Perth GloryFC Thread-2018/19 PREMIERS!! FEAR OUR WRATH!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t know much about Ferreira - is he any good?

He was at Adelaide but I didn't think he was that great at CCM. I was surprised to learn he is only 29 so hopefully Poppa can get some good football out of him.

36939257_620308098340947_1320051043010084864_n.jpg

Two home games against Sydney in a row! I swear the A-league don't even look at the fixture after they randomly pull names from a hat.
On the contrary, I'm fairly sure they have a bunch of scheduling principles, shitloads of club requests and venue availability issues to consider. While the situation of playing the same team at the same venue in consecutive home games (albeit 2-3 weeks apart) isn't ideal, I'm actually impressed that it appears the FFA have managed to have all teams play each other in three blocks - nobody plays anyone a 2nd time before having played all clubs once, and the same applies for 2nd into third clashes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know what formation Poppa is going to play but in the friendly it looked like a 4-2-3-1 so I will go with that.

Reddy
Franjic-Spiranovic-Lowry-Davidson
Kilkenny-Torres
Chianese-Castro-Italiano
Keogh

Bench will consist of: Brimmer, Neville, Grant, Velaphi, Harold, Wilson, Santalab

I am reluctant to include Torres in the side since nobody knows whether he will be here and I have just seen a rumour linking him with a move to Greece. If Torres does leave I would give his spot in midfield to Wilson.

I don't know what formation Poppa is going to play but in the friendly it looked like a 4-2-3-1 so I will go with that.

Reddy
Franjic-Spiranovic-Lowry-Davidson
Kilkenny-Torres
Chianese-Castro-Italiano
Keogh

Bench will consist of: Brimmer, Neville, Grant, Velaphi, Harold, Wilson, Santalab

I am reluctant to include Torres in the side since nobody knows whether he will be here and I have just seen a rumour linking him with a move to Greece. If Torres does leave I would give his spot in midfield to Wilson.
Is Chianese a better option than Santalab?

Also I bloody hope Velaphi gets first crack

FFA cup tickets go on sale 25th July.

It'll be my first competitive Glory match attended. The Chelsea friendly match will be my first Glory match attended all together.

A mate and I are committing to a five game membership this season since he has no other commitments this summer.

I'm hoping Poppa rejuvinates this club

Is Chianese a better option than Santalab?

Honestly, yes. I thought Chianese had a pretty good season and deserves first crack. Santalab is here as more of an impact sub than a starter IMO.

FFA cup tickets go on sale 25th July.

It'll be my first competitive Glory match attended. The Chelsea friendly match will be my first Glory match attended all together.

A mate and I are committing to a five game membership this season since he has no other commitments this summer.

I'm hoping Poppa rejuvinates this club

Get on the full season membership if you enjoy the 5 game one. If you want to experience the atmosphere as best as you can then come into the shed.

--------------------Reddy
---------Djulbic - Spiranovic - Mrcela
Franjic ------Kilkenny - Torres?----Davidson
-----------Italiano --------- Castro
-------------------- Keogh

We are so stacked with CB's, we might be looking at playing three at the back in a 3-4-2-1 with wing backs. Suppose the addition of Ferreira suggests we might play wingers rather than wing backs, but I note Burns said:

"He can play anywhere across the front third which means the manager is going to have some great selection headaches in that area this year."​

So it is possible. We shall see when we take on Chelsea

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back