players used

Remove this Banner Ad

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
players used for the year, by my calcs - 36.

equal third highest, well fifth highest if you count GC and GWS which I dont.

freo used 40, melb 37 or 38 I think.

Another "to do" ticked off by sando and the crows. Good to have looked at so many players despite having a very good season. 5 debutants as well.

Still two more players demanding a look too - tambo and johnston.

Edit - make that 3, laird, though a rookie, would deserve a look in a dead game at the end of the season if we can create one.

Based on the stats I've seen, I'd definitely love to see them give Laird a go. Looks promising. Perhaps in the Gold Coast clash in the final round of the season?

Sando did say right from the start he wanted to blood a variety of players, so it's good to see he's lived up to his word. Considering the amount used, it's also good to see we've maintained good form throughout the season. We love Sando!

Where did you get the figure of 36 from? Final Siren says we've used 34 players so far - 8 of whom have played all 16 games, another 4 having missed just one game. At the other end of the scale, Kerridge, Brown, Symes* and McIntyre have only played one game each. Luke Thompson will be our 35th player used this year.

* Symes has been named to play his 2nd game this week.

Having half our team play 15-16 games is a massive advantage. Although we've had quite a few injuries in the last month or so, they've all been at the bottom end of our list. Tippett (concussion) and Walker (suspension) have been the only senior players MIA for any prolonged period.

Based on the stats I've seen, I'd definitely love to see them give Laird a go. Looks promising. Perhaps in the Gold Coast clash in the final round of the season?

Sando did say right from the start he wanted to blood a variety of players, so it's good to see he's lived up to his word. Considering the amount used, it's also good to see we've maintained good form throughout the season. We love Sando!

That game could go 1 of 2 ways. Assuming we have a top 4/2 spot sewn up, we may rest quite a few blokes. Or, we may decide to put our best team on the park and practise our structures against some moving witches hats. While a win is always good, may not be our number 1 priority at that point of the season.

Where did you get the figure of 36 from? Final Siren says we've used 34 players so far - 8 of whom have played all 16 games, another 4 having missed just one game. At the other end of the scale, Kerridge, Brown, Symes* and McIntyre have only played one game each. Luke Thompson will be our 35th player used this year.

* Symes has been named to play his 2nd game this week.

Having half our team play 15-16 games is a massive advantage. Although we've had quite a few injuries in the last month or so, they've all been at the bottom end of our list. Tippett (concussion) and Walker (suspension) have been the only senior players MIA for any prolonged period.

The article on AFL website had us at 34, since then add luke thompson so 35. However, when I did my own tally I got 36, pretty sure I didnt double count or anything like that. Gotta go out but i'll check it again later and post up the list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back