Player Sponsors Event - Rd 10 v Freo - Saturday, 18th of May 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

You know the drill sponsors, please reply if your keen to go and we will raffle the tix off if more than 2 sponsors are keen:

The St Kilda Football Club is delighted to host you at The Lounge for our Round 10 Sir Doug Nicholls match against Fremantle in the Horizon Room. Soak in the Saints game day in style with a premium cocktail dining experience.

Date
Saturday, 18th of May 2024

Time
Gates Open and Event Starts: 5:30PM
Match Time: 7:30PM

Venue
Marvel Stadium
Horizon Room

Dress Code
Smart Casual Attire
No ripped denim or runners permitted.

Alrighty, Not sure how much people want to know with the result of the game but I'll try.

True Believer was a super late out so I had a mate who is Dougal Howard's sponsor come along with me in the end.

Rocked up to the Lounge and what a room, nice view of the west end of the city from the 15m tall windows.
The foodies would be happy to know that there was 2 different buffet style tables, the first was a American barbeque table with brisket, pulled pork, mac and cheese and all the trimmings.
2nd table was yum cha table with an assortment of options that I didn’t actual partake in it.
The usual snag rolls and scones at half time

Thankfully we were able to have the 4Pines pacific ales to keep me away from the always average at best Great Northern or Draught options.

MC started the evening off talking about the significance of Sir Doug Nicolls round to her as an indigenous person.
Lenny Hayes and Isaac Keeler were the speakers and Isaac spoke very well about his background, how he embraces his culture and then on his move from ruck/fwd to KPD this year, said Ross told him about the move first preseason session and he got on with it from there but it is very different.

Lenny said hopefully we move the ball quicker tonight (I’d say that was a no!) and Pou would play mostly mid and while I think Pou did play a bit of mid, didn’t seem to be ‘mostly’ in there to me, although tbh my anger in the second half might of taken my focus off Pou a little.

Overall nice room, worth a visit if you get the chance, food good, pacific ale good (was driving home from train so could only have a couple unfortunately with the way we played!) but everyone knows how the game went……

Remove this Banner Ad

Back