was okay. A 5pm Sunday kick-off is painful for any code in any city but it definitely dampened the mood. Newcastle aren't much of a draw card (not helped by their weird Nicky Carle / Mario Jardel recalling strip) and there was a sense that no matter how many offsides the Glory got, they were going to snag a win.

I've probably gone to 4-5 games this year which is the most I've ever attended. Between the disallowed goals, the low ass tempo, and the ugly style I just didn't feel especially excited. I mostly follow Arsenal and the lower Premier League / Championship so I like first to the top, but I also think finals is all that matters. I can give you the Grand Final winner for every A-League season but I couldn't give you who won the plate. It's a runner's up. I think aside from the old blokes in stinky old Kappa merch ultimately nobody cares.

Saying that, can't wait for finals. The first one will be a massive rip-off at 75 bucks a ticket or something so I'll stick to a pub. But keen as * for the Grand Final. I can see 60,000 coming out completely out of the woodwork – the regular season hasn't gotten much momentum in Perth – and it'll be awesome fun. Bitta piss.

I went on Sunday night. It was okay. A 5pm Sunday kick-off is painful for any code in any city but it definitely dampened the mood. Newcastle aren't much of a draw card (not helped by their weird Nicky Carle / Mario Jardel recalling strip) and there was a sense that no matter how many offsides the Glory got, they were going to snag a win.

I've probably gone to 4-5 games this year which is the most I've ever attended. Between the disallowed goals, the low ass tempo, and the ugly style I just didn't feel especially excited. I mostly follow Arsenal and the lower Premier League / Championship so I like first to the top, but I also think finals is all that matters. I can give you the Grand Final winner for every A-League season but I couldn't give you who won the plate. It's a runner's up. I think aside from the old blokes in stinky old Kappa merch ultimately nobody cares.

Saying that, can't wait for finals. The first one will be a massive rip-off at 75 bucks a ticket or something so I'll stick to a pub. But keen as **** for the Grand Final. I can see 60,000 coming out completely out of the woodwork – the regular season hasn't gotten much momentum in Perth – and it'll be awesome fun. Bitta piss.
I find the atmosphere to be quite upbeat and a blast to be honest. I went to the season opener which was a bit subdue but every other match I've attended has had a solid atmosphere

Play the kids this week. Go full strength at home against the nix. I would like Tando in goal though just for the shed to chant his name.

Velaphi
Grant - Marcela - Scott - Brimmer
Italiano - Mustafa - Stynes - Timmins
Harold - Wilson

It'll be great to be thumped 5-0 and provide Victory tears

Italiano starting and Poppa's boy on the bench. I hope he gets a run. Good that Castro gets a rest but I would also have liked Killa to get a break and put Wilson in instead. I guess Poppa wanted some chance of creating a goal.

57583182_10157309826863960_1548845728984465408_n.jpg

The last 30 minutes were pretty good. I didn't expect much with the team we put out so I'm not disappointed.

Young Popa wasn't too bad and played some good balls. I'd like to see more of him next week. Also, Italiano who I thought was one of our best in the 1st half and was unlucky to come off at half time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back