Review Player Ratings Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep and as much as we loved to smash the Roos, that was the WORST possible prelim. You want a tough prelim.

I dunno maybe, maybe not, dont think it matters? You telling me we were s**t because north made it too easy and kept us fresh? But i also get what u mean

Seriously mate!

Support the club & players.

No, I feel the same way. I am very attached to our players and don't normally want to see any of them delisted or traded, even when it's time, but that effort damaged my view of him (and a lot of other players on the team) to the point where my attitude is "meh". If we can trade Jetta for someone who gives a s**t, I'm in.

No, I feel the same way. I am very attached to our players and don't normally want to see any of them delisted or traded, even when it's time, but that effort damaged my view of him (and a lot of other players on the team) to the point where my attitude is "meh". If we can trade Jetta for someone who gives a s**t, I'm in.
The entire list bar about 5 and quite a few support staff should be on notice.

I am not saying get rid of everything, don't get me wrong, but a lot of people lost the right to be able to choose their destiny so to speak.

No one should be safe or sacrosanct - the way it should be.

I dunno maybe, maybe not, dont think it matters? You telling me we were s**t because north made it too easy and kept us fresh? But i also get what u mean

You sort of want a hard prelim, especially in our situation. Easy match against the Bulldogs, resting against the Tigers, comfortable win against Freo, and a thrashing against the Roos. For mine that is too soft a run coming in. Hawthorn had the better prep for a GF.

Interesting lots of opposition supporters say the same i thought he was partially responsible for giving them easy goals due to horrific kick ins.
He did get a lot of ball but the Hawks were swarming and no-one seemed to run for him. I thought his game was OK.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy and goodes only players who didn't go into their shells and give up during the game.
Serious questions over our co-captains ability to lead onfield as they were some of the biggest passengers.
Thought bird did well also and Reid and McGlynn were the worst for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ill give it a go. Opinions of my own.

Franklin - Showed why swans paid the big bucks. By far Sydney's best. Couldn't of done much more. Beat hawks defenders in the air. 7
Kennedy - Only midfielder to really get out of first gear. 5
Goodes - Tried his best. Caused a few headaches at times. Probably played his last game. 4.5
Tippett - Marking wise, competed & present well. Disposal was absolutely atrocious. 4
Malceski - Swans best Def. Only one who handled the heat down back. Few kicks let him down. 5
Richards - Beaten on the day. wasn't helped with the constant balls in from hawks. 4
Smith - No repeat of his shut down of Rioli 2 years ago. Beaten by a few hawks this year. 3.5
Grundy - Battled hard. Should of swallowed that one in the first. Took some nice grabs late, but to little to late. 4.5
Rampe - Little impact. Well and truly beaten. Not up do this level yet. 2
Rohan - Had zero run & no impact. Gift to Hodge in the 2nd summed up his day. 2
Mcveigh - Co Captain went missing. Worst game for some time. Poor 3
Hannerbery - On the end of a few big hits early. Day didn't improve from there. 3
Jetta - Will go down as one of the worst GF performances. No intensity, no run. Didn't look interested. Even that concussion off McEvoy looked soft. 1
Reid - Clearly still injured. Wouldn't of mattered though. Ordinary down back or up forward. 2
Shaw - Got plenty of the ball. When it came to hitting a target, Couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. 4
Jack - Looked very nervous. Had a couple of chances deep forward but messed them up. Couldn't fault his effort. 4.5
Mcglynn - The "wildcard". For a bloke who missed out 2 years ago & was shattered, would of thought he would make the most of this. Didn't 3
Pyke - Won his fair share of hit outs but beaten around the ground. 4
Lloyd - The kid was Ok, Considering the big step up from NEAFL. Didn't get much of the footy. Subbed out when game was already stitched up. 3
Parker - Didn't live up to the hype of recent weeks. Again worst game for quite some time. 3
Cunningham - Barely sighted. Not much more i can add to that. 2
Bird - Came on and competed with some intensity. Could of used him from the get go. Couldn't expect much more coming on as a sub in a game like that. 3

Last edited:
Buddy and goodes only players who didn't go into their shells and give up during the game.
Serious questions over our co-captains ability to lead onfield as they were some of the biggest passengers.
Thought bird did well also and Reid and McGlynn were the worst for us

I thought Parker was probably the worst. Completely unsighted except for a few cameos where he collapsed under a pack, though I suspect he was lying there long before the pack formed. McGlynn was supposed to come out breathing fire but had obviously taken his anger management course too seriously.

I got the feeling our boys were saving themselves for the big one. Did the words 'Grand Final' not sink in ?

I blame this board too. Most of all I blame Bedford. It's all his fault.

I thought Parker was probably the worst. Completely unsighted except for a few cameos where he collapsed under a pack, though I suspect he was lying there long before the pack formed. McGlynn was supposed to come out breathing fire but had obviously taken his anger management course too seriously.

I got the feeling our boys were saving themselves for the big one. Did the words 'Grand Final' not sink in ?

It is as I was too confident and I never am

Guess it's a photo finish on who our worst were but kind of forgiving on parker due to his age, the year he already had and the way the rest of the midfield went.
McGlynn standing still waiting for Rohans kick out sums up why I put him bottom two for performances, completely gave up at that point and wasn't interested.

Was nervous as hell about this game and having to stand there at the ground surrounded by hawks fans til final siren has left serious bad taste lol. On the upside I guess this will be the lesson to go one better next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back