PS5 PlayStation 5 - November 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should’ve done something similar to what Xbox has done with smart delivery.
"Smart delivery" is just a marketing term. Everything is up to the discretion of the publisher. Not all games are doing "smart delivery".

And not all games will have next-gen upgrades, some are purely that you have to buy the next-gen version to get the next-gen upgrade.

Apparently 99% of PS4 Games are backwards compatible with PS5. Does anyone know whether Sony has stated which games are in the 1% that are not?

If they are games I intend on playing, I'd like to play them over the next few months before trading in the PS4.
Im sure all games will work, just seems weird 1% wouldnt if they're all using the same form of legacy mode

xCloud, Stadia and now Luna. Hard to see the market accommodating all of them. Will be interesting to see which one(s) win out.
Hard to see the Xbox fanbase ditching xCloud for those two services even if its the worst of the bunch

Theres also PS Now which currently has PS1-PS3 games via streaming on PS4 & PC

Im sure all games will work, just seems weird 1% wouldnt if they're all using the same form of legacy mode

Hard to see the Xbox fanbase ditching xCloud for those two services even if its the worst of the bunch

Streaming, yuck.

1% is just to cover their base in case one game doesn't work, it's not a real number.

My fear which apparently makes me cancer, Microsoft buying Bethesda has opened pandora's box, Amazon has roughly 50 billion in available cash they just like Microsoft will price competition out of the market Disney style. I fully expect Google and Amazon to open their wallets and start buying companies likes Capcom, Ubisoft, Sega and Warner Bros. Someone was bidding againist Microsoft for Bethesda, huge shake up incoming. Who ever wins it wont be Nintendo or Sony.

Last edited:
1% is just to cover their base in case one game doesn't work, it's not a real number.

My fear which apparently makes me cancer, Microsoft buying Bethesda has opened pandora's box, Amazon has roughly 50 billion in available cash they just like Microsoft will price competition out of the market Disney style. I fully expect Google and Amazon to open their wallets and start buying companies likes Capcom, Ubisoft, Sega and Warner Bros. Someone was bidding againist Microsoft for Bethesda, huge shake up incoming. Who ever wins it wont be Nintendo or Sony.
It's a good point. With all these big corporations trying to get a foothold or increase their share of the now huge gaming market, you'd think them looking to buy up studios to gain access to exclusive content wouldn't be out of the question. At least with MS it doesn't mean, at this point, that titles will be tied to a just one platform or service, but we're potentially not so fortunate if Amazon and Google start opening their wallets in order to get exclusive content for their platforms. I guess it comes down to cost-benefit though. Bethesda was a huge outlay for MS, but with their existing service infrastructure, hardware install base and brand awareness, they'd be confident they could get return on the investment. Any major third-party studio is going to require significant expenditure and I'd think it'd be harder for those with more speculative entries in the market to justify it.

Sony has 30 billion cash on hand, they can afford to buy all the publishers you just listed there. I'll go out on a limb and say they will acquire one of Capcom or Square Enix in the next couple of years.

It's a good point. With all these big corporations trying to get a foothold or increase their share of the now huge gaming market, you'd think them looking to buy up studios to gain access to exclusive content wouldn't be out of the question. At least with MS it doesn't mean, at this point, that titles will be tied to a just one platform or service, but we're potentially not so fortunate if Amazon and Google start opening their wallets in order to get exclusive content for their platforms. I guess it comes down to cost-benefit though. Bethesda was a huge outlay for MS, but with their existing service infrastructure, hardware install base and brand awareness, they'd be confident they could get return on the investment. Any major third-party studio is going to require significant expenditure and I'd think it'd be harder for those with more speculative entries in the market to justify it.
I think they will but it's possible they wont, all depends how aggressive Microsoft want to be. Bethesda was all about boosting their hand for the future so I don't think profit and loss will matter much in their decision it will be more if it will lose brand power.

We're facing a spot in History where we have trillion dollar companies that literally have too much money, losing a billion dollars a year is nothing if it makes you the major player in the industry. These companies can absorb loses until they price companies out of the market. Amazon is my biggest worry if they get a real foot hold in the industry episodic games filled with ad breaks.

Amazon is my biggest worry if they get a real foot hold in the industry episodic games filled with ad breaks.
Sounds like the movie, Ready Player One.

Microsoft, Amazon and Google have unlimited money but I don't trust Amazon and Google.
Microsoft has been in the gaming/console scene for 20+ years, they could of bought out Sony and Nintendo years ago but they seem to enjoy the healthy competition.
The other two companies absorb and destroy.

With MS buying Bethesda,Sony will try to one up them buy purchasing a bigger studio imo

I fear that it's just going to be a dick measuring contest between Microsoft and Sony on who can buy the most studios and that's not good for the gaming industry

It’s not, but don’t Microsoft have more money so could just price Sony out of the game if they were to try?

I think they’ll buy Konami, and possibly Capcom.

God I wouldn’t trust amazon and google either, if they were to take over the gaming industry I’d probably stop gaming tbh, would be a real tragedy.
What would it matter in terms of gaming. If a game is fun to play why would you stop gaming. I never look at the developers or where it comes from. If it is good I want to play it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What would it matter in terms of gaming. If a game is fun to play why would you stop gaming. I never look at the developers or where it comes from. If it is good I want to play it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Because they would have it as a streaming service, and as it stands with internet in Australia being completely s**t, I know where I am it wouldn’t run smoothly, would be horrific. Amazon prime for example is crap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not, but don’t Microsoft have more money so could just price Sony out of the game if they were to try?

I think they’ll buy Konami, and possibly Capcom.
That's what they're about to do, gamepass is specifically about buying consumers into their ecosystem, not necessarily a bad thing but it does make me anxious if they go full Disney. Gaming as a whole is at real crossroads somethign we haven't seen since the mid 80's.

I hope any gaming company buys Konami Ip's even EA would manage them better.

That's what they're about to do, gamepass is specifically about buying consumers into their ecosystem, not necessarily a bad thing but it does make me anxious if they go full Disney. Gaming as a whole is at real crossroads somethign we haven't seen since the mid 80's.

I hope any gaming company buys Konami Ip's even EA would manage them better.

Is Konami worth anything without Kojima there? Wouldn’t say they have a lot of good IP either.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is Konami worth anything without Kojima there? Wouldn’t say they have a lot of good IP either.

They're not interested in console gaming in the slightest, too busy doing business with the Yakuza. There ip's would be worth quite a bit Metal Gear, Contra, Castlevania, Silent Hills and Yugioh.

Konami has a tonne of great IP but a lot of it is now retro - which only has appeal in certain demographics. Igarashi is eating into the value of the Castlevania IP by basically recreating it with the Bloodstained series. There are also a host of different developers that are aping the 'Silent Hill' vibe and style.

That said, a proper Metal Gear 1, 2, 3, 4 & PW remake/remaster would literally print money. A Silent Hill 2 remake (similar to the Capcom RE2 style remake) would also sell well as it has an excellent storyline that many people have yet to experience because of the game's age. I also think a Goemon remake would do quite well as obscure, whacky, anime-esque Japanese s**t has more of a market today than it had back in the 90s.

The rest of their IP would generally only appeal to retro gamers.

Konami aren't completely disinterested in video games, it's just 95% of their income doesn't come from it anymore. They've proven to still be active if it requires as little financial investment and work from them as possible - just look at their recent publishings of ports and the Yu-Gi-Oh mobile game.

The licenses aren't untouchable and I'm sure Sony are going to utitilise them next generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back