Sponsored BigFooty St.Kilda Board Player Sponsors Event 2 - Spud's game

Remove this Banner Ad

Gday all,

2nd event is planned already, you know the drill reply if your interested:

The St Kilda Football Club is delighted to host you at Spud's Game: The Official Match Day Function for our Round 2 face-off against Collingwood at the MCG. As we embark on our 4th annual Spud's Game, we're proud to elevate the conversation around Mental Health to the big stage and invite you to join us in championing this cause.

(Entitled to 2 Tickets)

Date

Thursday, 21st of March 2024

Time

Gates Open: 5:30PM

Function Start Time: 5:30PM

Match Time: 7:30PM

Venue

Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)

Dress Code

Neat Casual Attire

No ripped denim or runners permitted.

Count me in the draw (not entirely sure how winners for events are decided actually) for this one - I already organised the timing of an interstate trip for work around being back in Melbourne the day before the game!!
if we have more than 2 sponsors keen I do a raffle based on the people keen and the amount of shares they have, random number generator decides the winners!

if we have more than 2 sponsors keen I do a raffle based on the people keen and the amount of shares they have, random number generator decides the winners!
OK, I heard "blah, blah, blah, IT techie speak, blah, blah, blah".

But I appreciate your efforts, and I'm in, and keen as mustard!

I'm off now to google "random number generator"......

OK, so I am reliably informed that my attendance at said event invokes an obligation to provide a report! Had I known at the time that my generous donation would bring with it an obligation to fulfil a role as a journalist, I may well have requested a discount!!

Moving on from that, having attended other player sponsor events at Marvel - the comparison is stark! The Olympic room is so much larger and so much better suited to hosting corporate events.

There was a late out to our line-up, so a quick shout out to Boydie, who I hope won't mind me mentioning this on the forum. Boydie, I trust your little one is doing well and if not back at home already is close to getting there? Unfortunately, Boydie ended up with a child in hospital, so obviously did not make it last night. Instead at the last minute, my brother stepped in to the empty slot, selflessly drinking free beer, eating free food watching the game from great seats! (thank you for your service Bro).

The food was great, a buffet set up with food stations. There was a Yum Cha station with dimmies and dumplings etc, a smoked station with brisket, pulled pork coleslaw etc (so, make your own sliders!) and something else. I can't tell you what the other stations were because we set up base camp beside the smoked station and did our bit to make sure it didn't go to waste!! In fact we were strategically positioned exactly between the bar and the smoked station - it was a real estate coup!!

Hamish MacLoughlin MC'd and they had Jake Batchelor and Damien Carroll give a quick talk, Chelsea Frawley give a speech on the DFC, and the CEO of AIA (the new Psychology services partner of the DFC) gave a quick speech. Any video of Spud (they ran a quick video), always gets to me emotionally.

HEADS THAT YOU KNOW - Eric Bana and Mark Webber in a prolonged conversation beside us. Lots of past players (Jason Blake, Kosi, Paddy Ryder, a Wakelin twin), the club president spent time talking with a funny guy sharing our table who had stolen meat pies off a catering guy in the lift, on his way into a catered function! It takes all types.....

Biggest Disappointment - My brother told me, after the fact, that Razor Ray had just gone past us!! We were right beside the smoked food station, fully equipped with knives and forks, and yet Ray made it away without a scratch on him!! If I have to grab a last-minute ring-in again, my brother just uninvited himself!

Meeting Forumites - In a very pleasant turn of events, the Saintsational player sponsor attendee (Kosifantutti) who ran their sponsorship for a period of time, saw from this thread that I was attending, contacted me, and we managed to meet up for the first time. A good guy and it just added to a great evening!!

20240321_173645.jpg

20240321_180049.jpg

20240321_192705.jpg

HEADS THAT YOU KNOW - Eric Bana and Mark Webber in a prolonged conversation beside us. Lots of past players (Jason Blake , Kosi, Paddy Ryder, a Wakelin twin), the club president spent time talking with a funny guy sharing our table who had stolen meat pies off a catering guy in the lift, on his way into a catered function! It takes all types.....
Fancy pinching party pies off the catering crew in the lift.....that's outrageous...!!!!!!!

:)

Have to say tho.....that's very very funny !!!!!!!

Gold actually ......;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back