Picola & District NW 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is the league contacted other leagues in the area and was under the impression all contracts , suspensions and the like would be honoured in and out.
The PDFNL apparently gave its word to this understanding for 2018 , including to its clubs and I believe intend to see it through.
If this is the case it is disappointing other leagues, and the AFLVic are not following through with what was promised. Just another example of AFLVic doing what they want to suit themselves.

If this is the case it is disappointing other leagues, and the AFLVic are not following through with what was promised. Just another example of AFLVic doing what they want to suit themselves.
Q. Does the Picola league have a website? With results etc? Obviously booted off the AFLNEB one

Q. Does the Picola league have a website? With results etc? Obviously booted off the AFLNEB one

If accessing from a computer -
This is the league website www.pdfnl.com/home
If you get a video covering the screen when you open the page (if only enter www.pdfnl.com) then click on home tab and it will take you to the page as above and results are shown on the right of the page.
If you want more info such as goal kickers etc click on the more football detail tab, if you want more info on teams from there you need to click on the club and go to their portal.

If wanting to access results from a phone then the resultsvault app is the best to use, once downloaded search and select either the league and/or the club you wish to follow and save it to favourites for future quick access - it won't give you goal kickers etc but does give you access to the ladder and team lists once they are uploaded from clubs prior to the game. Some other leagues also use this app to post their live scores as well eg MFL, O+M

Has anyone heard that James Lawton could be suiting up for Rennie in the next couple of weeks he is the lad that Corowa won't clear to Mansfield
Mansfield has said he is going to Rennie would make Rennie all most untouchable along with Judd Porter and Brad Murray

Has anyone heard that James Lawton could be suiting up for Rennie in the next couple of weeks he is the lad that Corowa won't clear to Mansfield
Mansfield has said he is going to Rennie would make Rennie all most untouchable along with Judd Porter and Brad Murray

My mail is if a player is contracted to any club, affiliated or not, you need a clearance or approval from the contracted players club to play in the PDFL.

After seeing all clubs expectation in order of finish
Waaia Very even with class and depth
Deni Rovers Need a big ground, need to get its forward structure right, 45 years without a flag
Picola Know how to dance on big day, very even
Strathy Major injuries but well coached and move ball well
Blighty Classy but is there a lack of pace
Rennie Have guns but need to gel
Katunga Fading quickly can they turn it around
Berrigan Very honest just lack some quality onballers

After seeing all clubs expectation in order of finish
Waaia Very even with class and depth
Deni Rovers Need a big ground, need to get its forward structure right, 45 years without a flag
Picola Know how to dance on big day, very even
Strathy Major injuries but well coached and move ball well
Blighty Classy but is there a lack of pace
Rennie Have guns but need to gel
Katunga Fading quickly can they turn it around
Berrigan Very honest just lack some quality onballers

Great little snippet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to the league on their fantastic promotion of the junior interleague games yesterday - great to see it advertised and promoted in the local papers, foxy and jr footy show, league website and game day mag The Record this week, making sure everyone knew exactly where, when, and how much it would cost to view. With other leagues not playing this weekend was great opportunity to showcase our talented juniors.

On a serious note - well done to all the boys who were able to make themselves available to represent the league at such short notice against strong, well organised, well drilled opposition, who play and train regularly together throughout the year, especially backing up after your game/s the previous day.
And thanks to the coaches who took on the task - understandably it was difficult with the timing mid-holidays, selection restrictions etc - your efforts are appreciated.
Hope you all enjoyed the experience and that the ops manager's comments post game are carried out to maximise your potential if the games are repeated next year.

"The Roar Is Back" how did the kids go today?
I thought they were very good considering the opposition, the short preparation time , a number of unavailbilities for various reasons including injuries the prior day and given a number of players had played at least one game the previous day.
As in the past a few players showed a little more than they may have at their home club , whilst I'd suspect most will return to their club better for the experience.
Coaches were great and believe the league has plans to increase junior development somewhat like the program / academy from a few years ago and to include netball.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the league on their fantastic promotion of the junior interleague games yesterday - great to see it advertised and promoted in the local papers, foxy and jr footy show, league website and game day mag The Record this week, making sure everyone knew exactly where, when, and how much it would cost to view. With other leagues not playing this weekend was great opportunity to showcase our talented juniors.

On a serious note - well done to all the boys who were able to make themselves available to represent the league at such short notice against strong, well organised, well drilled opposition, who play and train regularly together throughout the year, especially backing up after your game/s the previous day.
And thanks to the coaches who took on the task - understandably it was difficult with the timing mid-holidays, selection restrictions etc - your efforts are appreciated.
Hope you all enjoyed the experience and that the ops manager's comments post game are carried out to maximise your potential if the games are repeated next year.
Clubs consistantly received information on where and when the games were on including a promo brochure which they were encouraged to distribute upon their social media.
As for other media streams , the league can only provide the information.
Considering that confirmation of a opposition was received less than 4 weeks , I thought it was a good outcome for kids to be able to be involved in rep football .

Not perfect but if the league was to listen to the continual negative outlook on things like that of you, events like this would be thrown in the to hard basket .

Clubs consistantly received information on where and when the games were on including a promo brochure which they were encouraged to distribute upon their social media.
As for other media streams , the league can only provide the information.
Considering that confirmation of a opposition was received less than 4 weeks , I thought it was a good outcome for kids to be able to be involved in rep football .

Not perfect but if the league was to listen to the continual negative outlook on things like that of you, events like this would be thrown in the to hard basket .

Point taken about supplying local papers with info and them not using it, as that is not unusual for local clubs also whom supply gameday reports which sometimes are and sometimes are not utilised etc, but was just stating that after the extensive buildup and promotion over a number of outlets of the NE v SW inter-division games within the league last year this years publicity was a bit of a let down TBH, taking into account JR and Foxy 2 weeks ago promoted exciting news for the league for the next weeks show only to be about late senior recruits for one club when the opportunity was there to promote our juniors from all the clubs in such a medium, and surely there was opportunity to have the promo brochure you mention on the league website?

As I stated, it was a great opportunity for those who were available and able to participate. It was great to watch some of the talented kids from around the various clubs showcase their skills, hopefully those still around next year and beyond will continue to have such and further opportunities. Hopefully they will be able to do so from within the league and not have to look elsewhere to pursue opportunities and development, and hopefully clubs whom remain with the league do not continue to lose elite juniors as occurred this year.
Sorry if you believe my continual care for the interests, opportunities, development and promotion of the juniors within the league to be a negative.

Point taken about supplying local papers with info and them not using it, as that is not unusual for local clubs also whom supply gameday reports which sometimes are and sometimes are not utilised etc, but was just stating that after the extensive buildup and promotion over a number of outlets of the NE v SW inter-division games within the league last year this years publicity was a bit of a let down TBH, taking into account JR and Foxy 2 weeks ago promoted exciting news for the league for the next weeks show only to be about late senior recruits for one club when the opportunity was there to promote our juniors from all the clubs in such a medium, and surely there was opportunity to have the promo brochure you mention on the league website?

As I stated, it was a great opportunity for those who were available and able to participate. It was great to watch some of the talented kids from around the various clubs showcase their skills, hopefully those still around next year and beyond will continue to have such and further opportunities. Hopefully they will be able to do so from within the league and not have to look elsewhere to pursue opportunities and development, and hopefully clubs whom remain with the league do not continue to lose elite juniors as occurred this year.
Sorry if you believe my continual care for the interests, opportunities, development and promotion of the juniors within the league to be a negative.
If you truly cared for the interests, development and promotion of juniors in the league you wouldn't be continually publicly tarnishising the league , member clubs and coaches with frivolous, at best, accusations.

I thought they were very good considering the opposition, the short preparation time , a number of unavailbilities for various reasons including injuries the prior day and given a number of players had played at least one game the previous day.
As in the past a few players showed a little more than they may have at their home club , whilst I'd suspect most will return to their club better for the experience.
Coaches were great and believe the league has plans to increase junior development somewhat like the program / academy from a few years ago and to include netball.

I agree with most of what you've said about the 17s side. And I think most of those who played would have enjoyed the experience. Considering the amount of kids who didn't put their hand up I think they battled well. But I think most kids played below what I would hope was their skill level.

I am curious as to if you expect those kids worthy of junior development will still be in the league if you don't reaffilliate

I agree with most of what you've said about the 17s side. And I think most of those who played would have enjoyed the experience. Considering the amount of kids who didn't put their hand up I think they battled well. But I think most kids played below what I would hope was their skill level.

I am curious as to if you expect those kids worthy of junior development will still be in the league if you don't reaffilliate
There will definately be kids in the PDFNL who deserve junior development next year and I'll go even further and say that there are a few kids who played on Saturday who could potentially play AFL.
For many years people have been saying a player has be ; the son of someone, this tall , play this way , go to this school or play here or you can't make this if you do this or play there.
Often such antics are used for recruiting including kids with uneducated parents.
History clearly shows that such commentary is BS, anyone can make it to AFL.
Including internationals with only gaelic footy or basketball backgrounds

There will definately be kids in the PDFNL who deserve junior development next year and I'll go even further and say that there are a few kids who played on Saturday who could potentially play AFL.
For many years people have been saying a player has be ; the son of someone, this tall , play this way , go to this school or play here or you can't make this if you do this or play there.
Often such antics are used for recruiting including kids with uneducated parents.
History clearly shows that such commentary is BS, anyone can make it to AFL.
Including internationals with only gaelic footy or basketball backgrounds

Very interesting, not to put any pressure on the kids. But what kids impressed you to such a degree that you think they could have such a bright future.

And I do agree with your point about people being fed the same tripe about how there is only one pathway

If you truly cared for the interests, development and promotion of juniors in the league you wouldn't be continually publicly tarnishising the league , member clubs and coaches with frivolous, at best, accusations.

Think on an opinion forum I am allowed to say IMO the promotion of these games could have been better and
think IMO the kids who did play and the coaches who coached did well
IMO can't see how that tarnishes the league etc

Think on an opinion forum I am allowed to say IMO the promotion of these games could have been better and
think IMO the kids who did play and the coaches who coached did well
IMO can't see how that tarnishes the league etc
This is the same sought of bullshit story others have been rolling out for years to try and recruit players , including to uneducated parents.

" Hopefully they will be able to do so from within the league and not have to look elsewhere to pursue opportunities and development, and hopefully clubs whom remain with the league do not continue to lose elite juniors as occurred this year. "

It is a load of BS.

This is the same sought of bullshit story others have been rolling out for years to try and recruit players , including to uneducated parents.

" Hopefully they will be able to do so from within the league and not have to look elsewhere to pursue opportunities and development, and hopefully clubs whom remain with the league do not continue to lose elite juniors as occurred this year. "

It is a load of BS.

Yip stand by that - I honestly hope the league does continue to regain strength and it would be great in fact if it could attract more talented juniors, get those who left this year back, having a return to a development system and a return to access to pathways beyond the local club and league surely would be a great positive step in that direction. Look forward to seeing just how this rolls out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back