Picola & District SE 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why have 13 out of 17 decided to stay? What is the motivation of AFLGM, is it only that the PDFNL is profitable? Does AFLGM support local businesses, ie who do they buy their trophies from? Does the AFLGM really send people to Gigarre, Avenel, Mathoura and Rennie? Why can't people and clubs stand up for their rights, and their community?
The PDFNL voted a board structure in about 5 years ago to make decisions on behalf of the whole league and its directors are required to do what they think is best for the league and have to put their club affiliations to the side! Clubs like Dookie, Mathoura, Shepp East until this year have never had a director, is that to their detriment.
Clubs just want to play footy and netball, decision made and good luck to Tunga, Shepp East, Katandra and Dookie in the Murray, Kyabram, Ovens and King or whichever league they end up in. Those clubs made their decision as did the other 13. We are not always on the winning side and clubs and their administrations will have to wear their decisions, either way. Those that have kept their members well informed have made thoughtful decisions. Let's just kick the Sherrin and hope its a goal, not uninformed keyboard sooks.

Why not vent your anger at kids being used as pawns by AfL because let’s face it the ONLY problem we all have is pathways.

It’s ridiculous the new way of control by AFL and if we don’t stand up to it we will be consumed by it.

If we all vented our anger at AFL House instead of the board we may get a win for country people.
WILTY , I admire your passion for the league but even you would have to admit that the board and their manager haven't handled this process well. The AFL do have their faults and I also believe that some areas of their administration needs attention, however their only intention is on improvement and betterment of the sport. Some people would say that the PDFNL management is self-serving. By attacking the AFL's every move or decision made, it actually lessens the impact you as a complainant has on the argument. You only serve to come across as aggressive or far too left wing if an opponent for your opinions to be taken seriously. My advice to you is, put your feet up, have a hot Milo and think about how you could have approached this in a less castigateing diatribe.

The only way we can eliminate despots in this world, is not to be peaceful about it, for that has been the case for many people that has caused the upheaval of such tyranny, nor we should turn the other way, but we must take appropriate actions to eliminate the thriving forces of such darkness in our world.”
ELW-Reta Barnes

What doesnt suit me? Ill tell youwhat doesnt suit me The fact that our club today were forced to make a decision today that meant losing a number of juniors and their familys. Its doesnt suit me that the board didnt even have enough respect for clubs to call a meeting to ask their opinions.

I dont understand how your club has not been informed. I have not been involved in any club the last 2 years and have known what has been going on. I am now back involved at Deni and we have had correspondance after correspondance from the league, Fred Henderson is one of the best blokes i have met and i am sure he has been keeping your club informed as to what has been going on.
Club committee's, league boards are elected to do whats best for the clubs and leagues within their control. I applaude our boards decision. There will be more leagues around the state follow suit soon.

So why have 13 out of 17 decided to stay? What is the motivation of AFLGM, is it only that the PDFNL is profitable? Does AFLGM support local businesses, ie who do they buy their trophies from? Does the AFLGM really send people to Gigarre, Avenel, Mathoura and Rennie? Why can't people and clubs stand up for their rights, and their community?
The PDFNL voted a board structure in about 5 years ago to make decisions on behalf of the whole league and its directors are required to do what they think is best for the league and have to put their club affiliations to the side! Clubs like Dookie, Mathoura, Shepp East until this year have never had a director, is that to their detriment.
Clubs just want to play footy and netball, decision made and good luck to Tunga, Shepp East, Katandra and Dookie in the Murray, Kyabram, Ovens and King or whichever league they end up in. Those clubs made their decision as did the other 13. We are not always on the winning side and clubs and their administrations will have to wear their decisions, either way. Those that have kept their members well informed have made thoughtful decisions. Let's just kick the Sherrin and hope its a goal, not uninformed keyboard sooks.
Well said!!

I dont understand how your club has not been informed. I have not been involved in any club the last 2 years and have known what has been going on. I am now back involved at Deni and we have had correspondance after correspondance from the league, Fred Henderson is one of the best blokes i have met and i am sure he has been keeping your club informed as to what has been going on.
Club committee's, league boards are elected to do whats best for the clubs and leagues within their control. I applaude our boards decision. There will be more leagues around the state follow suit soon.

So you applaude losing 4 clubs and not having junior pathways for our kids?

What a ridiculous question. No one is applauding that. Why are you being so judgemental of the Picola leagues refusal to compromise. But you have not once questioned AFL Goulburn Murray’s same stubbornness. They didn’t need to change the junior pathway, maybe they could have required them to pay JLT insurance as an addition to their league insurance but they didn’t have to deny them access to the squads. That was just a strategic corporate play so they could get what they want because it must be the best corporate result for them, not for the kids, the clubs or any league. That is the problem many clubs and leagues seem to have with the AFL administration of community clubs and it always will be because not for profit community entities goals run much deeper than money hungry corporate strategies. Well done to the PDFNL for sticking to your guns and not being held to ransom. It’s the best way to handle a bully and an intimidator and I’m sure many more of its victims will follow you in the seasons to come.

Never said i wasnt critical of the AFLgm but the result is the result and im affraid the damage that has been done will be irreversible. I understand everyone wanting to dig their heels in against the AFLGM however picking when to have your battles is as important as picking which battles to have. We would have had a much better chance of negotiating with the AFLgm from within the system.

Never said i wasnt critical of the AFLgm but the result is the result and im affraid the damage that has been done will be irreversible. I understand everyone wanting to dig their heels in against the AFLGM however picking when to have your battles is as important as picking which battles to have. We would have had a much better chance of negotiating with the AFLgm from within the system.

You think so? I guess we’re about to find out as AFL GM look to reallocate 4 clubs. Let’s see how much negotiating the future leagues for these clubs get to do. It will be very interesting.

Not having dig but on what basis do you think the league would have been in a better position to negotiate if in the system , which required the relinquishing of the umpires .
It could be argued that the purpose of wanting to get rid of the umpires was to have as a position of power , e.g. do or else you want have umpires.
All the points the league raised, that were rejected , appeared to be around retaining autonomy .

Definitely not, but the fact AFLVic are using our kids as the bait, surely shows they do not give a s**t about grassroots footy, our kids and footy in our region. Short term pain for long term gain. If we give in our kids won’t have football clubs to play at in the coming years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not having dig but on what basis do you think the league would have been in a better position to negotiate if in the system , which required the relinquishing of the umpires .
It could be argued that the purpose of wanting to get rid of the umpires was to have as a position of power , e.g. do or else you want have umpires.
All the points the league raised, that were rejected , appeared to be around retaining autonomy .

Bungaree commitee for one.

Bungaree commitee for one.
As a result of having deadlines applied the league was never going to be able to utilise the collective bargaining power that the Bungeree sub committee may or may not have.
It was mentioned around the time of the 2016 SE grand final that there was a push from a section to re-construct ' The Old Tungamah League ' after club felt it had lost control.
The same club you suggested a while back on here could just piss off or words to that affect.
I am not convinced this hasn't remained the driving force.

As a result of having deadlines applied the league was never going to be able to utilise the collective bargaining power that the Bungeree sub committee may or may not have.
It was mentioned around the time of the 2016 SE grand final that there was a push from a section to re-construct ' The Old Tungamah League ' after club felt it had lost control.
The same club you suggested a while back on here could just piss off or words to that affect.
I am not convinced this hasn't remained the driving force.

Not for 2018, but for for 2019, now we have no access to that power

If you weren’t such a negative nelly you might toy with the idea that pdfnl have just have started the process of setting themselves up with far more bargaining power in the future.

Personally I think in regards to playing itself in a position to negotiate the league had more to lose by accepting the non negotiable terms.

Umpires - trust lost gone and unable to restart
Insurance - $$'s insignificant but would be a lost of trust and unlikely to be able to be revisited.
Website - as per insurance
5ths comp - lost and unlikely to regain the momentum which has been built over 3 years.
Unknowns which seems to have been ignored.
Clubs bound to clubaffiliation agreements which haven't been provided.
New Player registration fees - were rolled out across many leagues a week or two ago.
Junior footy review - not yet released.

Take the measures that I suggest above that couldn't be revisited which have been used in the standard do or else documents others around the state have also recieved , along with the unknowns and I think your view point re signing for 12 months may be valid.
It concerns me that clubs have opted out without knowing they had somewhere to play. Whilst as late as last night, after their meeting with AFLGM, are suggesting they won't know if they have a home for another 4 days and at worst they will go into recess and are confident they can get the old Tungamah going again in 2019.
Alternatively they'll go wherever they can for 2018 with the intent to start the old Tungamah league in 2019 with Congupna , Rumba and Tallygaroopna.

Personally I think in regards to playing itself in a position to negotiate the league had more to lose by accepting the non negotiable terms.

Umpires - trust lost gone and unable to restart
Insurance - $$'s insignificant but would be a lost of trust and unlikely to be able to be revisited.
Website - as per insurance
5ths comp - lost and unlikely to regain the momentum which has been built over 3 years.
Unknowns which seems to have been ignored.
Clubs bound to clubaffiliation agreements which haven't been provided.
New Player registration fees - were rolled out across many leagues a week or two ago.
Junior footy review - not yet released.

Take the measures that I suggest above that couldn't be revisited which have been used in the standard do or else documents others around the state have also recieved , along with the unknowns and I think your view point re signing for 12 months may be valid.
It concerns me that clubs have opted out without knowing they had somewhere to play. Whilst as late as last night, after their meeting with AFLGM, are suggesting they won't know if they have a home for another 4 days and at worst they will go into recess and are confident they can get the old Tungamah going again in 2019.
Alternatively they'll go wherever they can for 2018 with the intent to start the old Tungamah league in 2019 with Congupna , Rumba and Tallygaroopna.

Heard offer was made to clubs by rep of MFL board that if 8 clubs left PDFNL they would provide admin for them to operate as a separate comp under their banner, if only 4 clubs they would incorporate them into their fixture - putting those clubs into the position of having benefits of affiliation without the control of AFL GM - as MFL were able to talk and had their agreement roll over unchanged for this season maintaining the control of their league - still confused as why pdfnl couldn't do the same. If umpires were the sticking point - rather petty two years down the track if differences still couldn't be resolved - time to grow up lads
And MFL are still in the loop to negotiate and be part of Bungaree sub committee.

Proud of all the clubs standing by their principles and telling the PDFNL board NO you can't treat us like
this and made the hard decision to leave, sympathy with those who acted on good faith from the fragmented information they were receiving and being told on multiple occassions the agreement was going to be signed and felt only option was to stay so close to the season

Heard offer was made to clubs by rep of MFL board that if 8 clubs left PDFNL they would provide admin for them to operate as a separate comp under their banner, if only 4 clubs they would incorporate them into their fixture - putting those clubs into the position of having benefits of affiliation without the control of AFL GM - as MFL were able to talk and had their agreement roll over unchanged for this season maintaining the control of their league - still confused as why pdfnl couldn't do the same. If umpires were the sticking point - rather petty two years down the track if differences still couldn't be resolved - time to grow up lads
And MFL are still in the loop to negotiate and be part of Bungaree sub committee.

Proud of all the clubs standing by their principles and telling the PDFNL board NO you can't treat us like
this and made the hard decision to leave, sympathy with those who acted on good faith from the fragmented information they were receiving and being told on multiple occassions the agreement was going to be signed and felt only option was to stay so close to the season
MFL do not have representation on the Bungeree sub committee .
Whilst I am not so sure they won't be forced to have their admin in AFLGM by season end. Your seriously mis-informed if you think everything is rosey between the MFL-AFLGM. The challenges the PDFNL has faced is a prelude to what is to come for the MFL and I'd suggest they are well aware of it.
Don't rule out MFL clubs being pissed off over what has happened and considering their options.

Has any club that’s decided to remain with the pdfl had any junior players/ family’s leave there club now because of not having the access to junior pathway

Has any club that’s decided to remain with the pdfl had any junior players/ family’s leave there club now because of not having the access to junior pathway

It is hard to fathom, a governing body like the AFL, who is all about grassroots football would hold clubs and leagues at ransom using the future of these kids. It just goes to show how they intend to do business into the future. Their business case is straight from Kim Jong-un's book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back