Picola & District South East 2010 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somone confirm for me.. Is Robert Osbourne from Shepp East injured or retired? I've watched a couple of games and haven't seen him.

Also I hear a wisper that Shepp East might find it hard to pick a side for Katamatite this weekend as a few are unavailble this week due to a mixed bag of reasons.

Well!!!! what would those reasons be Wheel? Please explain. I'm sure Besty will manage to get 21 on the magnet board. On Ozzie, I heard he has an interest in the trotters and is tossing up giving the oval ball away to concerntrate on the nags!! hahahahahaha:D:D

Also I see Nick Bertolli is back at Kat land. Will be a great pick up for them. Why did he leave Numurkah? They are looking the goods in the MFL.

Well!!!! what would those reasons be Wheel? Please explain. I'm sure Besty will manage to get 21 on the magnet board. On Ozzie, I heard he has an interest in the trotters and is tossing up giving the oval ball away to concerntrate on the nags!! hahahahahaha:D:D

Also I see Nick Bertolli is back at Kat land. Will be a great pick up for them. Why did he leave Numurkah? They are looking the goods in the MFL.

Just heard Shepp East have a few injuries that's all nuts. Yeah 21 players in the ones 12 in the poo's.
Ha ha so does ozzie have any other hobbies other than the nags? Maybe volleyball or squash. I heard he's a mean squash player..!:thumbsu: Has he played a game this year for the East?

Kattamatite may have a big out for a big game against shepp east this weekend, I have just heard the young gun Nichol Clurey will be unavailbe for play due to his commitments with the gold coast side. He is attending a training camp in qld

I don't have any info on Bertolli. Maybe flag or balls will be able to advise.

Yep, Boata took to the park last week. Great get for us. Slotted back into CHB and played a top game. Not entirely sure of his reasons for leaving... probably just wanted to play for the best club around??? :D

Yep, Boata took to the park last week. Great get for us. Slotted back into CHB and played a top game. Not entirely sure of his reasons for leaving... probably just wanted to play for the best club around??? :D

Well we know it wouldn't be for coin! The Kats are the only club in existance that don't shell out to their players Hey Flag! :D They must have used Rochy of the early 90's & Tat in the late 90's as their model coz everyone knows they didn't pay players either:eek:
Will be handy pick up tho!
Who plays who this week? & tips

Yeah ramnuts - pretty happy with the boys. Rapt for the coach Leigh too. A pretty good way to open his account as club coach with a win to break a 40 game streak! Assistant Coach Bomber Thomson looks to have adjusted to the pace of the comp too with his efforts on Saturday.

Hey WJ, the coach came to you blokes with pretty big wraps, are we starting to see him step up to the plate in regard to what the hype was about? What do ya reckon his strengths are on the field and in the coaches box? He must have a bit of mojo, cos as someone said earlier on the thread, not all the guys recruited to the club over summer were gunna be stars in the ones, so he must be getting a bit extra out of the ones that were there last year for them to topple a side like tunga!

well we know it wouldn't be for coin! The kats are the only club in existance that don't shell out to their players hey flag! :d they must have used rochy of the early 90's & tat in the late 90's as their model coz everyone knows they didn't pay players either:eek:
Will be handy pick up tho!
Who plays who this week? & tips

:d:d:d

I don't have any info on Bertolli. Maybe flag or balls will be able to advise.

Was dropped to the twos and put in a clearance that night back to Katandra as he couldnt see himself getting back in the ones. Great bloke and will be missed at Numurkah. Unfortunate way for him to go but thats football and Im sure the drop back to PDFL will suit him

Hey WJ, the coach came to you blokes with pretty big wraps, are we starting to see him step up to the plate in regard to what the hype was about? What do ya reckon his strengths are on the field and in the coaches box? He must have a bit of mojo, cos as someone said earlier on the thread, not all the guys recruited to the club over summer were gunna be stars in the ones, so he must be getting a bit extra out of the ones that were there last year for them to topple a side like tunga![/quote]

Ramballs - the coach stepped up to the plate from the moment he committed last November! I can't say a lot about his strengths on the field because he picked up an injury in Round 1. But with 200 games in the O&M we know he can get a kick. The previous 4 Rennie Coaches have all been 1st timers with little or no success! 3 of them good footy people but with not a lot to work with. Last year's coach nearly wrecked the place before he was moved on in June. So Rennie are coming from a long long way back. At the end of last year Rennie needed someone with a playing/coaching profile preferably from Yarra/Mul, we needed 4 or 5 decent additional footballers to start matching all the other teams, we needed a decent preseason, some structure on the field and some discipline off it (better eating, fluids, less grog). The coach has brought us that. Rennie had some good footballers but our bottom 6 or 7 in the 1sts were ordinary. We now at least have 5 or 6 blokes that can come up from the 2nds and do a job for us. We haven't had that in years. But, we don't expect to break any records this year. We would be very happy to slip into the finals. But we have to get over some good teams like Katty and the Kats who I see as competing with us for 4th or 5th. Anyway, we're rapt with the progress of the coach and his team. It's no so much about wins and losses in 2010. We are just aiming to improve across all areas within the club so that blokes are busting their guts to want to play with us in the next year or two. That's the plan anyway mate!

Well whispering, whetever he is doing, I'd say you want him to keep it up. The hopper juggernaut keeps climbing. Good result to win at the land of the flies.
I'll say it again, great even comp and can only be good for footy. If your not on your game anyone can knock you off!

Was dropped to the twos and put in a clearance that night back to Katandra as he couldnt see himself getting back in the ones. Great bloke and will be missed at Numurkah. Unfortunate way for him to go but thats football and Im sure the drop back to PDFL will suit him

Not disputing that he mightn't be a good bloke, but fair dinkum thats a bit of a cop out! What ever happened to going back to the midday show and turning it on and forcing them to pick you. Seems easier in this day and age just to move on to somewhere where the fish and the pond are a little smaller.:confused:
No doubt he will be a welcomed inclusion to the Kats side, but seriously, why wouldn't you want to try and get into a side that look, at this stage, at possibly having a shot at a flag in more senior league. Or is wanting yo play footy at the highest standard something they did in the old days?

Not disputing that he mightn't be a good bloke, but fair dinkum thats a bit of a cop out! What ever happened to going back to the midday show and turning it on and forcing them to pick you. Seems easier in this day and age just to move on to somewhere where the fish and the pond are a little smaller.:confused:
No doubt he will be a welcomed inclusion to the Kats side, but seriously, why wouldn't you want to try and get into a side that look, at this stage, at possibly having a shot at a flag in more senior league. Or is wanting yo play footy at the highest standard something they did in the old days?

wouldve been pretty hard getting back into a team like that and ecspecially when they still have a couple of big names to come into the side he wouldve been waisting his time playin 2s out there :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People have got to realise Tungamah is no side they were last year, they are still good this year but to lose as many players as we did is pretty hard, we were many goals ahead of everyone last year and before that, but don't think that just because tungamah lost and teams are getting closer that the sides this year could of beat us last year, everyone has there highs and lows, tungamah just had a slight fall from last year.

People have got to realise Tungamah is no side they were last year, they are still good this year but to lose as many players as we did is pretty hard, we were many goals ahead of everyone last year and before that, but don't think that just because tungamah lost and teams are getting closer that the sides this year could of beat us last year, everyone has there highs and lows, tungamah just had a slight fall from last year.

Underestimate the bears at your own peril I say!

A slight fall bullet or a tighten up of finances? I think everybody on here has payed due respect to the teams tunga had last year and nobody has compared any team this year to them as it isnt possible to make an accurate judgement on different teams in different years.
Paying the money out that tunga did is never going to be a long term thing and talking to a few of the tunga boys expect another big group of departures at the conclusion of this year. Loyalty only travels so far when players are not happy with the direction the clubs heading. Good to see you defending your club but cannot see any reason to
icon5.gif

A slight fall bullet or a tighten up of finances? I think everybody on here has payed due respect to the teams tunga had last year and nobody has compared any team this year to them as it isnt possible to make an accurate judgement on different teams in different years.
Paying the money out that tunga did is never going to be a long term thing and talking to a few of the tunga boys expect another big group of departures at the conclusion of this year. Loyalty only travels so far when players are not happy with the direction the clubs heading. Good to see you defending your club but cannot see any reason to
icon5.gif

What's meant by that statement uppercut??? Is there some politics going on out there or is it just that Tunga's direction is dropping down the ladder a bit over the next few years?

Tunga are still a very good side who on their day will beat any side this year. But, no they're not the team they were last year. We'd all be hoping that our club could have a run like the Bears have had the last 3 years. Success rarely comes cheap. They can afford to reduce the spending the next few years because they have built up such a solid base through all the grades to ensure they will be competitive for the next 2 or 3 years. They should be admired for their achievements, not bagged.

And anyone who criticises what other clubs are spending to get success are kidding themselves if they think their own mob isn't or hasn't done the same in the past. The club who spends the most $ won't necessarily win the flag but they will be right up there. The club that wins the flag tends to spend it wisely on the right type (and quality) of player and person. Tunga have managed to do that the last couple of years and good on them.

What's meant by that statement uppercut??? Is there some politics going on out there or is it just that Tunga's direction is dropping down the ladder a bit over the next few years?

Tunga are still a very good side who on their day will beat any side this year. But, no they're not the team they were last year. We'd all be hoping that our club could have a run like the Bears have had the last 3 years. Success rarely comes cheap. They can afford to reduce the spending the next few years because they have built up such a solid base through all the grades to ensure they will be competitive for the next 2 or 3 years. They should be admired for their achievements, not bagged.

And anyone who criticises what other clubs are spending to get success are kidding themselves if they think their own mob isn't or hasn't done the same in the past. The club who spends the most $ won't necessarily win the flag but they will be right up there. The club that wins the flag tends to spend it wisely on the right type (and quality) of player and person. Tunga have managed to do that the last couple of years and good on them.

Exactly right.

I in no way intended to bag tungamah for their achievements just stating the facts that bankrolling premierships isnt economically sustainable, I actually admire the way they went about it the last couple of years creating a winning culture.
Thankyou for setting me straight on behalf of tungamah but coming on here and giving us all a sob story about how many players they lost and thats why they lost one game against rennie isnt really paying the rennie players the recognition they deserve for the work they have done is it WJ but that isnt unusual.
I havnt been living under a rock WJ I know that most clubs need to spend big money to be successful these days and with a lot of average players putting big price tags on their heads plenty of homework has to be done before pen hits paper.

while i dont know much about which clubs are paying money, i think that the amount of money that some players are getting from clubs when they are a 1 or 2 year players at a club is killing country football leagues such as our own. To win a flag in country footy u have to save your money (by running good social functions) develop the young players you have to a certain standard where you need to only recruit the right four or five players and have a good crack at a flag

Not having a go at you uppercut. I was just getting in early with a general comment about how ALL clubs hand out the $ before anyone jumped on and started preaching from the moral high ground about how their club doesn't pay the dollar out. I know one club some of whose member's have had a dig at my mob about spending $. Funny thing is, we spoke to one or two of their blokes, made offers based on their ability, only for them to take far better (and over the odds) offer from that club. Not going to start a blue by naming them or the club. And we have picked up players over the years because we outbidded other clubs. Just making the point that is pretty common through all the clubs in this comp.

Not having a go at you uppercut. I was just getting in early with a general comment about how ALL clubs hand out the $ before anyone jumped on and started preaching from the moral high ground about how their club doesn't pay the dollar out. I know one club some of whose member's have had a dig at my mob about spending $. Funny thing is, we spoke to one or two of their blokes, made offers based on their ability, only for them to take far better (and over the odds) offer from that club. Not going to start a blue by naming them or the club. And we have picked up players over the years because we outbidded other clubs. Just making the point that is pretty common through all the clubs in this comp.

Fair enough WJ although it seems like BIGWHEEL beat you to it with the whole dont pay players comment, these days its pretty tough to develop local players when there is 4 clubs in the area that all class the same kids as locals and the farming life just doesnt have the same appeal that it used to.

In football these days its very rare that a club wont have paid players and win flags it is as simple as that!! (yes katandra i know you dont fork out but if you did maybe there wouldnt have been so many 2nds) who knows, but i do think it is cruical when you are spending as a coach and club that you make sure you get it right with your recruits and get what you need rather than 7 on ballers and no backs or forwards!!!!! WJ has obviously recruited quality at rennie and it is showing in there results and i can see them finishing top 3 and if the group sticks together they will have success??? :footy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back