Player Watch Jackson Hately

Remove this Banner Ad

I am pretty sure Hately is around 190cm which is tall for a midfielder.
Could stack Ned and Jones together and still be shorter than that.. Hately was our badly needed tall mid.
I hope he is working extremely close with Rob to become our clearance beast, I'm not worried about his lack of penetrating kick.
He can handball out to the other short people to kick it they've gotta be good for something.

Think Hately has a real future and surprised although had injury hiccups he hasn't been given opportunities ,but hopefully given opportunity soon and as believe we need a bigger mid to add to other future mids going forward.

I hope that's sarcasm, if not then it's a really dumb comment
I don't visit other boards (except lurk on the pear after a loss for the LOL's) but dam, we have a lot of posters willing to write off players before they have even had a chance to fire a shot or develop. They expect every player to come in and immediately have an big impact. Probably one of the most frustrating things on this board. I do wonder if it is an Adelaide thing or if all footy have this many negative fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been hampered by injury for the last month, played managed minutes in the 2s

Pretty much and you could tell Hately didn't have full confidence in his body with how much he struggled to get involved on the inside.

He wasn't terrible, wasn't great. Solid debut overall and shouldn't be dropped you wouldn't think.
Agree

Dropping him could be damaging for his confidence and development

I would like him to get 3-4 games to build into some real form and confidence

It would be great for him to play against his old club this week

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Def wouldn’t be dropping him this week, can’t imagine Sloane will be ready and there’s no other ready made replacement mid at the moment. Even if Berry comes back in I’d hope that would be for one of Rowe, Murphy or McAdam

Remove this Banner Ad

Back