Players you are surprised are still on an AFL list

Remove this Banner Ad

Gary Rohan deserves a mention here.

Been on a list for 15 years. Cannot believe that. Fair play to him
15 years of being bog average, but being better at it than anyone else.

Every year has averaged between 8 and 11 disposals. Has cracked 20 disposals in a game only twice in his career.
Only once kicked more than 25 goals in a year.
Has gone goalless in more than third of his games.

Will likely retire with 200 games and a premiership. All power to him.

Just him and Swallow still there?

Then, what, Dixon, Lynch, Prestia, McKenzie?
Steven May?
Saw Aaron Francis tonight... Surprised twice that he is still around but also surprised he is getting a game at Sydney who bat deep
Yeah, I mentioned him on this thread a few weeks back when his named popped up on their emergencies. Caught me by surprise as well.

O’Meara. Was going to be the goat when he was drafted. Yes, had some injuries but he has never showed anything and has been at 3 clubs now.
That’s underselling it a bit. He basically lost three years 2015, 2016 he didn’t play, 2017 he played 6 games. He has been very good in his first two years prior to that. His knees were ruined and never had the speed/explosiveness again.

I thought Dylan Shiel had retired, turns out he's just playing VFL.

Wouldn’t imagine he’d find himself back in the side any time soon though?

I’m hoping we can still get something out of him.

He started off last year as one of our best players before a series of weird injuries had him looking terrible.

Not sure it’ll be at Essendon but I reckon he’s actually got plenty of footy left in him.

Charlie Dixon absolutely cooked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was looking at an AFL injury list website the other day and saw Sydney swans player Sam Reid listed as injured return TBC... WTF didn't he retire like 2 years ago ? Surely Buddy would be more value on the list. The Reid boys are cursed with bodies made of paper mache.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back