Opinion Playing for frees - it's now a big part of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Like Rozee the other week.

Bloke went down like he'd been shot. Close game...nah no need for a HIA. :rolleyes:
Rozee goes down like he's been seriously injured every time he is tackled.

If he has momentum, he ensures he hits the ground flat and lays his head flat on the ground like he's out cold. Only to jump up once the whistle is inevitably blown. If he is tackled from behind, he drives forward and lands splayed out like he's been hit in the back by a truck.
It's almost impossible for the onfield umpire to know, so they should be fined/suspended.

So it’s not changed at all? You don’t see any increase in the number of players doing it … or the frequency of it?
Players have been playing for free kicks since the dawn of time. The only thing different now is that there is an entire cottage industry built around telling facebook-deranged boomers that the only reason their team is losing is because footy isn't like it used to be.

Interloper you are probably right … it’s old people like me that are the problem. Maybe you struggle to hold your attention on the game for long periods? Or maybe you can’t take your eyes off your phone and just look up when the crowd cheers - must be tough for whipper snappers like tossing nowadays being so distracted all the time?
Kids these days always be on that phone. Lucky I've got a wifi... A WIFE I HATE! 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back