Sponsored Saints BigFooty Player Sponsors event - Best and Fairest

Remove this Banner Ad

The B&F I went to was the first time I ever had scallops, it s=tasted just like I imagined also since I am not a big fish eater, but yeah, given I've been involved at club things locally before it was just a bigger version, slightly less scantily clad women and more suits and proper attire and better drinks.

Hey guys I’ve got a double pass here that I can’t use being in WA happy to sell them for $400 the pair ($100 saving) if interested send me a message…
The money from this will go to The Western Saints supporter group..

Goodie and Sammm. Wear something wild that stands out so we can see you on the broadcast
eg…

PGpMCSu.gif

Not sure what to put into a report about the night as the event was livestreamed, I've already posted a few photos and comments, didn't manage to talk to any players and it was probably the most uneventful B&F I've been to. Being a Monday night, didn't stay that late. But here goes:

Got there a bit after 7, first port of call was to grab a drink, second was to look at the silent auction. Fortunately there wasn't a prize for handing in the form early (read my report on the 2018 B&F to understand why), and nothing really caught my eye. There were also choc footies for sale for $50 each, some with a prize inside. Caught up with Saint Watto for the first time that night - just as well as the main other face I recognised was someone I preferred to avoid.

Went in and found my seat, not sure who you lot offended at some stage this year but we were shunted right out on the far edge near the back. sammm wound up on the other side of the table.

Entree was served pretty early, gnocchi with a pretty bland filling. Then Alicia began the thankless job of trying to get the room's attention. An extended acknowledgement of country, Bassatt telling us he'd be brief over and over, Ross being Ross, then Jack Sinclair's non-speech as the Sainter of the Year. Then the in memorium which seemed a little off with the timing, possibly because it was scheduled for after mains.

Had a decent chat to the supporter to my right, a consultant arborist of all things. She may have explained what that exactly means but I was two beers in at this point. A few times pretty young ladies came around to flog the silent auction or $50 choc footies but had little luck with our table.

I got the chicken for main which tasted like chicken, didn't pay attention to the vegetation around it. Was tempted to swap for the beef tenderloin but not a fan of mushrooms.

Alicia shushed the crowd again, Steeley spoke, a good effort but a bit stiff. The first 12 rounds of votes were shown, Wilkie and Sinclair were tied for first at the 6 and 12 round mark. The room approved of Owens and Nas being jointly awarded youngsters of the year - reckon there'll be some good friendly competition for years to come between Mitch, Nas and Windy. Satan did his thing and introduced our new sponsor, then the cars were unveiled at the back of the room.

Had a look at the cars, which all looked like formulaic four wheel drives I'd never buy, then went back for dessert. Smashed down the fondant and got into my third beer. The room was unsurprised Wilkie got Trademark but quite surprised Big Tom Campbell was Clubman. The vote count was brought to the inevitable close as Sinclair skipped ahead - rather pointlessly they showed the votes from the end of the H&A season, then the votes after the final. Anyone who listed to how the votes worked and could do maths already knew the top 5.

The top three were announced, a toast to Sincs, speech. Common thread amongst the speeches is "we want a bloody premiership already".

The night just kind of died after that, sammm left before me but not much happened after. Had a chat to Saint Watto before having to exit.
goodie23 report - was originally posted in the BNF thread but just in case the sponsors didnt see it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back