Picola & District NW 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
will poach every player possible to buy a flag what a joke paying him 35gs many at redeyes not happy

please stop trying to say people at Redeyes aren't happy with Jack as your talking crap. this is not the case. And I am absolutely confident I have a better idea on this than you!!

Buying flags? Get over yourself at this time Blighty are trying to ensure they have a good competitive team and the supporters are willing to do the work to ensure that happens. Senior flag would be awesome but having a competitive senior side is what they aim at and then see how the cards fall.

please stop trying to say people at Redeyes aren't happy with Jack as your talking crap. this is not the case. And I am absolutely confident I have a better idea on this than you!!

Buying flags? Get over yourself at this time Blighty are trying to ensure they have a good competitive team and the supporters are willing to do the work to ensure that happens. Senior flag would be awesome but having a competitive senior side is what they aim at and then see how the cards fall.

They should have a good team with all the extra points they have been allocated. Seems a bit over the top. Yarrowyeh have been terrible for years an don't have that many points

They should have a good team with all the extra points they have been allocated. Seems a bit over the top. Yarrowyeh have been terrible for years an don't have that many points

Go whinge to AFLGM they allocate the points.
Although I'd suggest the lack of transparency of criteria of how these points are allocated is a concern and should be addressed by AFLGM.

Last edited:

Toc- coach a non playing or playing coach anyone know much about him?
- Word is Jerilderie are going to pick up quiet a few anyone else have any more light on them?
Strathy- always seem to pick up a few guys, have heard bramich not overly liked by his peers?
Mathoura- hoping to better this year which will be fantastic to see.
Deni- word is they will be strong and out to make a point early in the season.!

Toc have announced Tim Garlick as their new coach, Logie has moved overseas.
Jerilderie are looking for a new coach as Hillary is coaching Culcairn next year.
Strathy will have Bramich going round again.
Mathoura were advertising and on the hunt, and we've spoken about Deni.
Not sure about any of the other sides..

Go whinge to AFLGM they allocate the points.
Although I'd suggest the lack of transparency of criteria of how these points are allocated is a concern and should be addressed by AFLGM.

Won't need to do that. When all those blokes from deni get bored of playing at there or get better money offers they will leave.

- Word is Jerilderie are going to pick up quiet a few anyone else have any more light on them?
Strathy- always seem to pick up a few guys, have heard bramich not overly liked by his peers?
Toc coach is a playing coach, ex junior that coached Cobram this year, good hard player.
Yeah that's true about strathy they keep going with him because he's free I believe.
Deni 17s win the flag didn't they? Will be a good young side in 2018!

Not correct at all. Tim would be the main reason they keep majority of their list and are able to recruit.

Yarroweyah are one of only 5 clubs who played in a grand final in the last few years.
The others being Jerilderie, Strathy ,Picola, Berrigan.
It would be reasonable to assume the allocation of additional points is dependent on the club applying, did Yarroweyah apply last year ?
Should be kept in mind every player recruited by a PDFNL club comes with an additional point such are the rules of the player points system.

Yarroweyah are one of only 5 clubs who played in a grand final in the last few years.
The others being Jerilderie, Strathy ,Picola, Berrigan.
It would be reasonable to assume the allocation of additional points is dependent on the club applying, did Yarroweyah apply last year ?
Should be kept in mind every player recruited by a PDFNL club comes with an additional point such are the rules of the player points system.
Why do u get an additional point. It hasnt restricted any clubs recruiting as the clubs that asked got extra points anyway.

Won't need to do that. When all those blokes from deni get bored of playing at there or get better money offers they will leave.

Maybe but most don't fancy the obligations of MFL, Blighty is closer to Deni than most other clubs and Rams don't pay money according to them so they won't pay more even though they unfairly have a much higher cap.
So I think the committee did a great job ensuring they recruited heavily before the points system came in.

Maybe but most don't fancy the obligations of MFL, Blighty is closer to Deni than most other clubs and Rams don't pay money according to them so they won't pay more even though they unfairly have a much higher cap.
So I think the committee did a great job ensuring they recruited heavily before the points system came in.
Totally understand. Only problem is u have to sustain that spending to stay competitive year in year out otherwise some will walk. Good on u if u can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally understand. Only problem is u have to sustain that spending to stay competitive year in year out otherwise some will walk. Good on u if u can.[/QUO
why recruit so many from one club as makes it hard for them to have seniors and ressies roughly 19 ex rams out there ,so go to finley and recruit a few or take maybe 4/5 not 19 as a ex player of blighty and rams i and a few others not really happy to spend so much money on many over rated players ressies players that to win a flag at any cost i think the relationship between clubs has gone bad with blightys greed and paying a coach in picola 35000 a bit over the top hard to get that money in gv unless your a gun

Totally understand. Only problem is u have to sustain that spending to stay competitive year in year out otherwise some will walk. Good on u if u can.

True but I could say not spending in this day and age can ruin your club much sooner.

Fleetwood, how do u know 35k?
its out and about but have inside info so pretty spot on, like this year coach on 27000. as a past blighty and rams player many not happy blighty have taken so many from rams, ok to recruit 4/5 but not roughly 17/20 over last 2 yrs. both sides must field seniors and 2s but as rams have found they struggled for 2s all year. sure they have to recruit but not attack 1 club and offer crazy money to players just to win a flag.go and attack finley for a few and maybe echuca way

its out and about but have inside info so pretty spot on, like this year coach on 27000. as a past blighty and rams player many not happy blighty have taken so many from rams, ok to recruit 4/5 but not roughly 17/20 over last 2 yrs. both sides must field seniors and 2s but as rams have found they struggled for 2s all year. sure they have to recruit but not attack 1 club and offer crazy money to players just to win a flag.go and attack finley for a few and maybe echuca way
Wow

I heard Blighty made a record $$$ profit. If true things must be more than sustainable .
Not disputing that .. Got nothing to do with it. Only 25% of the coaches 32k is in the cap. Plenty of room in the 100k. Goodluck to them i say. Is the cap 100?.

Psst your on the pdfnl site whinging that a pdfnl club has outplayed an MFL club in the off field battle......

You know we are all laughing right???

We hav a couple applicants for the gig and are in the process of electing 2 new coaches
As for the drama lol We hav had guys cum from Echuca ourselves n we hav approched guys from both deni teams
Kudos to blighty they hav stuck 2 it n by al accounts hav a great culture
We hav tried 2 build a culture for our guys and think we improved a hell of a lot but at the same time the border teams hav kept on good terms with these boys so we unfortunaly will lose a couple
Dont no y rams followers (Fleetwood) would want 2 bag these young guys out behind a keyboard 2 burn bridges but will bit them on the bum lol no wonder they won't go back
U make the bed u lay in it

When is the decision made for the new point allocations for 2018, if it hasn't been done already?
Is it 'announced' publicly or are individual clubs told directly what they receive/have for the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back