Past Pick 142 - Welcome Rebecca Privitelli

Remove this Banner Ad

Rebecca Privitelli.jpg

Rebecca Privitelli is a key defender who’s willing to leave her player and take intercept marks.

She’s not only a good distributor of the ball, but Privitelli will also strengthen the Blues’ defensive structure.

Having played footy since she was a child, Privitelli went through the youth girls system and found her feet at senior level this year.

Senior women’s coach Damien Keeping added the 21-year-old is also capable of playing up forward too.

“Rebecca has proven she can go forward and be effective in front of goal,” Keeping said.

Welcome, Rebecca!

Height:
169cm
Weight:
67kg
Position: Defender
Club:
Eastern Devils

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2016-10-12/pick-142-rebecca-privitelli

Good luck to her. I reckon she'll prove to be a pretty handy addition for GWS.

I'm still really surprised we let her go. Thought she showed some good signs throughout the season and appears to be a good character.

Maybe it's as simple as her being squeezed out by Stevens coming on board. With all of Hardiman, Attard, Last, Stevens and Davey, we seem to be pretty well covered for taller defensive options.

Good luck to her. I reckon she'll prove to be a pretty handy addition for GWS.

I'm still really surprised we let her go. Thought she showed some good signs throughout the season and appears to be a good character.

Maybe it's as simple as her being squeezed out by Stevens coming on board. With all of Hardiman, Attard, Last, Stevens and Davey, we seem to be pretty well covered for taller defensive options.

Has nobody watched the Stevens interview? :p

She is going to play as a mid, seems like a huge reason as to why she came over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has nobody watched the Stevens interview? :p

She is going to play as a mid, seems like a huge reason as to why she came over.

Well yeah, Stevens looks likely to spend a fair bit of time further up the ground.

I'm just saying she's an option for us back there - and a really good one at that - if and when required, as is the case with Bri.

3 talls (Hardiman, Attard, Last) + 2 very capable options (Stevens + Davey) probably means opportunities may have been hard to come by in 2018 for Rebecca.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back