Senior 16. Jack Carroll

Remove this Banner Ad

16-carroll-jpg.1578900

Last edited by a moderator:
Super selection. We wanted an inside mid and the cards fell our way and we got a mid/late first rd talent for a 40's pick.

Not speculative, yet heaps of upside. Really pleased with this one. Really pleased.

Kids got a bit mate.

I was fairly happy with Durdin, but this was an absolute bonus. Turned a nothing draft for us, upside down. Good job Austin and Co.

Yeah, that's how i felt. I was actually ticking off the last 10 or so picks before us hoping they wouldn't take Carroll. When we picked Durdin i was a bit annoyed, not because Durdin wasn't a decent pick but because i wanted Carroll at that pick. Then when Richmond picked the Samson bloke, i knew we'd nab Carroll.

Was a relieved sigh.

After waiting an eternity to see who our first pick was, & I was very happy to get Durdin, being able to pick Carroll shortly afterwards made the long wait totally worthwhile.

Scoring Durdin & Carroll with picks 37 & 41, to go with Williams, Saad & Fogarty, is certainly an impressive start at the club for Nick Austin.

Great pick guys

I wanted jack at Richmonds pick #20 and could not believe we passed on him at #40 only for Carlton to take him :'(

If you guys get a chance to listen to Abletts podcast on SEN today he talks abit about Jack Carroll and big wraps about the kid.

We drafted a 20 year old Ruckman nobody has head about names Samson :think:

Now we have 5 Ruckman on the list -

Well Done Blues

Great pick guys

I wanted jack at Richmonds pick #20 and could not believe we passed on him at #40 only for Carlton to take him :'(

If you guys get a chance to listen to Abletts podcast on SEN today he talks abit about Jack Carroll and big wraps about the kid.

We drafted a 20 year old Ruckman nobody has head about names Samson :think:

Now we have 5 Ruckman on the list -

Well Done Blues
Maybe if you kept Austin around, you would have. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's all a bit of fun, but Jack seems like a lively type, both as a player and bloke, should fit in here like a 🥊

Him and Paddy Cripps both came from the East Fremantle Football Factory, and naturally i am sure he will take him under his wings.

Suspect he may only get 1 or 2 games in the seniors next season, a good seasoning and conditioning in the VFL would be the plan.

Love the WA lads, usually can't go wrong with the WA lads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely makes up for missing out on Poulter, but I can also see why he slid: kicking action likely leads to inconsistencies, and he probably doesn't get the drive out of his legs that he needs inside the contest, where he'll be pushing off contact.

His versatility looks exciting, but then again so did Kane Lucas', though that had pick 11, hamstring issues - and a total loss of confidence in his own abilities and game sense - to contend with. For pick 41, this kid looks better prepared.

Seems like a really sensible, best available selection for a pick this late, preferable to a Finbar type reach.
You're about 35 picks too early for equating the two, but the 'Finbar reach' this year would have been Eddie Ford or Isaiah Winder. Why we didn't reach, I don't ******* know.

Don't know much about Jack, but everything I read talks about his poise. Very important, when you watch first year players watch how much time they have with the ball in hand, the ones with time are the one who make it.

Welcome young man the the greatest club in the land.

Balanced, tall, smooth moving midfielder. Was tipped to go 15-30ish. Rated 16 in my consensus phantom.

Looks like a bargain.

Karma for Boekhurst?
Boekhorst was a victim of a mick malthousing had all the attributes to make it but kick didn't play him enough cos he thought he was in a Windows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back