Perth GloryFC Thread-2018/19 PREMIERS!! FEAR OUR WRATH!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Spiranovic was sold for about 1.6 million pounds. That's the biggest fee received for A-League. I'm not disagreeing with you but I think there's still a long way to go before we get to even a 5 million pound transfer.

Ikonomidis for example is 23, contracted for 2 more years, having a fantastic season and a current Socceroo.

If he was to transfer I would hope it was to a strong competition and for a high (A-League) fee.

It doesn't look like the #10 shirt is vacant any longer.

54521839_2115166868566316_8007602889985884160_o.jpg

Ikonomidis for example is 23, contracted for 2 more years, having a fantastic season and a current Socceroo.

If he was to transfer I would hope it was to a strong competition and for a high (A-League) fee.
That would be ideal but regardless of how great a season he’s having, he just won’t command a high fee.

Perth Glory sign former Melbourne City striker Fornaroli | The World Game

Despite scoring 46 goals in 70 games for City, Fornaroli was overlooked this season by coach Warren Joyce.
The 31-year-old is ineligible to play for the Glory until next season, when he'll form a dangerous strike force alongside Andy Keogh and Diego Castro.
Fornaroli, who lists Sampdoria and Panathinaikos among his former clubs, is excited at the prospect of beginning a new chapter in his career with Glory.
“Tony (Popovic) said that there is a project here at Glory and that they want to play better than now and do better next season,” he said.
“I believe in the project and I believe in the coach and that’s why I’m here.

“I’m where I want to be and this is the most important thing for me. I’m very happy to be here.”
Glory Owner and Chairman Tony Sage believes that the significance of Fornaroli’s arrival cannot be overstated.
“The signing of Bruno is another strong statement of intent in terms of our ambition to bring sustained success to Perth Glory,” he said.
“Players with his great goalscoring pedigree are always in huge demand and we beat off stiff competition from a host of clubs from all over the world to sign him.”
Glory CEO Tony Pignata, meanwhile, feels that the recruitment of one of the competition’s most exciting and highest-profile players will delight the club’s fan base.
“I’m sure that all of our members and fans will be hugely excited to see Bruno lining up in purple next term,” he said.
“He made it very clear that he wanted to be a part of what we are in the process of creating here at Glory and it is fantastic to have him on board.”

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/perth-glory-sign-former-melbourne-city-striker-fornaroli

Well that was the worlds worst kept secret.

Great pick up, Just making you guys look even stronger next season.

Who's not coming back? Castro? Juande? Ferrera?
While we still probably will lose at least one of those three, I am pretty sure Keogh is about to become an Aussie citizen which will mean we could actually keep them all.

https://www.goal.com/en-au/news/keo...-he-shuts-down-city/eg8wx72v2kti1gm6i69zaqcao

But having already scored seven times for a Perth side sitting top of the A-League and about to secure Australian citizenship, Keogh is adamant he's eager to remain with Glory.

I also note Fornorali himself is likely to become an Aussie citizen somtime in 2020, apparently. https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/why-fornaroli-will-never-be-able-to-play-for-the-socceroos

The Melbourne City striker was quoted in a News Limited article on Wednesday as saying that he was wanted to play for Australia if he stays in the country long enough to secure citizenship, which would be possible in 2020 – five years after he arrived.

On those numbers, Castro too would be able to become a citizen then if he wanted to in 2020. Ferreira must be, or soon to be.

If Keogh hadn't already represented Ireland, I have no doubt he'd be called into the Socceroos squad considering our pitiful lack of decent strikers atm (Andrew Nabbout is getting games I mean c'mon).

Fornaroli running around for the Socceroos is an amusing thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would have been members who didn't show up. I would hazard a guess there would have been a few that went to the Eagles game instead.

I think there’s about 2,000 who are both west coast and glory members according to sagey

I know some were definitely going to head to HBF after Optus and get there for half time but it would’ve been tough if you were a GA member - I wouldn’t have envied them trying to find a decent spot to sit

I don’t give a hoot about the premiership. I mean it means more but because we have the finals, it will forever be second-place when it comes to importance.
Playing the lower ranked winner helps. Rather an Adelaide or Wellington compared to Victory or Sydney, who have both beaten us at NIB.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back