Players who have gone on one year too long

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has gone on a few too many seasons tbh.

I'd give my left nut to even train at an afl club let alone play a game let alone be accused of trying to play too many.

In a football world obsessed with unproven youth surely we can be better advocates for older blokes who at 50% will provide 10x better service than a skinny 18 year old.

Nah it's a fun thread.

I'd give my left nut to even train at an afl club let alone play a game let alone be accused of trying to play too many.

In a football world obsessed with unproven youth surely we can be better advocates for older blokes who at 50% will provide 10x better service than a skinny 18 year old.

It's like any industry mate, the older generation need to recognise when to move on and let the next generation through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cotchin should have retired last season, Dimma really should have tapped him on the shoulder.

I think Jack Riewoldt still has a little gas left in the tank.

Robbie Tarrant a poor recruiting top up decision.

Dusty was fine first up. Kicking was as damaging as ever, and still untackleable. Any mention of his name in this thread is 3-4 years premature.
Spot on. Still damaging in his disposal and led Richmond for disposals. The fact that the rest of them didn't play to a better standard isn't a patch on him.

Riewoldt looked like the rot had set in late last year and now he's absolutely struggling. I think the hope would be that he's a 3rd/4th target at best, but I reckon that just hurts the future by not giving a kid a go.

Cotchin..... this one hurts, but he hasn't been the same player for the last few years. Last night he was actually putrid. 14 touches at 36% efficiency from 75% game time playing primarily in the centre square....... I'm sorry Trent, you've been a champion and will be remembered fondly but it's time to go.

Edwards, I want to see a bit more of him. Was good in patches last night and had 3 score involvements from 14 touches going at 87%. I'd rate that a 5 or 6 out of 10 for most half forward. He's not yet in the category of Cotchin/Riewoldt.... yet.

Looked terrible last night, don't think his mind is in it any more. Don't think he can contribute to a Richmond side that is sliding. Always was a front way runner.

Your wrong there.

Dusty looked fine to me if anything he didn't look like he has missed a beat since his kidney injury imo

Yep; judging all time great players by their past standards is one thing, but would be a massive stretch to say Richmond would be better if their aging stars had all retired end of 2021.

Probably would of consigned them to bottom 2.

Looked terrible last night, don't think his mind is in it any more. Don't think he can contribute to a Richmond side that is sliding. Always was a front way runner.
Thought Dusty was pretty good, and in his defence Richmond built entire game plan based around him running forward of the play. Just in the past they were good enough to cover it coming back the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back