PS5 PlayStation 5 - November 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont think it will be $800. but no chance in hell there is a $200 difference between disc and digital. Thats too big of a hit to take. the BOM diffrence will only be like $25.
It's probably on the high side but still think it's a massive possibility. You'll be making back at least $30 extra per full price game, probably more like $40. It's paid for itself in the first year and will be an even bigger money spinner for the life of the console. They must also think it is required with Xbox releasing 2 versions to protect their install base otherwise why bother reducing the efficiencies of the production plant by making 2 machines if it's only a 10% reduction in price?

They will have all of the data on how PS4 consumers get their games. If they are smart, they will use it to greater affect and price the discless version slightly different for each country/region to extract the most revenue in the future. Australia is a market that discless would return a lot more money to Sony if you remove the retail discount, not sure on other markets though.

Im still in the camp that at launch the gap will be $50USD. we will have $75 or outside chance of $100. some markets will have higher others smaller gap based on conversion into USD. and i think they will only make 30% digital consoles. I think they have said its not the budget machine so i dont expect much of a gap since the build costs are almost nothing between them.

I do think that the digital will be the first to have a price drop. but physical will get more special editions for games.

Sony are more than just PlayStation, they make money from selling and licencing Bluray/UHD discs.

Whats the gap between the Xbox 1S and SAD like $50. im not expecting Sony to do more than $100. but think they will still move as many if they priced them $75 apart. Hell they could price them $20 apart and still sell out all launch stock of both machines.

2k/Take Two being dogs or Ubisoft being good guys?

Edit: First reddit comment points out that the tweet specifically says "This Fall". Wonder if it will only be for the beginning of the gen.

2K being campaigners as usual.
Take 2 have somehow escaped a lot of the heat this gen. They might be worse than EA with MTX and other bullshit.

Week before this console is out I'm going to unleash on xbox messages and then give them an essay to read when I challenge the enforcement. So much justice is coming my way, 4 years in the making

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People have been suggesting that custom plates may be a thing. Rather than buying a whole new console to get that nice look you can just buy the plates. Custom designs could be really cool. Hopefully we can control the LED colour on the console too.

People have been suggesting that custom plates may be a thing. Rather than buying a whole new console to get that nice look you can just buy the plates. Custom designs could be really cool. Hopefully we can control the LED colour on the console too.

The console does look like it was designed in 2005, so it may as well have swappable faceplates like everything else back then. Did anyone ever bother with them on Xbox 360?

Remember when consoles got smaller and lighter each generation? Sony doesn't.
They could make it smaller. but they have listened to the concerns of consumers about fan noise with the PS4/Pro.

Consoles are basically like PC's now. they are still smaller than a tower.

Is the new xbox smaller than the last?
My joke applies to them as well. They're pretty much just small tower PCs now. Nintendo are the only ones that really change it up with their hardware each gen. I'll probably still buy it anyway so it doesn't affect my choice of purchase.

My joke applies to them as well. They're pretty much just small tower PCs now. Nintendo are the only ones that really change it up with their hardware each gen. I'll probably still buy it anyway so it doesn't affect my choice of purchase.

Nintendo are a gimmick console maker though, the others try to make seriously powerful rigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back